Many of us in the PS3 hacking community may have just had their wishes fulfilled because just today the team behind Cobra-USB have released the long-awaited Cobra 3.0 Firmware Pack! This means only one thing! – Cobra-USB functionality on 3.55 machines. A quote from their official website:
Quote from Team Cobra:
The Cobra Team is proud to present the Cobra 3.0 firmware pack, available from downloads section. In this release we enabled the Cobra USB device on 3.55 via use of our own cfw. Enjoy the release and look forward to many new features to come in future releases. Please be sure to read the updated user manual for detailed instructions on upgrading and usage!
- Added compatibility with 3.55. Support for firmware 3.41 is discontinued, since now all updates will be for 3.55.
In 3.55, Cobra keeps all the features of previous versions, adds the ones listed below and also removes some of the annoyances of the jailbreak exploit.
Please, follow the steps in the manual, you must install first Cobra 3.55 cfw.
- Added a new discless mode for PS3 backups in jailbreak format. This mode will be activated automatically when you load a backup and there is no disc inserted.
In this mode, games are loaded from disc icon, not app_home, although app_home hack is still supported.
This mode has a higher compatibility than the app_home hack, and smaller than discless PS3 isos.
- Added support for PS2 backups in iso format to the remaining backwards compatible models (CECHA and CECHB).
- PS2 isos can now be played discless too.
- Fixed compatibility issue with GT5. If you still experience poroblems, please delete installed game data from XMB and try again.