My original problem with PSFreedom on the HTC Desire, was the rom that your were supposed to install, i didn’t like it, this method by Klutsh, means that you can run any rom that you wish and all you have to do is flash a modified recovery image, based on ClockworkMod v18.104.22.168, so easy to do
A quote from the source:
A custom recovery image for use with the PSFreedom PS3 exploit.
PSFreedom was written by KaKaRoTo to implement the original PS Jailbreak exploit, based in part on reverse engineering efforts by the PSGroove project.
Engineered to work with the MSM72K USB driver and later to work with ADB and Mass Storage by DrMon.
On the 26/09/2010 I will be updating my PS3 to allow my children to go back onto PSN, I will continue to support CWMR – PSFreedom Mod as best I can.
I am not in a situation where a 2nd PS3 is currently a possibility so any future updates after this will be released as Beta’s and I request you be patient if any bugs arise.
Your PS3 must be running firmware 3.41 for this to work
Default Android features:
All features of ClockworkMod v22.214.171.124 recovery including ADB and Mass storage.
Confirmed to work on SLCD Desires.
Custom built CM 2.6.34 Kernel.
A new menu-item called “PSFreedom settings” can be found in the main menu.
The menu-item will load a submenu allowing you to choose different payloads.
Load your own payloads from SD-Card
* Blu Ray (backups without disc): Hermes payload with Blu-Ray emulation support, allows you to play backups.
* Blu Ray (backups with disc): Standard payload with Blu-Ray emulation support, which allows you to play backups.
* Homebrew only: Standard payload without Blu-Ray emulation support, does not allow backups.
* Choose Payload from SD Card: Load your own payload from SD Card
*All payloads have peek/poke enabled
Use on PS3:
* First shut your PlayStation 3 down and then flip the power switch in the back to off (on Slim models, unplug the power cable). Disconnect all USB devices (controllers, USB hard drives, etc.) from the PlayStation 3.
* Boot your phone into recovery mode, select “PSFreedom settings” and choose a payload.
* Now, plug your Desire into the front left USB port and flip the PS3′s power switch back to the on position (or plug it back in). Do not turn the PS3 on with the power button yet.
* For the next step, timing is important. You will need to push the power button and then almost immediately after press the eject button, as if drumming your fingers across the two buttons. When you are successful, the PS3 will take a bit longer to start up.
* When XMB loads, under the “Game” menu there will be two new options, ★ /app_home/PS3_GAME and ★ Install Package Files. Congratulations, you’ve jailbroken your PS3. You’re ready to install homebrew applications.
Installation on phone:
Flash recovery image using unrEVOked.
I highly recommend you download ‘Quick Boot’ from the Market to allow quick rebooting to recovery.
Using Rom Manager to boot to recovery will remove the use of PSFreedom
r0.2 : Cleaned code a little, added menu to load own payloads
Allows for adding payloads from SD Card.
Thanks to MarKeR for the tip.
r0.5 : Updated to latest PSFreedom source – Payloads with new pl3 method – Intergreated Hermes payload.
r0.8 can be found here