Posted by PS3Hax Member News
, on 23/10/2010
Here is an ancient way to play PS3 games online on lower firmwares. This method does not involve the connection of PSN, but rather via LAN on XlinkKai.
Yeah, yeah, it’s not as perfect as PSN, but at least you can play online before the anticipated release from PSJailbreak for newer firmware support. That if you are desperate enough to get it online as there are only handful of thousand gamers of different consoles online at the same time. I will put the tutorial here anyway since i think there are some who are interested to ‘break’ online.
1. First, you must register an account with XLink at http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/signup.php. You don’t have to fill out all details, only * are important.
2. Then, download XLink Kai which is in http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/downloads.php/ and simply run the installer.
3. Here comes the difficult part, which is forwarding your port. It is quite different depending on the type of your router. By default, its usually goes at 192.168.1.1. You must login and go into the port forwarding section. See how to port forward your router below http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Xlink_Kai/Xlink_Kaiindex.htm
4. Just set protocol to “both” (UDP & TCP) and the port from 30000 to 34522 then save and apply.
5. Now run the Xlink Kai Evolution VII program, if your are running Windows 7 right click -> properties -> run in Windows Xp SP2 and check run as administrator. (Click allow if there is any prompt window about firewall)
6. This time, it should open up a configuration page. Simply entering your username and password from the XLink account you have created before, also check application GUI if it is set into the web GUI. This is optional as it will have an easier navigation.
7. Click the green arrow to login (If your not already logged into XLink), power on your Jailbroken PS3 console and you should get a DNS Error on startup. You don’t have to worry about this as it is normal.
8. Finally, click on the magnify glass with the folder icon below the “?”. If it says “PS2/PS3 is configured successfully” , i must congratulate you as you are now connected to XLink and can host LAN parties.
Supported Games For This Method:
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty W@W
OFP Dragon Rising
Rainbow Six Vegas
Unreal Tournament 3
Armored Core 4
Blazing Angels 2
Formula 1 Championship
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Kane & Lynch Dead Man
Red Dead Redemption
Red Fraction Guerrilla
Saints Row 2
Should i sign in with PSN on my PS3?
* As you are probably on Jailbroken mode, no, you don’t need to sign in with your PSN account.
happy online guys see you on there