• My new project
    #Ps3 Dev Suite
    ubuntu i386 10.10 maverick livcd LXDE DESKTOP …..64bit soon i hope
    contains
    - ps3toolchain
    - p3light
    - ps3libraries
    - ps3tools
    - ps3utils
    - ps3pubilctools
    - failoverflow
    - RCOMage
    - AND SOME OTHERS

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031489/ps3devsuite0.1%20iso.torrent

    if you have a seedbox or a really good conection and want to help seeds this beta and furture
    build please drop me a line

    Have Fun and please leave feed back real beta!!!
    This suite is everything you need for open soruce
    NO backup mangers stuff all homebrew
    and It will boot on a usb with unetbootin

    Pass along need seeders!!!! :D
    We need good trackers that don’t time out!!!

    Tags: , , , , , , , ,

    Discuss in Forums (48)


  • 48 Comments

    1. Xhinde1888
      01-29-2011
      03:26 AM
      1

      Ill help seed that baby

    2. RevX90
      01-29-2011
      08:51 AM
      2

      i will seed too.

    3. Jerk McD0uchebag
      01-29-2011
      08:53 AM
      3

      Appreciated, ill seed it in the future as well.

    4. man50n
      01-29-2011
      08:57 AM
      4

      Sedding

    5. antreas16596
      01-29-2011
      09:00 AM
      5

      How i can put this in me PS3?? Tell me and i will seed too if it work...
      nc job!!

    6. PiXeLbLuE230
      01-29-2011
      09:13 AM
      6

      Up and on my Seedbox

    7. advocatusdiaboli
      01-29-2011
      09:18 AM
      7

      Please can someone please make a ps3 dev repo?

      If you have the connection; I can do the configuration.

      The ISO is sooo big, many people already have ubuntu installed.

    8. Dollenaaktloper
      01-29-2011
      09:19 AM
      8

      seeding the love

    9. Pockets69
      01-29-2011
      09:20 AM
      9

      Quote Originally Posted by antreas16596 View Post
      How i can put this in me PS3?? Tell me and i will seed too if it work...
      nc job!!
      this is not for the ps3 -.-' its a dev environment for the pc.

    10. Azr79
      01-29-2011
      09:32 AM
      10

      How to install?

    11. advocatusdiaboli
      01-29-2011
      09:34 AM
      11

      I have no idea yet, but I assume you will run this in virtual box?

    12. Pockets69
      01-29-2011
      09:57 AM
      12

      yes its a live cd advocatus... based on ubuntu remix, its pretty light i must say.

      Azr if you don't know how to install this is not for you only for devs.

    13. advocatusdiaboli
      01-29-2011
      10:29 AM
      13

      The ISO is about 200 times bigger than the files that are different from ubuntu...

    14. Pockets69
      01-29-2011
      10:37 AM
      14

      well its a modified version i expect it to be big still its 564mb not the end of the world.

    15. microsnakey
      01-29-2011
      10:41 AM
      15

      To whoever is seeding well done I am getting 600Kbps

    16. tzortzie
      01-29-2011
      10:56 AM
      16

      Downloading and will keep seeding.

      I want to start developing some homebrew, never done console programing before, but have written applications in the 100.000 lines range. I have no idea where to start from if someone has created a hello world or knows of a tutorial it would be much appreciated. Maybe we should start a thread on exactly what is needed to get started and the steps to take to develop a hello world and leave it there so anyone interested in looking deeper into the subject doesn't have to spend a lot of time getting there first hello world going. Just a suggestion.

    17. advocatusdiaboli
      01-29-2011
      11:02 AM
      17

      There are examples in psl1ght

    18. microsnakey
      01-29-2011
      11:03 AM
      18

      What is the SU pass

    19. neoxxx
      01-29-2011
      11:10 AM
      19

      Thanks a lot .... hummm, this distro will make me very comfortable ... and my VMware is ready

      If you need info about C + + libraries, i recommend you take a look here:

      1 - HERE
      2 - HERE

      Sample ---> HERE

    20. BobbyBlunt
      01-29-2011
      11:17 AM
      20

      I downloaded this last night. I will seed until I have a ratio of 5 then I am cutting it off. I've been seeding all night.

    21. y2jcjy2j7
      01-29-2011
      11:45 AM
      21

      Oh c'mon, yall download 15+gb files , and complain about 564mb.
      I have 5mb connection and it took about 10 minutes.

      Its a live cd, so that means you don't install, you simply burn to cd/dvd and boot into it.

    22. neoxxx
      01-29-2011
      11:58 AM
      22

      Mount it with DaemonTools Lite and boot on VMware Linux Machine

    23. TheBum
      01-29-2011
      12:00 PM
      23

      I have a pretty good connection, i'll seed future release, I'll seed this one as soon as I finish the DL.

    24. thijzzy
      01-29-2011
      12:21 PM
      24

      I seeded :thefinger: sonydevs we're better:aetsch:

    25. darkfroggy
      01-29-2011
      12:26 PM
      25

      anyone got this on youtube tutorial???

    26. advocatusdiaboli
      01-29-2011
      12:53 PM
      26

      Quote Originally Posted by y2jcjy2j7 View Post
      Oh c'mon, yall download 15+gb files , and complain about 564mb.
      I have 5mb connection and it took about 10 minutes.

      Its a live cd, so that means you don't install, you simply burn to cd/dvd and boot into it.
      How many updates do you think there will be? Its a lot better to have a repo, git or SVN, so that one can checkout only the updates.

    27. stevelufc01
      01-29-2011
      01:14 PM
      27

      cool,getting 7mb/s speed.i will leave open for good while to seedback to others

    28. advocatusdiaboli
      01-29-2011
      01:18 PM
      28

      Quote Originally Posted by microsnakey View Post
      What is the SU pass
      There is probably
      Code:
      sudo su
      using the same pass as for the user.

    29. JonathanD
      01-29-2011
      02:41 PM
      29

      Downloaded and will be trying to learn as much as possible with it, thank you!

      Also will be seeding for a few days since my mighty 50-100KBs upload rate will take forever to even hit 1-1.... Damn cable Internet, download at almost 2MB's a second upload at a snails pace.

    30. DonStevozz
      01-29-2011
      03:54 PM
      30

      this is a tool to make CFW ha?

    31. BoredUltimatum
      01-29-2011
      04:17 PM
      31

      I haven't downloaded a torrent in a long time. Anyone recommend a particular client? I used to use the old uTorrent but they sold out and started implementing tracking stuff.

      EDIT- Nevermind. Just grabbed uTorrent and PeerBlock.

    32. advocatusdiaboli
      01-29-2011
      04:26 PM
      32

      Quote Originally Posted by DonStevozz View Post
      this is a tool to make CFW ha?
      Nope, this is an SDK to make your own games, demos, or tools.

    33. depblkman
      01-29-2011
      04:56 PM
      33

      Seeding. i get 1.5mb up
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************

      Quote Originally Posted by BoredUltimatum View Post
      I haven't downloaded a torrent in a long time. Anyone recommend a particular client? I used to use the old uTorrent but they sold out and started implementing tracking stuff.
      i'm using bittorrent...

    34. pbanj
      01-29-2011
      04:59 PM
      34

      if you want i can upload it to megaupload i have an account so it wont go down

    35. Serbinhio
      01-29-2011
      04:59 PM
      35

      Any PSL1GHT tutorial???

    36. advocatusdiaboli
      01-29-2011
      05:05 PM
      36

      PSL1GHT has some examples, pls find links in this thread.

    37. BoredUltimatum
      01-29-2011
      08:01 PM
      37

      Has anyone got this installed? I couldn't get the HDDinstall.sh script to run when booting the ISO image in either WMware Player or Oracle VM VirtualBox. It was also glitching running in VMware. I would like to install to disk so I can actually save stuff and customize the environment. I'm actually considering just install Ubuntu or Fedora then copying over the dev files. I would then have to setup the system variables and all that though...

    38. gatz85
      01-29-2011
      08:11 PM
      38

      Quote Originally Posted by BoredUltimatum View Post
      Has anyone got this installed? I couldn't get the HDDinstall.sh script to run when booting the ISO image in either WMware Player or Oracle VM VirtualBox. It was also glitching running in VMware. I would like to install to disk so I can actually save stuff and customize the environment. I'm actually considering just install Ubuntu or Fedora then copying over the dev files. I would then have to setup the system variables and all that though...
      ok wht is the glitcing??

      2d you must format the hdd first then run script and give it that hdd.
      so when i test in virtualbox hade to run these commands.

      $cfdisk /dev/sda

      made partition and then

      $mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1

      to format it then run

      $sudo su #become root
      $/home/ps3/Desktop/HDDinstall.sh

      more auto crap next release
      any more questions let me know
      i updated first post also !

    39. BoredUltimatum
      01-29-2011
      10:52 PM
      39

      Quote Originally Posted by gatz85 View Post
      ok wht is the glitcing??

      2d you must format the hdd first then run script and give it that hdd.
      so when i test in virtualbox hade to run these commands.

      $cfdisk /dev/sda

      made partition and then

      $mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1

      to format it then run

      $sudo su #become root
      $/home/ps3/Desktop/HDDinstall.sh

      more auto crap next release
      any more questions let me know
      i updated first post also !
      It would glitch by refreshing every second or so, closing menus like the main menu and context (right click) menus. I think it has to do with a graphics thing with VMware but it could also be with the disk image itself. In VirtualBox it errors out trying to get the monitor information (monitor settings).

      As for the second part, I had made a virtual drive but didn't realize I have to format it. After doing that, I restarted the script and gave it the partition (sda1, as there's only one drive with one partition). However, it closed back to terminal without any confirmation. Also, the virtual drive remains untouched.

    40. gatz85
      01-30-2011
      04:28 AM
      40

      Hmm that video problem sounds like a Vm problem.

      but the HDD install should work like a charm.. the word should lol.
      ** Dont just click on the script**
      but anyways, try to open a console. then type it in as root.
      so open lxterm should be in the menus list

      then these commands

      $sudo su
      $cd /home/ps3/Desktop/
      $ HDDinstall.sh ** This is done as root make sure

      follow the prompts and copy and paste up hereif it breaks so i can take a look!! it should be short

      if that also fails open up the script and is you under stand it follow what it does
      by hand..
      good luck i have to crash

    41. cm0002
      01-30-2011
      05:00 PM
      41

      does anyone know the administrative pass so i can run GParted?

    42. BoredUltimatum
      01-30-2011
      06:00 PM
      42

      Quote Originally Posted by gatz85 View Post
      Hmm that video problem sounds like a Vm problem.

      but the HDD install should work like a charm.. the word should lol.
      ** Dont just click on the script**
      but anyways, try to open a console. then type it in as root.
      so open lxterm should be in the menus list

      then these commands

      $sudo su
      $cd /home/ps3/Desktop/
      $ HDDinstall.sh ** This is done as root make sure

      follow the prompts and copy and paste up hereif it breaks so i can take a look!! it should be short

      if that also fails open up the script and is you under stand it follow what it does
      by hand..
      good luck i have to crash
      I tried to no avail. With school and such, I think I may just hold off a little longer hopefully for more dev ease tools to be made. For the record though, I created and formatted a partition as sda1 of ext3 format (I typed ext4 in but it did ext3 apparently). I had been running the script in terminal but after giving it sda1 it quit back to terminal without any output. I was going to try adding in echos to the script to figure out where it was cutting out but, since it's a live cd, I couldn't save to run it. I'm pretty sure it's exiting on umount though.

      My experience with Linux is primarily with Fedora. I may just try adding Ubuntu to my bootable portable HDD, copying over the PS3 stuff, then setting up the environment. If I'm going to get into development with this stuff, I really do need to know what all is going on anyways. Otherwise it would be difficult to troubleshoot if I ever need to. Plus I like having it all setup the way I like. As a suggestion you might try making this into a VM for VirtualBox or VMware Player (which is free opposed to VMware Workstation). I've got nothing against this disk but I'm just not big on the rigid livecd thing aside from quick hardware troubleshooting. I don't want to come off as hard or disappointed, it's just not my thing. Lastly, I think the graphics thing might partially be related to the disk as VirtualBox notes that the display setup is 24bit as opposed to 32bit. I don't see how that would cause problems though. I really don't know though as my proficient troubleshooting experience is mostly with Windows.

      Quote Originally Posted by cm0002 View Post
      does anyone know the administrative pass so i can run GParted?
      I just did:
      Code:
      sudo su
      to get root control.

    43. gatz85
      01-30-2011
      06:40 PM
      43

      Quote Originally Posted by BoredUltimatum View Post
      I tried to no avail. With school and such, I think I may just hold off a little longer hopefully for more dev ease tools to be made. For the record though, I created and formatted a partition as sda1 of ext3 format (I typed ext4 in but it did ext3 apparently). I had been running the script in terminal but after giving it sda1 it quit back to terminal without any output. I was going to try adding in echos to the script to figure out where it was cutting out but, since it's a live cd, I couldn't save to run it. I'm pretty sure it's exiting on umount though.

      My experience with Linux is primarily with Fedora. I may just try adding Ubuntu to my bootable portable HDD, copying over the PS3 stuff, then setting up the environment. If I'm going to get into development with this stuff, I really do need to know what all is going on anyways. Otherwise it would be difficult to troubleshoot if I ever need to. Plus I like having it all setup the way I like. As a suggestion you might try making this into a VM for VirtualBox or VMware Player (which is free opposed to VMware Workstation). I've got nothing against this disk but I'm just not big on the rigid livecd thing aside from quick hardware troubleshooting. I don't want to come off as hard or disappointed, it's just not my thing. Lastly, I think the graphics thing might partially be related to the disk as VirtualBox notes that the display setup is 24bit as opposed to 32bit. I don't see how that would cause problems though. I really don't know though as my proficient troubleshooting experience is mostly with Windows.



      I just did:
      Code:
      sudo su
      to get root control.
      Thought about make it to a vdi but the size would be too big for what i wanted. plus as a livecd you can take it any where.

      second you should be able to edit the script and the changes are held in memory as it is a livecd.

      think i might of found the problem
      Code:
      +	echo  "PLease make sure you have partioned to HDD"
      +	echo  "and formated to ext* files system"
      +	echo  "example entry: hda1 or sda1 .... and so forth"		
      +	read -p  "Enter the partition to be used for installation:"
      +	PAR="$REPLY"
      +	umount /dev/$PAR
      +	   if [ -d $MDIR ]; then
      +			mount /dev/$PAR $MDIR 
      +		else
      +			mkdir $MDIR
      +			mount /dev/$PAR $MDIR 
      +		fi
      -	PAR2=$(echo $PAR | sed 's/\(.*\)./\1/')
      +	
      -	for i in `cat /proc/mounts  &>/dev/null | cut -d' ' -f2`; do
      -	   if [ "x$MDIR" = "x$i" ]; then
      +			echo  "All set. Ready to go..."
      -			DNAME=test
      -			echo $PAR | grep $DNAME &>/dev/null
      +			perform_installation $MDIR $PAR $PAR2
      -		fi
      -	echo  "Failed To mount /dev/$PAR Check to make sure you got the right device"
      remove the lines stated above with - and it should work i think my check to make sure it is mounted it broke!! im really sorry for that i will update the first post to reflect that change. again sorry as im the only Dev on this project now, mistakes then to leek through a little more.
      thanks for the feedback and help!!!

    44. prodmaster100
      01-31-2011
      12:22 PM
      44

      If anyone needs a seedbox to help towards this or for their own personal use, PM me, I can get you set up with one for a really, really, really low price, 100% genuine, boxes range from 1mbit to 10mbit.

    45. BoredUltimatum
      01-31-2011
      11:10 PM
      45

      Quote Originally Posted by gatz85 View Post
      Thought about make it to a vdi but the size would be too big for what i wanted. plus as a livecd you can take it any where.

      second you should be able to edit the script and the changes are held in memory as it is a livecd.

      think i might of found the problem
      Code:
      +	echo  "PLease make sure you have partioned to HDD"
      +	echo  "and formated to ext* files system"
      +	echo  "example entry: hda1 or sda1 .... and so forth"		
      +	read -p  "Enter the partition to be used for installation:"
      +	PAR="$REPLY"
      +	umount /dev/$PAR
      +	   if [ -d $MDIR ]; then
      +			mount /dev/$PAR $MDIR 
      +		else
      +			mkdir $MDIR
      +			mount /dev/$PAR $MDIR 
      +		fi
      -	PAR2=$(echo $PAR | sed 's/\(.*\)./\1/')
      +	
      -	for i in `cat /proc/mounts  &>/dev/null | cut -d' ' -f2`; do
      -	   if [ "x$MDIR" = "x$i" ]; then
      +			echo  "All set. Ready to go..."
      -			DNAME=test
      -			echo $PAR | grep $DNAME &>/dev/null
      +			perform_installation $MDIR $PAR $PAR2
      -		fi
      -	echo  "Failed To mount /dev/$PAR Check to make sure you got the right device"
      remove the lines stated above with - and it should work i think my check to make sure it is mounted it broke!! im really sorry for that i will update the first post to reflect that change. again sorry as im the only Dev on this project now, mistakes then to leek through a little more.
      thanks for the feedback and help!!!
      Perhaps because I'm doing it in a VM (VirtualBox) it's not letting me, but when I try to save it says it's unable to open file to write. Glad I could be of any help though. I have already started on setting the environment up on my portable drive's Fedora 13 partition and got to the toolchain build. I want to familiarize myself with the setup so I know what's going on, especially for making troubleshooting and updating easier. Good luck with getting it working though. I applaud you for the work so far, looks quite promising.

    46. tzortzie
      02-01-2011
      12:10 PM
      46

      I'm assuming I'm the idiot, but I can't find anything in the download. Can't locate p3light, or the toolchain or anything else for that matter. I downloaded an example from p3light and tried compiling it but got an error PSL1GHT must be set in enviorment, What am I doing wrong?

    47. BoredUltimatum
      02-01-2011
      04:09 PM
      47

      Quote Originally Posted by tzortzie View Post
      I'm assuming I'm the idiot, but I can't find anything in the download. Can't locate p3light, or the toolchain or anything else for that matter. I downloaded an example from p3light and tried compiling it but got an error PSL1GHT must be set in enviorment, What am I doing wrong?
      I can't be of very much help as I hadn't tried compiling anything, but I can tell you the tools are in the ps3dev (or something like that) folder on the desktop.

    48. senas78
      02-06-2011
      01:06 PM
      48

      Quote Originally Posted by tzortzie View Post
      I'm assuming I'm the idiot, but I can't find anything in the download. Can't locate p3light, or the toolchain or anything else for that matter. I downloaded an example from p3light and tried compiling it but got an error PSL1GHT must be set in enviorment, What am I doing wrong?
      YouTube - PS3 Homebrew Development Getting Started Tutorial!