Updates follow on the bottom. Drizzt has released another method to bypass the PS3 3.55 FW update. These tools basically replace what Charles proxy and MaraDNS do, and is a bit easier than the previous posted methods.
fuckPsn 0.3 by <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* CA24.cer, dev_blind.pkg, fuckPsn.exe from http://gaia.psfree.net/fuckPsn/ and PS3DNS.exe, ARSoft.Tools.Net.dll from http://gaia.psfree.net/fuckPsn/PS3DNS/
* OpenPS3FTP v1.2 from http://www.multiupload.com/Z93APIOFJD
* Microsoft .NET 3.5
1. Install dev_blind.pkg and OpenPS3FTP on your PS3 (using FTP, external USB or what else)
2. Launch dev_blind and make it mount the flash
3. Open OpenPS3FTP and connect to it using a PC
4. Connect via FTP to PS3 (using username root and password openbox)
5. Go to /dev_blind/data/cert
6. Rename CA24.cer as CA24.cer.bak
7. Put my CA24.cer as /dev_blind/data/cert/CA24.cer
8. Set the PS3′s PRIMARY DNS server to your PC’s IP address
9. Set the PS3′s SECONDARY DNS server to your actual DNS server (e.g. router)
10. Reboot your PS3
11. Start PS3DNS.exe
12. Start fuckPsn.exe
13. Enjoy with PSN
Version 0.4 has been released, it mainly brings fixes many people were having of not being able to play on game servers.
Tutorial can be found above, its super self explanatory and straight forward. Here is a more detailed tutorial.
Video tutorial is now available:
v0.5 is now out. The newest update just brings support for ALL lower firmwares. Download HERE.