• PS3 Hacks, PS3 Tutorials, PSN , 11.12.2010

    Some people are getting annoyed that they cannot play their PSN content on lower firmwares. Well i have found how to, everything thing ive tried works, so hopefully it will work for you as well.

    1: Update your PS3 to 3.50

    [ROot] PS3/UPDATE/3.50.PUP

    2: Re-Enable PSN with the DNS hack

    DNS PRIMARY: 67.202.81.137

    Same for secondary
    3: Now sign into PSN and go to Account Management —> Activate account -> PS3

    Download PSN Content.

    4: Once downloaded, start the game, then exit to XMB.

    5: Backup Hard disk, from the system menu.

    6: Downgrade to 3.41

    7: Restore backup

    8: now you can play your PSN Game on 3.41

    Tags: , ,

    Discuss in Forums (50)


  • 50 Comments

    1. Pirate
      12-11-2010
      02:08 PM
      1

      Awesome, front paged

    2. quake3
      12-11-2010
      02:11 PM
      2

      Uhm, why is this even on the frontpage?
      Seems obvious right? Ofcourse it works...

    3. GregoryRasputin
      12-11-2010
      02:18 PM
      3

      Originally Posted by quake3
      Uhm, why is this even on the frontpage?
      Seems obvious right? Ofcourse it works...
      Not everyone knows...

    4. M3MPH
      12-11-2010
      02:20 PM
      4

      yeah thx to tell sony to patch the dns trick agains u f*** why u ppl dont shut up about this thigs thats why sony can always fix this holes ,i was waiting for a way that i can jb my ps3 on 3.50 but with this now its sure soon i must epdate to 3.55 because i cant lose psn for online tournaments on killzone 2 thx to this dumb f***!!!

      Warning

      No Flaming



    5. GregoryRasputin
      12-11-2010
      02:23 PM
      5

      Originally Posted by M3MPH
      yeah thx to tell sony to patch the dns trick agains u f*** why u ppl dont shut up about this thigs thats why sony can always fix this holes ,i was waiting for a way that i can jb my ps3 on 3.50 but with this now its sure soon i must epdate to 3.55 because i cant lose psn for online tournaments on killzone 2 thx to this dumb f***!!!
      Try and act like a mature adult and not a child in pre school, if you don't think Sony know about these methods, then you have no clue about anything, they have blocked this exact same method about five times, they will block it again and them blocking it has nothing to do with this forum or any of its posts/threads.

    6. M3MPH
      12-11-2010
      02:31 PM
      6

      u are right u know all about ps3 ,but for this time its been since the update was out that sony didnt block it because they still dont need it ,and yeah i know somethings btw i got one frind on sony that he tells me that they dont need it to patch it for the moment till now!!

    7. Pirate
      12-11-2010
      02:46 PM
      7

      Originally Posted by M3MPH
      yeah thx to tell sony to patch the dns trick agains u f*** why u ppl dont shut up about this thigs thats why sony can always fix this holes ,i was waiting for a way that i can jb my ps3 on 3.50 but with this now its sure soon i must epdate to 3.55 because i cant lose psn for online tournaments on killzone 2 thx to this dumb f***!!!
      If we don't tell you about these things then you wouldn't have a jailbroken PS3 in the first place.

    8. OoZic
      12-11-2010
      02:56 PM
      8

      Originally Posted by M3MPH
      yeah thx to tell sony to patch the dns trick agains u f*** why u ppl dont shut up about this thigs thats why sony can always fix this holes ,i was waiting for a way that i can jb my ps3 on 3.50 but with this now its sure soon i must epdate to 3.55 because i cant lose psn for online tournaments on killzone 2 thx to this dumb f***!!!

      Warning

      No Flaming



      The same trick can be done with syncing trophies and they don't close the dns method for that. There is a reason the DNS trick works. Sony makes it work for a short time every time there is an update. Maybe something for debugging. don't know.

      Trophies need an ftp backup and extra repair of the filesystem though to get them back.

    9. Zonama
      12-11-2010
      02:57 PM
      9

      Does it work with 3.15, too?
      Must i use a backup or work it, too, if i have the same hdd in the PS3?

    10. mr puffin
      12-11-2010
      02:57 PM
      10

      Originally Posted by M3MPH
      yeah thx to tell sony to patch the dns trick agains u f*** why u ppl dont shut up about this thigs thats why sony can always fix this holes ,i was waiting for a way that i can jb my ps3 on 3.50 but with this now its sure soon i must epdate to 3.55 because i cant lose psn for online tournaments on killzone 2 thx to this dumb f***!!!

      Warning

      No Flaming



      lol you do know that they updated ps3 to 3.55 because of the downgrade
      oh and don't forget that if there was a way to jailbreak 3.50 instead of a downgrade that sony would patched it the same way also

      so if you want a jailbroken ps3 and an online one buy a second one

      having no PSN is a setback to jailbreak
      so make your choice Jailbreak or online not both as sony will always patch the online methods

    11. dicka1
      12-11-2010
      02:59 PM
      11

      a little bit off topic but why don't anyone make a program to backup our copy-protected savegames?

    12. riplay
      12-11-2010
      03:05 PM
      12

      Doesn't work for me

      keep getting messenge that i need to login psn to be able to play this contant

    13. Irvysan
      12-11-2010
      03:28 PM
      13

      Thanks, didn't know about this
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************

      Originally Posted by dicka1
      a little bit off topic but why don't anyone make a program to backup our copy-protected savegames?
      You can backup copy protected saves by ftping and editing the param.sfo and change the save protection flag from 1 to 0

    14. anon101
      12-11-2010
      06:32 PM
      14

      now only if we could downgrade from 3.55

    15. twiggy1818
      12-11-2010
      06:42 PM
      15

      Originally Posted by anon101
      now only if we could downgrade from 3.55
      well the scene has been around for a while you should have known better than to upgrade to newest update lol....... but hey buy another and try again... and if you wanna downgrade just to play online when you update then you should not even think about this lol.... welcome to the scene pal online is never a option... unless you are a nintendo fan boy:aetsch: and as always this is for Sony:thefinger:

    16. samson
      12-11-2010
      06:48 PM
      16

      another winner gliitch

      Originally Posted by Zonama
      Does it work with 3.15, too?
      Must i use a backup or work it, too, if i have the same hdd in the PS3?
      back up,
      upgrade to 3.50 get dlc on 3.50,
      backup,
      downgrade to 3.15 and restore on the same hdd

      so i cant see why not unless the dlc requires higher fw.

    17. UNIT-01
      12-11-2010
      07:44 PM
      17

      This is why its better to have more then 1 ps3 or in my case 4 all running different FW

    18. anon101
      12-11-2010
      08:35 PM
      18

      Originally Posted by twiggy1818
      well the scene has been around for a while you should have known better than to upgrade to newest update lol....... but hey buy another and try again... and if you wanna downgrade just to play online when you update then you should not even think about this lol.... welcome to the scene pal online is never a option... unless you are a nintendo fan boy:aetsch: and as always this is for Sony:thefinger:
      I never said I have upgraded... I was on 3.15 till psgroove. I was just referring to the fact that this might be a semi-permanent solution for having psn if we could downgrade from 3.55 back to 3.41 with this fix... I am a Nintendo fanboy as well, but the homebrew scene with it is pretty much exhausted imo...

      Anyways, back to topic...

    19. dodo815
      12-11-2010
      09:16 PM
      19

      i am still on that dns move they told me about i can go online without any problem iam on 3.50 now

    20. CaelThunderwing
      12-11-2010
      11:33 PM
      20

      of my games the only one thats not workin is Hoard it freezes.

      *edit* it was the bloody game's save.


      if any game is freezing for you guys or givin probs try deleting the gamesave

    21. SaveU
      12-11-2010
      11:40 PM
      21

      Upgraded to 3.50 here.
      Redownloaded, authorized, installed, backed up, downgraded, But my dlc is still saying it needs to be account management to activate on my system.

    22. gliitch
      12-12-2010
      03:16 AM
      22

      De-activate the system, then reactivate it.

      What I dont understand is, these noobs moan about PSN not working, and they fix it, then still moan. I thought as i cant code, i'll help the scene in some otherway, by writing tuts. Well, MPH3 or whatever your name is,( thats not really important.) You are just as generic as the rest of the clueless noobies, at least some are appreciative of peoples work, unlike you.

      As for the others, thanks for your kind words :D If I figure out some more things i'll be sure to let people know, but if i get flamed, i may as well just set it to private.

      Also, the content must be bought, not downloaded off some random torrent site. something i forgot to state in my tut.

    23. FF0
      12-12-2010
      05:08 AM
      23

      It's not working for me!

      I have a SLIM move edition.
      1. Update to 3.50
      2. re-enable psn through dns hack
      3. deactivate and reactivate ps3 through account management
      4. download previously bought psn game. install game, run game, exit game.
      5. backup system from system menu.
      6. downgrade to 3.41 using modified PUP etc..
      7. redo setup on 3.41, restore backup from system menu.
      8. still gives "activate using account management".
      (if you look at the info of the game, the owner is empty)

      Any ideas? I tried this lots of times now with no succes.

    24. gliitch
      12-12-2010
      05:26 AM
      24

      I have only tested it on a few games and i've had no problems. Im not sure about everyone else ><

    25. FF0
      12-12-2010
      05:35 AM
      25

      I don't suppose there's anyway to backup the act.dat file from 3.50??
      Then I could use this to temporarily enable my psn content on 3.41...

    26. gliitch
      12-12-2010
      05:51 AM
      26

      Thats what this tut does dood XD

    27. Matthieu105
      12-12-2010
      06:53 AM
      27

      how can you change the protection flag in the sfo editor ? to use the protected save games ?

    28. Seven_D
      12-12-2010
      06:59 AM
      28

      Not worked on my friend Ps3 60 gb !! FUUCK and NOW IT HAVES A YLOD!!!

      Why you post THIS=?? You wanna destroy some ps3?

      YEah because you got it ! The ps3 of my friend is YLOD and he do all the steps OK

      Thanks for destroy the ps3 of my friend

      ARGHGHHHHHHH

      Delete this POST!!!! or More people gonna get YLOD !!!

    29. gliitch
      12-12-2010
      07:08 AM
      29

      Erm dood, anything we do on here is never 100% risk free, if you attempt and it goes wrong, im not responsible. PS i doubt the tut caused your friends YLOD.

    30. Seven_D
      12-12-2010
      07:14 AM
      30

      yeah it happened when it does that , so it must be that

    31. gliitch
      12-12-2010
      07:19 AM
      31

      BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Coincidence much? O_o I never said go out and try it. So anything that happens isnt my fault XD.It has worked for me(countless times) and few others.

    32. Matthieu105
      12-12-2010
      07:24 AM
      32

      but pls tell me how you can use copy protected save games on ps3 with the sfo editor

    33. Seven_D
      12-12-2010
      07:33 AM
      33

      OK , but the next time you can say

      WARNING! this stuff is not tested at all sistems so

      USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

      ...

      because beliveme my friend is crying now , he is out of warranties so bye bye to his ps3...

      EDIT: he was using PS3Break 1.1 , maybe that dongle can be dangerous at this ?

    34. gliitch
      12-12-2010
      07:37 AM
      34

      Well im sorry your friend lost his PS3, but im pretty sure it wasn't because of this though dood. Even though it doesnt say 'WARNING MAY KILL OFF YOUR PS3' you should still take these toutorials with a grain of salt

      Also, ive only used boards for my experiments. so it is most likey your dongle that caused it.

    35. Seven_D
      12-12-2010
      07:47 AM
      35

      Dude but we fix it ' o_0

      LoooooooooL we just seen a video on youtube

      Fix the YLOD with a hair dryer

      LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL it worked

      he is jumping of happyness

      the methood worked now wow we cant belive it

      but cant access psn

      hehehe

      TOO SORRY for the misserounderstanding (my friend was a noob at this) i fixed with the video of youtube :D

      Now im gonna test in my ps3

      XDDDDD

      LoLz

      if someone get the YLOD : look at youtube you will find maybe the solution for my friend worked

      LoL

      here is the video YouTube - FIX PS3 YELLOW LIGHT/YLOD. WITHOUT OPENING PS3

    36. gliitch
      12-12-2010
      07:56 AM
      36

      mexican wave face palm. >< Dont bite the hand that feeds next time...

    37. Seven_D
      12-12-2010
      08:04 AM
      37

      Originally Posted by gliitch
      mexican wave face palm. >< Dont bite the hand that feeds next time...
      in dont understand the part when you say

      mexican wave face palm

      what you mean? hehe im Spanish not Mexican Spain is on Europe and more advanced than Mexican ! XDDDD

      Sorry again with the confusion , but was because my friend was a noob at jailbreak

      EDIT: And now we know if someone for accident have's the problem test with that methood

    38. gliitch
      12-12-2010
      08:07 AM
      38

      Dont worry dood, its good you've got a working PS3 again.

    39. Rax909
      12-12-2010
      01:29 PM
      39

      Would never work. I can't ever downgrade. I have no such "tools" to do so. And no DNS hacks would ever work for me. Would be nice...in a perfect world it would work for me.

    40. Ralsengan
      12-12-2010
      02:09 PM
      40

      "You can backup copy protected saves by ftping and editing the param.sfo and change the save protection flag from 1 to 0"

      Can someone please explain this to me in english^^ and step by step asap please....

    41. risky buisness
      12-12-2010
      02:11 PM
      41

      uggh did this process upgraded to 3.50 did dns trick, activated downloaded my rockband songs backed up hd (took 5 hrs to back up ps3 hd), downgraded to 3.14, uploaded my backup, went into rockband 3 songs showed up but wouldnt play! what am i doing wrong?

    42. Matthieu105
      12-12-2010
      02:33 PM
      42

      "You can backup copy protected saves by ftping and editing the param.sfo and change the save protection flag from 1 to 0"

      Can someone please explain this to me in english^^ and step by step asap please....



      yes i like to know either

    43. Cadillac Davelle
      12-12-2010
      06:11 PM
      43

      can someone please post up a tutorial for noobs? my ps3 is already jailbrokin on 3.41, also in order to downgrade from 3.50 to 3.41 (to be able to use the PSN) would i need to buy a chip?

    44. Wutangrza
      12-13-2010
      08:15 PM
      44

      I tried it twice on a slim with no luck. The only things that worked for me were things that had demos which were then unlocked (Marvel vs Capcom 2, Critter Crunch, etc)

      Anyone get this to work successfully on a slim?

      edit: seems like another slim user had the same problem earlier in this thread. Have any slim users gotten say, Netflix to work in 3.41? Or a PS1 game that they bought?

    45. Bakke
      12-15-2010
      12:18 AM
      45

      Looks like the DNS or Proxy method doesnt work anymore with 3.50. I'm being asked to update. Tried it a couple hours ago. Can anyone confirm that please?

    46. Darth Cyborg Trooper
      12-15-2010
      03:05 AM
      46

      Yes, the DNS hack doesn't work anymore...I'm being asked to update too yesterday.

    47. p666
      12-15-2010
      03:39 AM
      47

      for n00bs.. you need an SFO editor to change the save game flags. There are quite a few around now.

    48. Seven_D
      12-15-2010
      07:27 AM
      48

      Originally Posted by gliitch
      Dont worry dood, its good you've got a working PS3 again.
      Yeah and at the moment the Ps3 of my friend is working great so all is OK over here

    49. Levii
      12-18-2010
      10:06 AM
      49

      I was running 3.50 on my PS3 because I want to play GT5.
      I have played with a friend of me some days ago on 3.50 online.
      When I'm now trying to connect I get the message that I need to upate my firmware.

      Is the DNS bypass not working anymore?

    50. japsander
      12-18-2010
      10:22 AM
      50

      no, it is blocked completely