Alright folks, PS3HaX member and Homebrew Dev Samson has released the final build of WinDOS for PS3. He has added many great things and a lot of needed finishing touches.
Below you can read his release thread:
- Now slimmed down to 100mb
- Added XMB menu music
- D-pad mapped to arrow keys , start=enter, select=backspace
new programs and games all launch-able from the start menu..
- another world
- hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
- ghouls and ghosts
- metal gear
- and lots more also a few wolf 3d mods
- Colecovision.. some launching problems , run as dos session
- Fmsx (msx) (windows and dos versions)
- x5200 (atari)
- pc64 (com64)
I’ve set up dos based emus to launch from a run.bat so end user can edit and add game to be run, if you have problems try running from explorer, run, run as dos session.
- ps3hax theme
- usb support(no hot plugging)
- a fake cd rom(folder) to copy file into (ps3 file manager or ftp)
- a windows based hex editor
so i think i am about done with it most 3d game lag.. but all 2d and simple 3d work. running slow-Pentium fixed@4000 BUT you can bump the cycles up as much as you want, but sound will suffer.
also i still cant get win32s to work on ps3 , works fine on pc .. go figure.
Thank you Samson for this great piece of homebrew, and thanks to everyone else’s work that help made this possible!!!
Source – Right here at PS3HaX, your fastest source for PS3 news!
WinDos Final 3.41
WinDos Final 3.55