So DemonHades and jaicrab along with their group of developers have been working for quite a while on a 3.41 CFW, which implements the Cobra payload, it also allows for playing games directly from the XMB, without the need of a backup manager, this FW was only for PS3 consoles on firmware 3.41, but does this new post from the source, mean it will also work on firmware 3.55 or even firmware 3.56 ???
Here is a quote of the post in question, translation by PS3HaX member CaptainCPS-X(Thank you).
Before reading any further, if you’re looking for something related to FW 3.60 or PSN, don’t bother reading
Hello friends, as we said JFW DH was going to work only on FW 3.41, well now we bring JFW DH 3.56.
- At this moment, the new JFW DH can only be installed over FW 3.55 or over 3.56 by patching part of the update with a hardware flasher (I recommend teensy, is the cheapest and easier to handle).
What can be done with JFW DH 3.56…
- Launch homebrew
- Loading of backups without managers (multiMAN)
What can’t be done at this moment…
- Once on 3.56 you can’t downgrade, due to the new update system that we explained some time ago.
- The Grid cannot be used (for now).
- Downgrade is only possible with a flasher, but if you enter factory mode you will not be stuck anymore, you will be able to exit…we have not touched the QA yet, but it could be a way out .