• Sony have released a new firmware, it doesn’t add any new feature, just beings improvements to PS3 related software, here is a quote from the source:

    Earlier tonight we released an optional system software update (v3.65) for PlayStation 3. This new firmware improves the operating stability of some PS3 format software, and changes the XMB item SaveData Utility (minis) to [SaveData Utility(minis/PSP)].

    Again, this update is optional, and can be downloaded by selecting System Update from the Setting column of the XMB.

    Source

    Tags: , ,

    Discuss in Forums (61)


  • 61 Comments

    1. KingKush
      06-07-2011
      12:22 AM
      1

      I guess noobs will be asking for cfw 3.65 now lmao...

    2. BobbyBlunt
      06-07-2011
      12:24 AM
      2

      Oh no help me!!!! I still see people asking for 3.56 MFW. This will just add to that madness. Thanks for the heads up. I doubt it will stay optional.

    3. bruiser brody
      06-07-2011
      12:40 AM
      3

      I wonder if this has to do with the overheating issues some were having with 3.61 and LA Noire?

    4. Lieblos
      06-07-2011
      12:48 AM
      4

      Is there a 3.65 CFW out yet? ( ¬‿¬)

    5. jordosaxman
      06-07-2011
      12:53 AM
      5

      This is no longer optional, in order to sign into PSN, you have to update.

    6. KingKush
      06-07-2011
      12:58 AM
      6

      it is oppositional to turn on your ps3 Sony says lol

    7. Lieblos
      06-07-2011
      12:58 AM
      7

      OMG THAT MEANS A CFW IS COMING RIGHT!?!?!?!? ( ¬‿¬)

    8. oceansoul
      06-07-2011
      01:08 AM
      8

      Soon will be 4.00

    9. BobbyBlunt
      06-07-2011
      01:29 AM
      9

      Originally Posted by Lieblos
      OMG THAT MEANS A CFW IS COMING RIGHT!?!?!?!? ( ¬‿¬)
      I know you are joking but please dont start the madness we will see tomorrow

    10. jordosaxman
      06-07-2011
      01:46 AM
      10

      I don't understand why they would call it optional and then say it is required. I have some questions regarding the legality of firmware/software updates. If they include something in an update and don't include it in some shape/form/fashion in the EULA/TOS, is it grounds for a lawsuit? This is more or less curiosity on my part, I just would like to know what all is in a PS3 update before I go through with it, and that got me thinking.

    11. XxNeWBoRNxX
      06-07-2011
      01:49 AM
      11

      well after reading up on the Update,i went and tryed one"ve my 3.61s,for an update and there it is 3.65...already runing 3.65ofw!!!

      ps:i would think its optional,cause you have a choice...meaning i can still do wut i wanna do without Updating to 3.65(play online/PSN) still playing Online on my other 3.61 without Updating!!

    12. jordosaxman
      06-07-2011
      02:21 AM
      12

      Well it didn't give me an option, kicked me out of PSN and when I tried to sign back in, it says a software update is required. Out of curiosity, do you have a fat or slim ps3, newborn?

    13. KingKush
      06-07-2011
      02:46 AM
      13

    14. XxNeWBoRNxX
      06-07-2011
      03:06 AM
      14

      Originally Posted by jordosaxman
      Well it didn't give me an option, kicked me out of PSN and when I tried to sign back in, it says a software update is required. Out of curiosity, do you have a fat or slim ps3, newborn?
      its a fat...they both are,ones runing 3.65 and im playing on the other online (Socom4) 3.61 fat

    15. systematic
      06-07-2011
      03:26 AM
      15

      did i sleep the 3.62, 63 & 64? and does it delete the extra games so we just get 2 from the welcome back?

    16. XxNeWBoRNxX
      06-07-2011
      03:31 AM
      16

      no it doesnt,and you can download all 5 games,i did,using other accounts!!!

      ps:did you not Update to 3.62 yet wow im on 3.65 now!!

    17. systematic
      06-07-2011
      03:32 AM
      17

      Originally Posted by XxNeWBoRNxX
      no it doesnt,and you can download all 5 games,i did,using other accounts!!!
      after updating?

    18. XxNeWBoRNxX
      06-07-2011
      03:34 AM
      18

      no i had my games before i Updated!!

    19. systematic
      06-07-2011
      03:37 AM
      19

      and they still work? for some reason i don't trust that it's "stability" issues or a sudden need to change how minis are saved

    20. KingKush
      06-07-2011
      03:41 AM
      20

      Trust Sony, That's like trusting your wife with a stripper while your out of town for the weekend...

    21. Wolfie708
      06-07-2011
      03:42 AM
      21

      Originally Posted by systematic
      and they still work? for some reason i don't trust that it's "stability" issues or a sudden need to change how minis are saved
      Relax. I'm pretty sure Sony said the welcome back package was per account not console. If I'm right then even Sony aren't silly enough to try and cheat on that .
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      Originally Posted by KingKush
      Trust Sony, That's like trusting your wife with a stripper while your out of town for the weekend...
      One of my gf's was a stripper (genuine)

    22. jordosaxman
      06-07-2011
      03:57 AM
      22

      systematic, if you're having trouble downloading any of those games, I'd advise waiting until the morning/afternoon to download them. Errors abound when trying to download them at night, b/c so many people are also trying to do the same.
      I have to agree with your skepticism of their motives behind this update, which is why I asked my previous question, something just doesn't seem right about this update, which is why I haven't updated yet.

    23. havok7
      06-07-2011
      04:01 AM
      23

      omg,omg,omg,new cfw is coming too,NOT!!! lol hahahah

    24. KingKush
      06-07-2011
      04:34 AM
      24

      Originally Posted by havok7
      omg,omg,omg,new cfw is coming too,NOT!!! lol hahahah
      You Know GeoHotz Working on it right now, We had a great time Hanging out!

    25. bruiser brody
      06-07-2011
      05:17 AM
      25

      Is this their way of stopping us from using the DNS trick??
      Just thinking out aloud.

    26. systematic
      06-07-2011
      05:34 AM
      26

      I just got on psn with no mention of an update

    27. Mistawes
      06-07-2011
      06:22 AM
      27

      Still says 3.61 on the playstation.com/ps3system website..

    28. systematic
      06-07-2011
      06:59 AM
      28

      you have to manually update, I just did

    29. CrystalWolf
      06-07-2011
      12:01 PM
      29

      Sony have released a new firmware, it doesn’t add any new feature, just brings improvements to PS3 related software, here is a quote from the source:

      [qu... [Read More]

    30. Annelies
      06-07-2011
      01:18 PM
      30

      At least it's optional.

    31. JU57FL1P
      06-07-2011
      01:19 PM
      31

      if it is optional, I'd like later versions to be like that too...

    32. scristopher
      06-07-2011
      01:22 PM
      32

      luv the pic<--is it related?

    33. doc81
      06-07-2011
      01:23 PM
      33

      OW MAN HOW MUCH FIRMWARES DOES THE PS3 HAVE TO HAVE!!!! SONYYYYYYY BELONY PHONY!!!
      EVEN THE PS3 IS GETTING TIERED OF UPDATES, JUST BE ON 1 UPDATE AT A YEAR, FYI XBOX 360 ROCKS ON THIS ONE.
      PHONY!!!!GRRRR PHONY, OOH YEAH I FORGOT TO MENTION "PHONYYYYYY"
      3.55 UP YOURS!!!

    34. CrystalWolf
      06-07-2011
      01:23 PM
      34

      Yea, it does. The PS3 is slowly getting eaten by the system software updates, not allowing homebrew to be made for the system

    35. 2die4
      06-07-2011
      01:26 PM
      35

      3.65 firmware they havent add anything they do take the piss but ohwell we have to for security of our account data

    36. metalheavy
      06-07-2011
      01:36 PM
      36

      Nice update. Dont add anything eh? I beg to differ. Sony has an extreme hidden agenda. Optional? Ha! Guarantee you the next one WONT be and it will contain this update in it. So they are trying to act like this "optional" **** is to please the masses when it doesn't matter. Hey Sony, take a cue ball and ram it up your colon!

    37. XxNeWBoRNxX
      06-07-2011
      01:38 PM
      37

      i did notice when i got up this morning,and played netFlix for the kids on the 3.65 after Updating last night,that the Menu for NetFlix Changed...and it is awful confusing now,my son doesnt understand the menu anymore lol,i guess its a good thing for now!!!

    38. systematic
      06-07-2011
      01:41 PM
      38

      It is kinda crazy that nes is still running almost 30 years later with no updates and todays consoles need updated left and right and only last a year or 2

    39. bigo93
      06-07-2011
      01:42 PM
      39

      lol now its an optional firmware update again :P
      Problems with firmware updates is that each update has a small chance of failing and then bricking your system. The more updates they release the more ps3 consoles can be bricked. People then have to either pay sony to repair it or buy a new one.

    40. vSaAmTp
      06-07-2011
      01:48 PM
      40

      And 3.65 have a new Key...

    41. Pockets69
      06-07-2011
      01:58 PM
      41

      OMG I accidentally updated to 3.65, can i haz the downgrade?!?

    42. metalheavy
      06-07-2011
      02:02 PM
      42

      Originally Posted by Pockets69
      OMG I accidentally updated to 3.65, can i haz the downgrade?!?
      Sure. I have one stashed in my room somewhere. I think it's called a skeleton key. From what I hear you can upgrade/downgrade/fiddle/fart with your ps3 after use. I get back with you ASAP on that.

      BTW: this is your mighty friend Mr. DemizE.

    43. XxNeWBoRNxX
      06-07-2011
      02:03 PM
      43

      Originally Posted by vSaAmTp
      And 3.65 have a new Key...
      i wouldnt know srry... hey off the topic,but i know you all have seen that video of them kids racing on a track,dam i hope to see my son on a track they got out here this year!!

    44. Pockets69
      06-07-2011
      02:20 PM
      44

      Originally Posted by metalheavy
      Sure. I have one stashed in my room somewhere. I think it's called a skeleton key. From what I hear you can upgrade/downgrade/fiddle/fart with your ps3 after use. I get back with you ASAP on that.

      BTW: this is your mighty friend Mr. DemizE.
      damn! i got to get back to the channel quick i have just formatted my pc so i am installing everything back...
      Nice to see you here DemizE

      Originally Posted by vSaAmTp
      And 3.65 have a new Key...
      and where have you seen that? a new key? the software update is signed and encrypted with so many different keys, that your statement makes no sense what so ever...

    45. lisapower
      06-07-2011
      02:28 PM
      45

      and right an houre ago i jailbreaked the PS3 from my cousine (CFW 3.55)

    46. mikhael
      06-07-2011
      02:34 PM
      46

      All the updates so far are "opticional"...unless you want to go online...

    47. DigitalP1R4t3
      06-07-2011
      02:34 PM
      47

      Originally Posted by bruiser brody
      Is this their way of stopping us from using the DNS trick??
      Just thinking out aloud.
      hasnt the dns like not worked for months?

    48. ibivibiv
      06-07-2011
      02:40 PM
      48

      Makes me wonder if the pace at which they are doing these firmware updates is just to keep changing out keys and security to make it harder for any "in flight" attempts to break a given firmware release level. If say every few months they do this and rotate the keys it makes it a very mobile moving target for someone to hit (assuming they even care about being at the most current firmware). Just a thought. If so, brilliant on their part. Simple but effective.

    49. mikhael
      06-07-2011
      03:28 PM
      49

      Originally Posted by ibivibiv
      Makes me wonder if the pace at which they are doing these firmware updates is just to keep changing out keys and security to make it harder for any "in flight" attempts to break a given firmware release level. If say every few months they do this and rotate the keys it makes it a very mobile moving target for someone to hit (assuming they even care about being at the most current firmware). Just a thought. If so, brilliant on their part. Simple but effective.
      You must keep in mind that the games are also coded...
      So it dont make much sence to "overKey" the PS3, because then the game companies will have to spend much more time in the develop of the game.
      And one thing that companies dont like...its wasting time, and wasting time is wasting money.

    50. ibivibiv
      06-07-2011
      03:30 PM
      50

      It's a build encryption. Not much to deal with there. Maybe a diff SDK release for the build for release? That would be such a MILD irritant to me and I don't even have to use it.

    51. PsPirate
      06-07-2011
      03:44 PM
      51

      Originally Posted by bigo93
      lol now its an optional firmware update again :P
      Problems with firmware updates is that each update has a small chance of failing and then bricking your system. The more updates they release the more ps3 consoles can be bricked. People then have to either pay sony to repair it or buy a new one.
      Happened to me last week. I updated to 3.61 just to get my free games, and the whole system locked up. I took it back to Best Buy because id bought their warranty, and luckily the manager took pity since id been there a few times for the same warranty. Got new console running 3.5 LOL

    52. systematic
      06-07-2011
      04:00 PM
      52

      edit... bad post....

    53. hellsing9
      06-07-2011
      04:07 PM
      53

      In Sony Terms an optional update it's a MUST have update. Why bothering asking you if you want to update when they can do it for you!!! :P

      I saw this tide of updates coming, And on some part of my Sony/Side im happy. Cause they are putting too much effort on security that they forgotten about the games.
      Yeah a gift if you login on PSN it's 2 free games! COOL! Now BAM! U are on 3.65.
      F%@$ This. Im not EVEN think on login for some months.

      Thanx for the info



      P.s: I wonder....Just wonder..How much time will be take to SCE to take a deep dive and never return to surface.

    54. Kujoy
      06-07-2011
      04:44 PM
      54

      You guys are all so lucky. I'm still stuck on 3.56 with a ****ed hard drive. Everytime a new firmware comes out I get all excited only to be disappointed.. AGAIN.. My PS3 has been sat with a nice new 320gb hard drive since Jan.

    55. DigitalP1R4t3
      06-07-2011
      05:12 PM
      55

      Originally Posted by systematic
      It is kinda crazy that nes is still running almost 30 years later with no updates and todays consoles need updated left and right and only last a year or 2
      Ever see an NES go online....
      thats why theres no updates.

    56. bevve
      06-07-2011
      05:32 PM
      56

      math maybe have 3.65 cfw. it wouldnt suprise me at all:P maybe we will never have a new cfw again! i got 3.55 cfw and im loving it but i want the new psn games like legend of mana, ff5 and parasite eve. thats why i want to go online. but it doesnt seem bright at all:/ but lets have hope! maybe math comes around and give a hint o break it for us but that i dont think :/

    57. DigitalP1R4t3
      06-07-2011
      05:42 PM
      57

      Originally Posted by Kujoy
      You guys are all so lucky. I'm still stuck on 3.56 with a ****ed hard drive. Everytime a new firmware comes out I get all excited only to be disappointed.. AGAIN.. My PS3 has been sat with a nice new 320gb hard drive since Jan.

      6 months? why dont you buy a new hdd then???

    58. republicano
      06-07-2011
      07:08 PM
      58

      one thing that i find interesting is that this update is optional?,is this the first time sony gave you a choice, assuming you can still go online with 3.61

    59. bruiser brody
      06-07-2011
      07:15 PM
      59

      Originally Posted by DigitalP1R4t3
      hasnt the dns like not worked for months?
      YEP I think the last time it worked was during the 3.60 update. Didnt work for 3.61 update because of the PSN being down so we never got to try it for that intial week.
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      Originally Posted by Kujoy
      You guys are all so lucky. I'm still stuck on 3.56 with a ****ed hard drive. Everytime a new firmware comes out I get all excited only to be disappointed.. AGAIN.. My PS3 has been sat with a nice new 320gb hard drive since Jan.
      Have you tried ringing Sony and speaking to someone in charge? I rang the service centre on 2 separate occasions and it cost my mates the shipping price to get their 3.56v1 consoles repaired.

      You just got to know how to throw a hissy fit and act important over the phone.

    60. KillerBug
      06-07-2011
      09:50 PM
      60

      Originally Posted by mikhael
      You must keep in mind that the games are also coded...
      So it dont make much sence to "overKey" the PS3, because then the game companies will have to spend much more time in the develop of the game.
      And one thing that companies dont like...its wasting time, and wasting time is wasting money.
      Remember...we are talking about Sony...when have they ever done anything that makes sense?

      Originally Posted by PsPirate
      Happened to me last week. I updated to 3.61 just to get my free games, and the whole system locked up. I took it back to Best Buy because id bought their warranty, and luckily the manager took pity since id been there a few times for the same warranty. Got new console running 3.5 LOL
      Good for you.

      Originally Posted by DigitalP1R4t3
      Ever see an NES go online....
      thats why theres no updates.
      The NES never got updates because it was simple and primitive, it is hard to forget about something in your calculations when you have so few pieces. Also, the NES had no DRM or copy protection, relying instead on how difficult and expensive it was to make clone cartridges.

    61. RaGeSwAg
      06-25-2011
      04:36 PM
      61

      thses update just keep on coming in thats why i like my xbox 1 a year if sony had good security on their systems they wouldn't have a problem they are all dumb ****s at sony that can suck it

      Attention

      let the swear filter do its job, bypassing it is a no no