• PS3 Hacks, PSGroove, PSP Hacks , 17.09.2010

    Many people are waiting for a PSP PSGroove port - well you might end up waiting for a very long time. It seems that the only public project for this has not been disbanded. The PSP3JB project say that it is not impossible to do, but its just not feasible, and your pretty much better off going and doing one of the other many solutions out there.

    To quote:

    Discontinued. Everything indicates that this port cannot be made, even if it could, it would take too long to develop something, as well as Hermes says, leave the project unfeasible, not impossible.

    [VIA]

    Tags: , ,

    Discuss in Forums (36)


  • 36 Comments

    1. ftgf
      09-17-2010
      04:24 PM
      1

      I could see this happening to the iPhone as well.

    2. GodOfDeath
      09-17-2010
      04:31 PM
      2

      Originally Posted by ftgf
      I could see this happening to the iPhone as well.
      It's already out. Just not for any recent model iPhones (3GS, and iPhone 4).

    3. Angor
      09-17-2010
      04:57 PM
      3

      =( damn

    4. Ranelar
      09-17-2010
      05:05 PM
      4

      Originally Posted by GodOfDeath
      It's already out. Just not for any recent model iPhones (3GS, and iPhone 4).
      I think his point was that he can see the backup manager being declared unfeasible through the iphone hack. As the days drag on with no news, I'm expecting to hear the same.

    5. evertroy
      09-17-2010
      05:17 PM
      5

      Well, it would be really nice to know why. What's the problem here? There is no explanation.

    6. SubZer0
      09-17-2010
      05:18 PM
      6

      Nice ! we don't need that, already too many ports...
      But i would find more funny to see a Sixaxis/DS3 port :D
      (never liked psp anyways, maybe in the future when they do some real stuff
      not a psp lookin' like a gamegear crap from old times lol)

    7. braders1986
      09-17-2010
      05:21 PM
      7

      @Subzer0
      Maybe some of us only have a bloody psp to use for jailbreaking ps3. Not just if you want one or not

    8. demologik
      09-17-2010
      05:29 PM
      8

      the PSP can't emulate the switching of the hubs, or something like that.. im probably wrong though. so disregard anything i've typed thus far.. xD

    9. tcmkenny
      09-17-2010
      05:31 PM
      9

      Well that's annoying, i was waiting on a psp port but i guess it doesn't really matter tho cause my teensy is going to be here very shortly got an email last week saying my order was shipped from the last batch

      However i would have loved to jailbreak the ps3 using Sony's own gear

    10. AsSiTcH
      09-17-2010
      05:44 PM
      10

      Originally Posted by braders1986
      @Subzer0
      Maybe some of us only have a bloody psp to use for jailbreaking ps3. Not just if you want one or not
      spend a couple bux and buy a chip.

    11. Butchr
      09-17-2010
      06:16 PM
      11

      Here is to hoping we can quit reading about someone begging for a psp port in every damn news story.

    12. person66
      09-17-2010
      06:17 PM
      12

      Originally Posted by GodOfDeath
      It's already out. Just not for any recent model iPhones (3GS, and iPhone 4).
      But it isnt a true iphone port, its just running the android hack through android on the iphone, which is why you need openiboot

    13. straitjacket525
      09-17-2010
      06:19 PM
      13

      does anyone have a link to the work on the sixaxis port?

    14. shadowless
      09-17-2010
      06:20 PM
      14

      Originally Posted by person66
      But it isnt a true iphone port, its just running the android hack through android on the iphone, which is why you need openiboot
      Don't think you can do it any other way, correct me if I'm wrong but I think you need native linux or a ported version of it to run the hack. This is why the PSP version is so hard to do.

    15. Pockets69
      09-17-2010
      06:26 PM
      15

      i feel kind of happy (of course i would like that there was a psp port) but if something is done people should buy what is needed in order to accomplish it!! but noo people get bad habits they get lucky enough to get on port, and bam now everyone wants a port for everything... seriously it gets annoying seeing all those people demanding (yes demanding) ports for their devices, a port never should have come, so people would buy the device needed in order to use it, back them on the ps2 scene when the first mod was released no one asked for a port for anything, because people appreciated the devs job, nowadays its not like that.
      So yeah i have to tell you i am glad that this port never came out!

    16. evertroy
      09-17-2010
      06:37 PM
      16

      Whethere you like it or not, ps3 hacks (which happens to be awfully close to the name of the site you moderate) includes pirating. Whether a PSP or other device is used for the hack, there is no need for you to be bitter in every post you write. Get off your high horse.

      And wtf is with that guy assitch thanking you for every piece of garbage you post? I think that must be your alternate account.

    17. Pockets69
      09-17-2010
      06:39 PM
      17

      Hacking != Pirating (FYI)

    18. marta088
      09-17-2010
      07:09 PM
      18

      Wait a minute, they are working to do the exploit using the sixaxis?????? WTF.

    19. FirebirdTA01
      09-17-2010
      07:23 PM
      19

      Originally Posted by Pockets69
      back them on the ps2 scene when the first mod was released no one asked for a port for anything, because people appreciated the devs job, nowadays its not like that.
      So yeah i have to tell you i am glad that this port never came out!
      I agree that people shouldnt demand work from devs when they have no idea how tedious/difficult the work they do is. However... theres always been people that will never appreciate the work devs do. Even back during the ps2 scene. The only reason people didnt ask for ports was because there was nothing it could be ported to back then that a majority of people owned and were able to run it on. And I cant see why you would be glad this port never came out. Sure, I bought a board and have had it for a while so I wasnt waiting for a port to anything, but reading up on them was still interesting and knowing that they were coming out was still GOOD news. People used the work and did what they normally couldnt do on their own. Thats why devs do their work, so people who dont have the means of running something can do it anyway so to speak.
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      Originally Posted by Pockets69
      Hacking != Pirating (FYI)
      And also, people that arent devs or dont know code may not know that != means "not equal to"

    20. braders1986
      09-17-2010
      07:36 PM
      20

      @AsSiTcH
      Yeah bit more than a couple of bucks tho and u know it. No way I would pay more than 5 uk pounds for one of these when I will need to update psp for new call of duty soon anyway. Would of been nice to play around with sum homebrew for a bit till then and using psp to jailbreak would of been a worthy free way of doing so

    21. SniperSnake
      09-17-2010
      08:08 PM
      21

      yep i gave up and will have my teensy in 7-10 days from now....psp port would have been nice, but i wonder if matheuilh's team is still working on the port

    22. MgCrOl
      09-17-2010
      08:25 PM
      22

      at least they tried, but its cool, i was waiting for this port but ill have to wait till my usb gets home..

    23. DarkWork0
      09-17-2010
      10:32 PM
      23

      Was just wondering what ever happened to the ports of linux for the psp, and couldn't we use those to run the code needed? I have two of them but neither of them run on my fat m33-6, going to try to downgrade my firmware and try them out.

    24. LionLester
      09-17-2010
      11:14 PM
      24

      Glad i ordered that PIC18F4550 now.

      but seriously guys you dont need this port, hardware is quite wide ranging now and you can pick up PIC18F4550 for under £30 in uk, so if you can afford a ps3 (£200 or so) i am sure you could find that extra couple of pounds. The scene guys have worked hard enough already in bringing us all the awesome ports available up to date so i for 1 will just move on with the knowledge that they gave it a shot.

      Ps3hax rocks ,(keep up the good work guys).

      Yes: this is my first post.
      Yes: I know my grammer stinks
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************

      Originally Posted by braders1986
      @AsSiTcH
      Yeah bit more than a couple of bucks tho and u know it. No way I would pay more than 5 uk pounds for one of these when I will need to update psp for new call of duty soon anyway. Would of been nice to play around with sum homebrew for a bit till then and using psp to jailbreak would of been a worthy free way of doing so
      not that much at all m8. if you can afford a psp and a ps3 im sure you can afford one:musicus:.

      ps. didn't you say you were a psp hacker.

    25. Jirachi99
      09-18-2010
      03:12 AM
      25

      Uh... wouldn't it just be easier to make like a TI-85+ or something emulator? That way it could also be used for others!

    26. flayer
      09-18-2010
      07:03 AM
      26

      It would have been cool with a bruteforcing client tool that all the newbies could start so we all could use our CPU cycles for something good besides refreshing a browser

      Does anyone know what keyspace this is? a rought estimate perhaps?

    27. hooflee
      09-18-2010
      07:16 AM
      27

      i have never regretted my purchase of this portable

      buy a dingoo people, it's cheap fun and psgroove-able


      http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23032

      you don't have to get it from here, just a suggestion.


      and if you're gonna give me crap please know that i too own a psp
      (two to be exact)

    28. Crusher
      09-18-2010
      08:22 AM
      28

      **** ! I hope there will be a port for the Ipod Touch 2g shortly !!

    29. ZanderCross
      09-18-2010
      10:40 AM
      29

      Originally Posted by Pockets69
      i feel kind of happy (of course i would like that there was a psp port) but if something is done people should buy what is needed in order to accomplish it!! but noo people get bad habits they get lucky enough to get on port, and bam now everyone wants a port for everything... seriously it gets annoying seeing all those people demanding (yes demanding) ports for their devices, a port never should have come, so people would buy the device needed in order to use it, back them on the ps2 scene when the first mod was released no one asked for a port for anything, because people appreciated the devs job, nowadays its not like that.
      So yeah i have to tell you i am glad that this port never came out!
      Good words Pockets!
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      Originally Posted by evertroy
      Whethere you like it or not, ps3 hacks (which happens to be awfully close to the name of the site you moderate) includes pirating. Whether a PSP or other device is used for the hack, there is no need for you to be bitter in every post you write. Get off your high horse.

      And wtf is with that guy assitch thanking you for every piece of garbage you post? I think that must be your alternate account.
      Pockets is a Mod and is allowed to stay on the "high horse" all he chooses. You need to get off your entitlement horse and stop talking. If you want a PSP port, do it yourself!!!!
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      Originally Posted by Crusher
      **** ! I hope there will be a port for the Ipod Touch 2g shortly !!
      Check the news... There's already one out!

    30. n0doubledy
      09-18-2010
      12:12 PM
      30

      @ZanderCross

      weres there ipod 2g port ??

    31. Pockets69
      09-18-2010
      02:36 PM
      31

      there is no ipod 2g port! its impossible as of now.

    32. Ivanho
      09-18-2010
      09:27 PM
      32

      @pockets69 How could you even compare psp to game gear? Can you even understand what it's able to do, maby thats the problem. The psp is a virtual no mans land of homebrew, mods and hacking. Why so much hate for ports? If you appreciate the ps3's new abilities then why talk down about the devices that make it possible, specially since they really are no diffrent than the ps3 it's self being devices free from their normal tasks programed to do what we want or to perform at the best of it's abbility (psp)

    33. Pockets69
      09-19-2010
      06:16 AM
      33

      Where in this thread or any thread have i compared the psp to the game gear?! stop saying stuff like that, yes i don't want the port to come out not for the well being of the scene (in that i wish the port would come out, it would mean another blow to sony) i just don't want it released because people don't appreciate the devs job and it gets me so mad most of the time, you clearly have registered a few days ago, you weren't here when people demanded a psp port in an hourly bases, and when we said it wouldn't happen or it wasn't released yet, we were insulted, devs were insulted, saying they were stupid, how was it possible that a calculator had the jailbreak ported but the psp didn't!
      So yeah most people here doesn't deserve this port!
      and yeah i can understand what the psp does, cause i code for it.

    34. BlueEfficiency
      09-19-2010
      11:22 AM
      34

      I want a port to my toaster ;(

    35. 0amadeus0
      09-20-2010
      07:05 AM
      35

      It's already been ported to a multitude of devices so quite frankly there's no need for a PSP one.

      It's pretty amazing that there are so many versions anyway. People don't have to solder a mod-chip. Take out drives and flash them. mess about with J-tags. All you need is a simple usb device of which there is a choice and flash the code to it. Outside of a softmod this is as simple as it gets for hacking a console and costs less than one game.

      And if anyone feels hard done by that nobody has written a psp port for you do it yourself. All the docs are freely available.

      I don't know why the PSP is more difficult to to create this hack for as I have no experience in programming on one but there must be a reason. Do people honestly think
      if it was a simple thing to do it wouldn't have already been done?

    36. XMuzzlerX
      09-21-2010
      04:22 PM
      36

      Mann, its too bad thier won't be a port for the psp. I orderd the Maximus AVR USB on the 8th (and is being deliverd any day now ) because it was only $40, wich is not bad, but it would be pretty cool to see this port come along some time down the road.. But for the people that are working on all they other ports, Thank You for your time and generous output!!