It has been over two months since we first reported on Comgenies Awesome Filemanager and he has made a lot of progress with it, for a while it was the only dedicated filemanager for the PS3. well just recently a Dev called zoned has created a filemanager, which he calls Simple File Manager, here is a quote from the source:
Allows shortcuts to be defined in SFM_options.ini – named this way so multiple option files for different applications can be stored in the same directory on a usb device.
Allows selection of multiple files for copy/move/delete.
Allows folder size to be calculated and displayed, along with number of files etc.
* In Device list -
* X – open in left panel
* O – open in right panel
In left/right panels -
* L1 – Page Up
* L2 – Page Down
* L3 – Add Shortcut to Device list
* R1 – Get folder size
* R2 – Select file/folder
* R3 – Future – Rename function
* X – Enter Directory
* O – Up directory
* / – Copy selected files/folders
*  – Delete selected files/folders
* SELECT – Toggle Controls
2nd Controls -
* L3 – Future – Save shortcuts to ini file
* R2 – Toggle Selection
* / – Move selected files/folders
* Planned to be implemented future in versions (time permitting on which of these get done as some will need investigation to determine feasiblity)
* Better progress display when copying multiple files.
* Play media files.
* Alternative visualisations for audio playback.
* Rename/Create Directory and other standard file manager functions.
* Search option
* Display text files.
* Edit text files.
* User configuration in INI file of colour scheme.
* Ability to display/copy contents of Archives.
* Allow to be called in single panel mode by other programs and return the selected file/folder to the calling program.
* Other functions that are requested will be considered.