• So DemonHades and jaicrab along with their group of developers have been working for quite a while on a 3.41 CFW, which implements the Cobra payload, it also allows for playing games directly from the XMB, without the need of a backup manager, this FW was only for PS3 consoles on firmware 3.41, but does this new post from the source, mean it will also work on firmware 3.55 or even firmware 3.56 ???

    Here is a quote of the post in question, translation by PS3HaX member CaptainCPS-X(Thank you).

    Before reading any further, if you’re looking for something related to FW 3.60 or PSN, don’t bother reading

    Hello friends, as we said JFW DH was going to work only on FW 3.41, well now we bring JFW DH 3.56.

    - At this moment, the new JFW DH can only be installed over FW 3.55 or over 3.56 by patching part of the update with a hardware flasher (I recommend teensy, is the cheapest and easier to handle).

    What can be done with JFW DH 3.56…

    - Launch homebrew
    - Loading of backups without managers (multiMAN)

    What can’t be done at this moment…

    - Once on 3.56 you can’t downgrade, due to the new update system that we explained some time ago.
    - The Grid cannot be used (for now).
    - Downgrade is only possible with a flasher, but if you enter factory mode you will not be stuck anymore, you will be able to exit…we have not touched the QA yet, but it could be a way out .

    Source

    http://www.demonhades.org/foro/porta…927d06d70726ed

    Tags: , , , , ,

    Discuss in Forums (47)


  • 47 Comments

    1. hackboiz29
      09-17-2011
      08:28 AM
      1

      beat me by 7 minutes lol nice job on the news

    2. havok7
      09-17-2011
      08:35 AM
      2

      Originally Posted by hackboiz29
      beat me by 7 minutes lol nice job on the news
      lol hahha we are not competing here news is a news

    3. Annelies
      09-17-2011
      08:36 AM
      3

      I wonder how they did that?

    4. daveyp187
      09-17-2011
      08:39 AM
      4

      looking like it's getting there

    5. CrystalWolf
      09-17-2011
      08:42 AM
      5

      Only one question why 3.56 ?, its a useless firmware.

    6. havok7
      09-17-2011
      08:45 AM
      6

      Originally Posted by CrystalWolf
      Only one question why 3.56 ?, its a useless firmware.
      i think they did it for those who are stuck on 3.56 OF to be able to install this and have backups and homebrew

    7. hackboiz29
      09-17-2011
      08:45 AM
      7

      Originally Posted by CrystalWolf
      Only one question why 3.56 ?, its a useless firmware.
      Probably because it's easier? I'm assuming 3.60+ has a lot more security on it and from what i've heard you cannot jailbreak 3.60+ with a CFW.

    8. Annelies
      09-17-2011
      08:51 AM
      8

      Originally Posted by CrystalWolf
      Only one question why 3.56 ?, its a useless firmware.
      3.56 is the easiest to hack from what I hear. All Sony did was patch the use of 3.55 keys in 3.56. They didn't add many security features as far as I know.

    9. VIRGIN KLM
      09-17-2011
      08:53 AM
      9

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      I wonder how they did that?
      I told some months ago that if somebody understands the sprx/prx'es he could do that and muuuch more than that. He could do cheat machines, anaglyph stereoscopic plugin, I could even imagine a chross-game chat that Sony ''cannot implement it because of RAM restrictions''... If PSP and DS can do it then I doubt that PS3 can't, just say with it's name that you are f***ing bored on your headquarters and the last thing that you care is the demand of your costumers. Also the jump to 3.55+ FWs is something that they were doomed to do, next time they say that they have zero plans or something, they should reconsider what they say...

    10. Uchiha_sensei
      09-17-2011
      09:34 AM
      10

      If I recall 3.56 did not have LV0, it was put on 3.60+, still nice to know 3.55 users will get JFW-DH

    11. CaptainCPS-X
      09-17-2011
      09:46 AM
      11

      Here you have my Spanish -> English translation (my original lang is spanish):

      JFW DH 341 have a new partner, JFW DH 356 MA

      Before reading any further, if you're looking for something related to FW 3.60 or PSN, don't bother reading

      Hello friends, as we said JFW DH was going to work only on FW 3.41, well now we bring JFW DH 3.56.

      - At this moment, the new JFW DH can only be installed over FW 3.55 or over 3.56 by patching part of the update with a hardware flasher (I recommend teensy, is the cheapest and easier to handle).

      What can be done with JFW DH 3.56...

      - Launch homebrew
      - Loading of backups without managers (multiMAN)

      What can't be done at this moment...

      - Once on 3.56 you can't downgrade, due to the new update system that we explained some time ago.
      - The Grid cannot be used (for now).
      - Downgrade is only possible with a flasher, but if you enter factory mode you will not be stuck anymore, you will be able to exit...we have not touched the QA yet, but it could be a way out .
      SeeYa!
      ^^

    12. sonk
      09-17-2011
      10:13 AM
      12

      The only thing that concerns me is the cant downgrade part. Dont really like backing myself into a corner as future items may require some type of downgrade? I dont know, but this sounds cool none the least.

    13. CrystalWolf
      09-17-2011
      10:16 AM
      13

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      3.56 is the easiest to hack from what I hear. All Sony did was patch the use of 3.55 keys in 3.56. They didn't add many security features as far as I know.
      Yea, but with all the new games coming out what use will a 3.56 custom firmware be. You get my point right.


      Originally Posted by hackboiz29
      Probably because it's easier? I'm assuming 3.60+ has a lot more security on it and from what i've heard you cannot jailbreak 3.60+ with a CFW.
      Yes, I'll admit its easier to jailbreak 3.56, might as well stick on 3.55 then, if its going to be basically the same thing minus being on a higher firmware that is.

    14. yigal33
      09-17-2011
      10:36 AM
      14

      what abuot 3.66 3.70 keys this is more inported anthoer cfw not give anyting!!!

    15. hackboiz29
      09-17-2011
      10:37 AM
      15

      Originally Posted by CrystalWolf
      Yes, I'll admit its easier to jailbreak 3.56, might as well stick on 3.55 then, if its going to be basically the same thing minus being on a higher firmware that is.
      True say, but this is probably aimed at people stuck on 3.56 who accidently updated.

    16. CrystalWolf
      09-17-2011
      10:40 AM
      16

      Originally Posted by hackboiz29
      True say, but this is probably aimed at people stuck on 3.56 who accidently updated.
      There is always, always the option of progskeet and the up coming e3 flasher to downgrade back to 3.55. If that's not your cup of tea then yea this would be the cheaper and easier alternative.

    17. lukethomasx
      09-17-2011
      10:56 AM
      17

      so based off of the translation am I to understand that its only for 3.41 and 3.56? I for one will stick with 3.41 if they both do all the same things, I'm no stranger to factory service mode downgrades

    18. moundown
      09-17-2011
      11:09 AM
      18

      Guys, it's 3.56, cause the 3.56 keys are available (don't remember who found em) .... No keys above 3.56 have been found!

    19. SuperDre
      09-17-2011
      11:15 AM
      19

      Based on the better translation I can presume this only works if you are using the hardwareflasher, which in itself is already too difficult for most people.. If you are already able to use a hardwareflasher, than the dualboot option released last week is much better I guess..

    20. Mackdanny
      09-17-2011
      11:28 AM
      20

      Correct me if I'm wrong but don't some games NEED 3.56???? Without patching anyway. Although the "boot from XMB" sounds intriguing. But yet still I support deank and I'll wait to see what he has

    21. klbarnes1
      09-17-2011
      12:41 PM
      21

      Well, about time, why they made this for 3.41 in the 1st place is ridiculous. I think most of us are on 3.55. Another thing I don't get is that I remember when the 1st set of keys came out a lot of people were saying that the ps3 is owned and we can do whatever we want to it and sony's update won't be able to stop us because we have the master key. Now we can't even get newer games to work. I guess the people that was saying that were completely wrong!

    22. iDelete
      09-17-2011
      01:26 PM
      22

      Originally Posted by havok7
      lol hahha we are not competing here news is a news
      I hate it when people do that. Not saying you do HackBoiz. Just saying as in many other sites people get into arguments because one posted a news article he was going to post...

    23. CaptainCPS-X
      09-17-2011
      01:31 PM
      23

      Originally Posted by klbarnes1
      Well, about time, why they made this for 3.41 in the 1st place is ridiculous. I think most of us are on 3.55. Another thing I don't get is that I remember when the 1st set of keys came out a lot of people were saying that the ps3 is owned and we can do whatever we want to it and sony's update won't be able to stop us because we have the master key. Now we can't even get newer games to work. I guess the people that was saying that were completely wrong!
      In my opinion, what every dev does for the scene its not ridiculous, the fact that it may not be useful to "you" doesn't mean its ridiculous. Again, as I have said many times, Developers are not obligated to do anything, they do what they do for free (when possible) and because they have a passion, they are not slaves.

      When fail0verflow said what they said about breaking most of the PS3 security they were right, the only thing Sony has done is complicate things to gain more time. But in my personal view, it is inevitable, newer FW will be cracked at some moment, many have pointed out the fact that to achieve it is not easy and require specific reverse engineering knowledge and hardware tools, and of course time and patience.

      Anyway, if your PS3 can't play newer games without updating your FW, its not because the PS3 Scene, it is because Sony made it that way, they are the responsible for that.

      SeeYa!
      ^^

    24. Mistawes
      09-17-2011
      01:41 PM
      24

      Just thinking about the "no downgrade after installing" part.. Surely if we QA flag before upgrading to it, we can use QA method to downgrade since it works on 3.56 if it's already set from 3.55.

    25. TheVoid
      09-17-2011
      02:04 PM
      25

      it says you need a hardware flasher to install it on 3.56?
      or i am wrong?

    26. CaptainCPS-X
      09-17-2011
      02:13 PM
      26

      Originally Posted by TheVoid
      it says you need a hardware flasher to install it on 3.56?
      or i am wrong?
      Yeah they are recommending to use Teensy, but we have to stay tuned for more information since they are not giving specific details on the process, Ive read that they will release JFW DH on October 1st, probably they will release a complete tutorial by that time.

      SeeYa!
      ^^

    27. El Massman
      09-17-2011
      02:15 PM
      27

      So this includes the cobra payload too? Don't ever remember reading if it was confirmed that jfw-dh would include the ability to enable the software ps2 emulator? And is this likely to include what appeared to be a rom browser that was posted in a video of jfw-dh a little while back?

    28. hackboiz29
      09-17-2011
      02:24 PM
      28

      Originally Posted by iDelete
      I hate it when people do that. Not saying you do HackBoiz. Just saying as in many other sites people get into arguments because one posted a news article he was going to post...
      I really don't care who brings the news lol i merely just made a comment and believe me i would never argue with someone for bringing news before me.

    29. TDMaster
      09-17-2011
      02:34 PM
      29

      Gr8 job developers i know a lot of ppl that got 3.56 that would like to have CFW..
      i think they mean that if u want to install it over 3.56 u need to flash it hardware style and not the 3.55
      lets hope its like that.

    30. havok7
      09-17-2011
      02:57 PM
      30

      Originally Posted by hackboiz29
      I really don't care who brings the news lol i merely just made a comment and believe me i would never argue with someone for bringing news before me.
      this^^ as i said news is news, if it was posted twice so what,hones mistake the mods can Physically remove one of the posts, it does not matter.

    31. Annelies
      09-17-2011
      02:59 PM
      31

      How does one physically remove a digital presentation?

    32. GregoryRasputin
      09-17-2011
      03:01 PM
      32

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      How does one physically remove a digital presentation?
      >.< don't be anal, he means physically remove it from the forum, which can be done with a hard delete.

    33. ukcheese
      09-17-2011
      03:02 PM
      33

      dev's are stuck in the past never will there be jb with out geohotz ..and hes not doing one to soon loool... flash an xbox 360 play all the new games i did

    34. havok7
      09-17-2011
      03:03 PM
      34

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      How does one physically remove a digital presentation?
      normal mods cant do that only admins and supermods ,i mean you dont have that edit option as mod

    35. iDelete
      09-17-2011
      03:08 PM
      35

      Originally Posted by hackboiz29
      I really don't care who brings the news lol i merely just made a comment and believe me i would never argue with someone for bringing news before me.
      Not saying you did. You didn't. The other user just brought up that comment and made me remember what happened to previous sites I was once a member in.

    36. GregoryRasputin
      09-17-2011
      03:10 PM
      36

      Right can we get of the subject about who, does and dosnt post news, stay on topic please.

    37. iDelete
      09-17-2011
      03:12 PM
      37

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      get of
      You forgot an F there.

    38. vxand
      09-17-2011
      03:46 PM
      38

      Originally Posted by CaptainCPS-X
      In my opinion, what every dev does for the scene its not ridiculous, the fact that it may not be useful to "you" doesn't mean its ridiculous. Again, as I have said many times, Developers are not obligated to do anything, they do what they do for free (when possible) and because they have a passion, they are not slaves.

      When fail0verflow said what they said about breaking most of the PS3 security they were right, the only thing Sony has done is complicate things to gain more time. But in my personal view, it is inevitable, newer FW will be cracked at some moment, many have pointed out the fact that to achieve it is not easy and require specific reverse engineering knowledge and hardware tools, and of course time and patience.

      Anyway, if your PS3 can't play newer games without updating your FW, its not because the PS3 Scene, it is because Sony made it that way, they are the responsible for that.

      SeeYa!
      ^^

      You are right my friend. No one is obligated to do anything and we need to congratulate the ones who are trying.
      Thants to the developers for not forget the stucked ones.

    39. Rax909
      09-17-2011
      04:00 PM
      39

      Sounds more like a bad thing then a good thing. o.o; Since it gets you stuck on that firmware unless you know what your doing to be able to downgrade. Being "forced" to spend money on a flasher? lol...

    40. lythong266
      09-17-2011
      04:00 PM
      40

      I really like it if it can play backup ps1 and ps2 like Cobra, but it is free

    41. dustluv
      09-17-2011
      04:14 PM
      41

      So you'll still need to solder if your on 3.56?

    42. DarkGhost_PT
      09-17-2011
      06:35 PM
      42

      If it'll implement Cobra's payload does it means will be possible to play PS3 game ISOs which means way faster backup transferrings and less fragmentation as well as it will be possible to play >4GB games from an external disk? Or has it something to do with Cobra's Backup Manager itself aswell?

    43. CaptainCPS-X
      09-17-2011
      08:15 PM
      43

      Originally Posted by DarkGhost_PT
      If it'll implement Cobra's payload does it means will be possible to play PS3 game ISOs which means way faster backup transferrings and less fragmentation as well as it will be possible to play >4GB games from an external disk? Or has it something to do with Cobra's Backup Manager itself aswell?
      If Cobra is implemented 100% then you can expect support of games with files bigger than 4GB, this of course using the method of split ISOs on external FAT32 partitions, nobody has done a NTFS driver that support read & write, just reading.

      So until someone implement the ability of both reading & writing to the current NTFS driver, we will have keep depending on FAT32 and Split files.

      Only expect the previous feature "if" Cobra is completely implemented in JFW DH. The best we can do is wait and see what it will bring when it gets released .

      SeeYa!
      ^^

    44. garrettcorn
      09-17-2011
      11:01 PM
      44

      ^^^^ that would be very nice if it was included *fingers crossed*

    45. cloneking666
      09-20-2011
      06:19 PM
      45

      is JFW still coming out in october. or did it get pushed back.

    46. hackboiz29
      09-20-2011
      08:13 PM
      46

      Originally Posted by cloneking666
      is JFW still coming out in october. or did it get pushed back.
      It got delayed due to drama between people.

    47. deank
      09-22-2011
      12:05 PM
      47

      What can be done with JFW DH 3.56…

      ....
      ....
      ....
      ....