Some time passed since the latest Showtime official release was made available, now andoma releases a new version with many fixes and improvements for the PS3. The following changelog shows only the things that can be viewed on ps3 the others were specific for Linux so were discarded, for the complete changelog visit: https://github.com/andoma/showtime/commits/master
Changelog (3.1.228 – 3.1.203):
- Having code with side effects inside assert()
- Remove unused define
- Drop stray printf
- Improve HTTP streaming slightly
- Fix rendering of empty lines in SRT files…
- Avoid scanning directories and probe files if media streaming FIFOs are ……
- Plug a memoryleak
- fixed_buffer_mem WIP
- ps3: Fix some picture order problems…
- ps3: Rework video decoding a bit, hopefully a bit better now
- Use halloc() for audio buffer
- ps3: Add support for multichannel audio
- Added dvb programme description below programme list.
- Add support for floating point audio in audio pipeline.…
- Implement our own pool allocator…
- Improve read-ahead cache a bit
Basically, this new release brings fixes for HTTP streaming operations (e.g.: previously was impossible to play videos from Megavideo, and maybe some others), multichannel audio support (supporting fully DTS 5.1 channels!), some fixes to improve memory allocation for better reprodution of videos on ps3.
If you find issues with facanferff’s plugins please go here: http://facanferff.co.cc to report them.