• Backup Managers, PS3 Hacks , 11.10.2011

    A few weeks ago we told you Team Duplex had managed to unlock a handful of PSN games for CFW. They now did it again releasing 3 more new PSN games to the list.

    Explodemon (Explodemon.PSN.PS3-DUPLEX)




    Hard Corps Uprising (Hard.Corps.Uprising.PSN.PS3-DUPLEX)


    Stacking (Stacking.PSN.PS3-DUPLEX)




    No linking to any of these download files.

    Tags: , , ,

    Discuss in Forums (66)


  • 66 Comments

    1. jonnyjaeger
      10-11-2011
      08:26 AM
      1

      I seriously believe this is the group who eventually will unlock 3.60+ games. Thanks Duplex and keep it up!

    2. GregoryRasputin
      10-11-2011
      08:36 AM
      2

      Originally Posted by jonnyjaeger
      I seriously believe this is the group who eventually will unlock 3.60+ games. Thanks Duplex and keep it up!

      Duplex didn't do anything spectacular, they used a method that was known since January, a method someone else came upon, but because that person is against piracy, didn't do anything with it, but it has been documented since then.

      [MENTION=131344]euss[/MENTION] could give you more information on it, he is the PS3 information gatekeeper

    3. bearmon2010
      10-11-2011
      08:52 AM
      3

      Good job! I am congratulating Duplex for their hardworking. I can't wait for 3.60+ games to be unlock in the near future. Cheers.

    4. GregoryRasputin
      10-11-2011
      08:53 AM
      4

      Originally Posted by bearmon2010
      Good job! I am congratulating Duplex for their hardworking. I can't wait for 3.60+ games to be unlock in the near future. Cheers.

      *utilising someone else's hard work

    5. Jayhood
      10-11-2011
      08:54 AM
      5

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      Duplex didn't do anything spectacular, they used a method that was known since January, a method someone else came upon, but because that person is against piracy, didn't do anything with it, but it has been documented since then.

      [MENTION=131344]euss[/MENTION] could give you more information on it, he is the PS3 information gatekeeper
      really? can u show me how to do that or send me a link to that news?

    6. GregoryRasputin
      10-11-2011
      08:56 AM
      6

      Originally Posted by Jayhood
      really? can u show me how to do that or send me a link to that news?

      Whenever [MENTION=131344]euss[/MENTION] isnt busy, he can explain it more to you, but from what i have gathered, this method has been in the wild since around January, its just no one did anything or cared to do anything with it.

    7. SeanP2500
      10-11-2011
      09:21 AM
      7

      hmmm didn't know that i take it not as simple as extracting package and resigning? Why flower still no work as complete pkg then?

    8. Chris9191
      10-11-2011
      09:26 AM
      8

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      Duplex didn't do anything spectacular, they used a method that was known since January, a method someone else came upon, but because that person is against piracy, didn't do anything with it, but it has been documented since then.

      [MENTION=131344]euss[/MENTION] could give you more information on it, he is the PS3 information gatekeeper
      if its been known since january then why has it not been done?

      your always negative on things acheived by others.

      dont ban me

    9. SeanP2500
      10-11-2011
      09:29 AM
      9

      uh cause it would encourage piracy i am pretty sure...basically sounds to me like there is some sort of app that can do this and duplex realized this and actually started to make scene releases...since psn was problematic at first alot of sceners probably just gave up on it and never knew...

    10. Buggerlugz
      10-11-2011
      09:30 AM
      10

      yeah, i'd love to see flower too!

    11. Jayhood
      10-11-2011
      09:37 AM
      11

      id love to see ps classics, outland, flower, that lara croft game and pixeljunk shooter... hehe :D but still great job from them cant wait for the next release :D

    12. GregoryRasputin
      10-11-2011
      09:38 AM
      12

      Originally Posted by Chris9191
      if its been known since january then why has it not been done?

      your always negative on things acheived by others.

      dont ban me
      lol your the negative one, always b*tching about my posts, in fact that is the only reason you come here, is to moan and cry about what i say, when i say something 90% of the time im right, so how is me saying that Duplex used other peoples work negative ?

      I would take on board what you say, but your credibility in even making comments is moot, because you are associated with a site famed for stealing games and that site is associated with the retarded PS360 team, a team that thinks if you have three PS3's lying around, that you are a dev

    13. KillerBug
      10-11-2011
      09:40 AM
      13

      Originally Posted by SeanP2500
      uh cause it would encourage piracy i am pretty sure...basically sounds to me like there is some sort of app that can do this and duplex realized this and actually started to make scene releases...since psn was problematic at first alot of sceners probably just gave up on it and never knew...
      It would be nice if there was an app so we could re-enable our existing PSN games without waiting for them to be released one at a time.

      As for the piracy...I am 100% certain this will cause piracy, and I don't even care anymore. If I can't play my PURCHASED games on my CFW system because of DRM, then let that same DRM be the reason games get pirated!!!

    14. H3avyRa1n
      10-11-2011
      09:55 AM
      14

      Originally Posted by KillerBug
      It would be nice if there was an app so we could re-enable our existing PSN games without waiting for them to be released one at a time.

      As for the piracy...I am 100% certain this will cause piracy, and I don't even care anymore. If I can't play my PURCHASED games on my CFW system because of DRM, then let that same DRM be the reason games get pirated!!!
      right on! you've have said everything that really matters regarding this subject.

    15. GregoryRasputin
      10-11-2011
      09:59 AM
      15

      Originally Posted by bubba
      The Reason for them Not releasing them (ps classics, outland, flower, that lara croft game and pixeljunk shooter) Bc Team DUPLEX Dont have ever game..Bc They still have to Buy them all for them to Release them.. If you got games are not out in the web.. Go talk to Team Duplex then they can work with you...

      I would go talk to them, but all my PSN games are locked to my Jailbroken PS3, Flower, Burnout, and so so many more.

    16. H3avyRa1n
      10-11-2011
      10:01 AM
      16

      For what it's worth, where's some info from team DUPLEX recent releases:

      Btw, the recently leaked SDK's have not helped on decrypting and there
      were no 'hidden keys' of any sort in those SDK's. We challenged NPDRM
      in June already (Duke Nukem 3.41 Patch).

    17. Benzonia
      10-11-2011
      10:20 AM
      17

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      *utilising someone else's hard work
      Yeah come on, this comment definitely trivializes DUPLEX's efforts. I understand that DUPLEX did not develop the method, but they still carried it out. Give credit where credit is due. They may not be the geniuses that originated the breakthrough, but they at least brought the breakthrough to the end users.

      If someone gives you all the blueprints to build a house, it still takes some work to build the damn house. I may not be the brilliant architect who designed all the plans, but if I built that house I'd still want some acknowledgement that I put a lot of time and effort into putting up those walls. Don't trivialize the worker just because they didn't invent the process.

    18. GregoryRasputin
      10-11-2011
      10:24 AM
      18

      Originally Posted by Benzonia
      Yeah come on, this comment definitely trivializes DUPLEX's efforts. I understand that DUPLEX did not develop the method, but they still carried it out. Give credit where credit is due. They may not be the geniuses that originated the breakthrough, but they at least brought the breakthrough to the end users.

      I did not say they did not do well, if i thought their work was junk, i would have said so, no one else had the brains to do what they did, so i respect them for showing some initiative.

    19. gambaownsu
      10-11-2011
      11:04 AM
      19

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      I did not say they did not do well, if i thought their work was junk, i would have said so, no one else had the brains to do what they did, so i respect them for showing some initiative.
      At least, you recognized some warez group's effort. (Never thought I'd see that from you, so props).

      Also, an apology from what I have said in the past regarding what I think of you. My nerves went a bit loose and said bad things on which I shoudn't have (even If I disagree with A LOT of what you think but we are all one regardless anyone's moral belief)

      On a serious note, if pirates are the one leading this scene then I'd say this is really wrong and bad. I'd urge anyone with any dev skills to look into the latest firmware (3.72) and try to look what Sony has implemented in it because it seems that PS2 PSN games works on SLIM. They seem have added some ''emulation'' or god knows what in order to make it work. I'd say this is really something big for us and a need of a NEW CFW is really needed.

      It really seems devs (if we have any left) have completely lost faith on this scene. Sony has successfully killed the scene spirit. At least they did something 'right' against us.

    20. Vi7AL
      10-11-2011
      11:14 AM
      20

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      lol your the negative one, always b*tching about my posts, in fact that is the only reason you come here, is to moan and cry about what i say, when i say something 90% of the time im right, so how is me saying that Duplex used other peoples work negative ?

      I would take on board what you say, but your credibility in even making comments is moot, because you are associated with a site famed for stealing games and that site is associated with the retarded PS360 team, a team that thinks if you have three PS3's lying around, that you are a dev
      There is a topic to this thread... funny how the enforcers enforce that, but are quick to stray off topic -and even be disrespectful to others just interested in the TOPIC AT HAND!

      *BACK ON TOPIC NOW*

      Its cool duplex is doing something with the tools (if its true it was released in January), I know there are games people HAVE BOUGHT and can no longer play (cant sign for verification), and because of what they are doing- they can now have the game they paid for on the firmware they want.

      Is the NPDRM stuff what resulted in these games being "unlocked"?

    21. GregoryRasputin
      10-11-2011
      11:26 AM
      21

      Originally Posted by Vi7AL
      There is a topic to this thread... funny how the enforcers enforce that, but are quick to stray off topic -and even be disrespectful to others just interested in the TOPIC AT HAND!
      Perhaps one needs to learn how to read and see that i did not stray off topic and my post was a mere response to a post regarding this thread.

    22. mosstopher
      10-11-2011
      11:30 AM
      22

      How come no other groups are releasing stuff related to this if it's been around for so long? I mean, for example, if a way of playing 3.7+ games came out tomorrow I'm 100% sure there would be more than one CFW/method come out in the future which uses that process.

      Is it due to a lack of devs actually working on the scene or down to piracy, or is it simply that other devs don't see PSN games as the main focus of their talents?

    23. GregoryRasputin
      10-11-2011
      11:34 AM
      23

      Originally Posted by gambaownsu
      At least, you recognized some warez group's effort. (Never thought I'd see that from you, so props).
      I may take an anti piracy stance, but i never take an anti progress stance, many, many people have lost the ability to play their legally bought and payed for PSN games, games that they will NEVER be able to get back the legal honest way, because Sony wont let them.

      Now whilst this will lead to many people grabbing the games that never payed for them, the people that did pay, will be able to get back what they lost.

      Originally Posted by gambaownsu
      Also, an apology from what I have said in the past regarding what I think of you. My nerves went a bit loose and said bad things on which I shoudn't have (even If I disagree with A LOT of what you think but we are all one regardless anyone's moral belief)
      I rarely takes things personally or let them bother me, i myself can be an ass at times, you are freely entitled to your opinion and to disagree with me, if everyone agreed about everything, life would be extremely peaceful but boring.

      Originally Posted by gambaownsu
      Sony has successfully killed the scene spirit. At least they did something 'right' against us.
      Sony killed the scene before it really got started and GeoHot sealed the death, now the scene crawls along like a zombie, but a scene i enjoy non the less

    24. Vi7AL
      10-11-2011
      11:41 AM
      24

      It doesnt seem like duplex is releasing any NEW games, so maybe it is an OLD way of doing things. Yeah and I second they need to release an app to do this, so we can take the games we own and run them through it to clean them from psn.

    25. bearmon2010
      10-11-2011
      12:04 PM
      25

      Originally Posted by Chris9191
      dont ban me
      Hahaha.. Good one. I like this icon.
      Wait, don't hit me.

    26. LEECHER
      10-11-2011
      12:05 PM
      26

      I would like to know more about this method. Should it be possible to implement PSX PBP files this way?

    27. ZOMBIEKILLAH
      10-11-2011
      12:07 PM
      27

      You guys need to do some research .I found that this has been done since b4 October 2010 ! I know were they are & there is over 100+ games

    28. lunuxx
      10-11-2011
      12:08 PM
      28

      [MENTION=7773]GregoryRasputin[/MENTION] told ya so :P

    29. ZOMBIEKILLAH
      10-11-2011
      12:10 PM
      29

      The real challenge would be Black ops & other Zombie maps
      I dream of that day ,to play normal + mod & play on new zombie maps on my CFW 355..
      + Play multiplayer against Ai bots ,on new maps with my 355..
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      By the way the ones that were done almost 1 year ago need no crack pkg !
      Just 1 pkg & that is all. I think the duplex release has a patched eboot & .dat file in there crack pkg.. I have not extracted them ,but this definitely disables the key/activation checks !
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      The other great part is they have included the elf files so they can be edited to mod !
      + re encrypted with 355 keys. I did not try yet but i believe it can be done with PS3foX2.5 I have done eboot.bin to elf to edit to re encrypt eboot.bin with Black ops ..
      So the elf files should be able to do this also , possibly

    30. underball
      10-11-2011
      12:19 PM
      30

      Originally Posted by ZOMBIEKILLAH
      You guys need to do some research .I found that this has been done since b4 October 2010 ! I know were they are & there is over 100+ games
      You've been posting this in every thread for a few days.

      PM me a link.

    31. Warning
      10-11-2011
      12:20 PM
      31

      Originally Posted by mosstopher
      Is it due to a lack of devs actually working on the scene or down to piracy, or is it simply that other devs don't see PSN games as the main focus of their talents?
      Is it due to a lack of devs actually working on the scene.
      We have lots of great homebrew devs, but we are lacking in devs with the knowledge and education to work on the high levels of ps3 security. Also the devs we do have need competition. Winning a race is more important when you have great competitors.

    32. ZOMBIEKILLAH
      10-11-2011
      12:27 PM
      32

      Originally Posted by underball
      You've been posting this in every thread for a few days.

      PM me a link.
      lol, give me a few min & i will help you
      I am eating ..

    33. itskamel
      10-11-2011
      12:28 PM
      33

      Originally Posted by Warning
      Is it due to a lack of devs actually working on the scene.
      We have lots of great homebrew devs, but we are lacking in devs with the knowledge and education to work on the high levels of ps3 security. Also the devs we do have need competition. Winning a race is more important when you have great competitors.
      well for one DUPLEX is a scene group. If they can crack it and people will pirate it then they will do it. The devs in the ps3 scene are not focused on that.

    34. mdgame360
      10-11-2011
      12:58 PM
      34

      Good job guy

    35. denero1
      10-11-2011
      12:59 PM
      35

      all the big figureheads got chased away :\ all that remains now is us posters

    36. patito
      10-11-2011
      01:09 PM
      36

      linkme too please

    37. itskamel
      10-11-2011
      01:10 PM
      37

      Originally Posted by patito
      linkme too please
      this website will not provide link to warez.

    38. EmBoLa.be
      10-11-2011
      01:18 PM
      38

      Originally Posted by patito
      linkme too please
      your first post and you ask pirate links, GREAT "sarcasm"

    39. gambaownsu
      10-11-2011
      01:28 PM
      39

      Public developers are refusing to help the scene under the umbrella of :

      - I'm scared of Sony / dont want to be sued

      - Piracy

      - PS3 scene should find their own exploits - not have everything on a silver plate.

      Ironically, this leads to more people going back to OFW which is not helping the cause.

      That's basically why we are not advancing and we will not unless devs break one of those points.

      At least that's what the public 'devs' are claiming. Let's hope there's still private, unknown, anonymous highly talented devs out there working in the shadow.

      Especially with new games coming out this month and in november - I'm sure a lot of people will jump into OFW wagon and will leave this scene. Hopefully, somebody will do something before it happens but I think its highly unlikely.

      3.72 has a new feature - the ps2 new 'emulation' integrated running and playing PS2 games on SLIM consoles/Phat. This is really something devs should look into. OFW is starting to look better and has better feature than (almost) CFW. We should always be ahead of them thus why Sony making look their OFW better so CFW users jump into their wagon.

    40. Octopus
      10-11-2011
      01:40 PM
      40

      How we can find a DUPLEX team? They from bcg?

    41. DSwizzy145
      10-11-2011
      02:03 PM
      41

      Thank You! xD lol finally someones getting it!

    42. ZOMBIEKILLAH
      10-11-2011
      02:05 PM
      42

      I really don't know why the scene is scared anymore.
      dont worry about the Credit we know who you are by now .
      Release ANON please keep it alive ! It seemed like it was a big problem when there was PSN access but now without us accessing PSN . PHONY The SUE happy losers = Seems to go & F there selves now. Since we are not on there beloved PSN.

      They cant say we are affecting there network anymore ! I hope the devs will not let the scene die i love this scene & i would hate to see it stand still. After i started to use CFW my being depressed about things in life = PRESONAL Health problem -> Has made me happy to come here & have fun

      I hope the devs keep there passion for the scene alive ,cause we all luv them for what they have done = NO GAY ! And i know even though there are haters they / I / we are all grateful for everything we have so far from all the DEVS They have been working hard to share knowledge to evolve & i would hate to see them stop .This is a community = PS3 owners who run CFW/MFW need to stick together & help each other out no matter what ! Without progress what will there be ??

      I dont care if DUPLEX has Cracked or any others done this. Only thing i know is i paid for 300+ Downloads from SONY ! Now they have blocked all of us paying customers & i will say this . ( IT FEELS GOOD TO SEE MY GAMES ) ON MY PS3 I BOUGHT .When i done see what i paid for i get a UPSET & WISH HARM ON SONY !! = We are legally allowed to own & have 5 PS3s with all are game on it ! Guess what WE CAN NOW ! XboX been doing this 4 ever =Why do we have to be left out ? We spent real MONEY +Most XboX users have not bought crap ! they have been unlocking these DLc for ever now.

      We deserve what we bought ,not to be blocked cause we choose to stay on a certain firmware. So i thank DUPLEX A MILLION XXX For doing this+sharing for us & letting us know they are here & not going nowhere .DUPLEX is helping to keep things rolling we luv you guys !

      Thank you to all the Devs who still give a FK about the PS3 scene !
      If i could do what you know i would share my A$$ of with everyone.
      I like to MOD & i share with those who like it ,i would share much more if i was not 38 already,lol I am the type of person who likes to see everyone happy & guess what we don't live 4 ever ,so why hold anything back. I am 38 & i will miss this PS3 scene one day. I am already feeling like i am missing it cause of my age .But i will play & be here till the day i cant hold a controller & DIE !

      To all who help -> Members/Mods/DEVs/ETC I give many thanks to all of you. I luv this scene & when lying in my death bed. I will think back & remember i was a part of the scene. To some it is just a game system but me .

      I was born with a Game controller in my hand. I will miss the $ H I T out of this.
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************

      Originally Posted by gambaownsu
      3.72 has a new feature - the ps2 new 'emulation' integrated running and playing PS2 games on SLIM consoles/Phat. This is really something devs should look into.
      I am sure 372 can possibly be unpacked & easily with a DEV of knowledge like DEANK or Rogero+ others can find the .self like psx ,to execute it

      By the way i do have i believe the PS2 data installed on 1 of my PS3 & if i can find were it is located i can copy it to a USB & somebody can look at it .
      This was the PS2 data software to run PS2 games i downloaded from PS store.
      It gives you the option to format the PS3 i believe to run only PS2 games or PS3 games .This can be usefull .By the SONY is just doing this to get suckers to come back to PSn & i will never update sorry ! I have 3 PS2s so it is no big deal ! The thing that is weird i see the PS2 emu on my PS3 when i was exploring my hard drive folders .Now i am going to try & find that & copy to my pc to see what it is.. I believe it is there for running the PS2 games..

    43. aries2k
      10-11-2011
      02:54 PM
      43

      Originally Posted by ZOMBIEKILLAH
      You guys need to do some research .I found that this has been done since b4 October 2010 ! I know were they are & there is over 100+ games
      Sorry but your wrong about this.
      Yes, I know the site your talking about but those games were done in a different way. I believe it�s with a debug package.
      Duplex releases are different because they decrypted the DRM eboot(using info and tools that has been provided by others.)

    44. LEECHER
      10-11-2011
      03:20 PM
      44

      [MENTION=3159]aries2k[/MENTION] Where can we find that info?

    45. lukethomasx
      10-11-2011
      03:32 PM
      45

      that awkward moment when you get excited to read the first news post in 3 days and it ends up being piracy related

    46. Octopus
      10-11-2011
      03:34 PM
      46

      Originally Posted by bubba
      They are not on any sites..sorry .. they are SCENE ..
      I think you don't know what you talking about.
      Originally Posted by LEECHER
      [MENTION=3159]aries2k[/MENTION] Where can we find that info?
      It's easy, just read what people say.

    47. LEECHER
      10-11-2011
      03:43 PM
      47

      What's so stupid in most of these threads is that no real technical info is ever discussed. Only BS get's discussed. It's more like social stuff that is talked about rather than technical stuff. Can't you guys start a thread linking to some intresting info, or adding some PPT presentation with explanations or stuff. I suppose that would help the scene much more than all this talk about nothing.

    48. ZOMBIEKILLAH
      10-11-2011
      03:44 PM
      48

      Originally Posted by aries2k
      Sorry but your wrong about this.
      Yes, I know the site your talking about but those games were done in a different way. I believe it�s with a debug package.
      Duplex releases are different because they decrypted the DRM eboot(using info and tools that has been provided by others.)
      Yes they were all done differently. I know this first hand cause lets just say i have read the info for all of them & maybe have a large amount of these + others ,not saying any more ..The key checks were edited out for the others in the past. There is no act.dat for any of these games when installed.
      This means the activation checks have been edited/decryption to edit.

      Similar to cracked games & software checks on PC .. The dat files contain checks. They are not all debugs. Some debugs have dev cheats enabled & i know this first hand cause i have a debug version of StarDust HD from DUPLEX & it have debug settings & you can see the key checks & unlock or lock levels & more !

    49. lukethomasx
      10-11-2011
      04:00 PM
      49

      [MENTION=163760]ZOMBIEKILLAH[/MENTION] any chance you would pm an invitation to me?

    50. itskamel
      10-11-2011
      04:05 PM
      50

      Originally Posted by LEECHER
      What's so stupid in most of these threads is that no real technical info is ever discussed. Only BS get's discussed. It's more like social stuff that is talked about rather than technical stuff. Can't you guys start a thread linking to some intresting info, or adding some PPT presentation with explanations or stuff. I suppose that would help the scene much more than all this talk about nothing.
      because all this info that your suggesting we link to could get this awesome site in trouble. besides all these releases can be found with a quick google search on your part.

    51. mikhael
      10-11-2011
      04:41 PM
      51

      Men...this shouldnt be in "News", it sould be in "drama"...

      This is just an news update, Hax forum already said where they stand on this issue.

    52. jp_cfc09
      10-11-2011
      04:52 PM
      52

      sweet more games to play!!

    53. ZOMBIEKILLAH
      10-11-2011
      05:32 PM
      53

      I believe the method should be kept to duplex & not released. Reason is simple just like a CFW is FONY were to see how this method/can be done = Patch ..Now we don't want this in the open do we ? I sure don't ,i would like to get my zombie maps 1 day .. lets leave this to the guys who are being generous enough to let us have a piece of the pie Don't get me wrong we all even i would like to have the method,but this is not Microsoft as they don't really give a Crap but we all know how hard up FONY gets over a spilled cup of tea !

    54. Grasshopper
      10-11-2011
      05:54 PM
      54

      Originally Posted by SeanP2500
      uh cause it would encourage piracy i am pretty sure...basically sounds to me like there is some sort of app that can do this and duplex realized this and actually started to make scene releases...since psn was problematic at first alot of sceners probably just gave up on it and never knew...
      Fantastic, can someone please use that method to crack Outrun Online & After Burner then?

      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      Originally Posted by gambaownsu
      Public developers are refusing to help the scene under the umbrella of :

      - I'm scared of Sony / dont want to be sued

      - Piracy

      - PS3 scene should find their own exploits - not have everything on a silver plate.

      Ironically, this leads to more people going back to OFW which is not helping the cause.

      That's basically why we are not advancing and we will not unless devs break one of those points.

      At least that's what the public 'devs' are claiming. Let's hope there's still private, unknown, anonymous highly talented devs out there working in the shadow.

      Especially with new games coming out this month and in november - I'm sure a lot of people will jump into OFW wagon and will leave this scene. Hopefully, somebody will do something before it happens but I think its highly unlikely.

      3.72 has a new feature - the ps2 new 'emulation' integrated running and playing PS2 games on SLIM consoles/Phat. This is really something devs should look into. OFW is starting to look better and has better feature than (almost) CFW. We should always be ahead of them thus why Sony making look their OFW better so CFW users jump into their wagon.
      That is actually a very fair point. Maybe DUPLEX should keep it to himself, but the thing is, if more people can just keep this underground like it's supposed to be, get things done and move on, we could have a more productive scene. We're definitely miles behind any other scene at the moment. The Wii and Xbox scene are more advanced.

    55. gDrive
      10-11-2011
      06:15 PM
      55

      Originally Posted by Grasshopper
      Fantastic, can someone please use that method to crack Outrun Online & After Burner then?

      Outrun Online Arcade
      http://www.multiupload.com/NJA2YU3T5R
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************


      That is actually a very fair point. Maybe DUPLEX should keep it to himself, but the thing is, if more people can just keep this underground like it's supposed to be, get things done and move on, we could have a more productive scene. We're definitely miles behind any other scene at the moment. The Wii and Xbox scene are more advanced.
      Point agreed - some of the PS3 gamers who had their consoles jailbroken either returned to official firmware or gave/sold their consoles to someone else because of this.

    56. ZOMBIEKILLAH
      10-11-2011
      06:17 PM
      56

      The only way if it were ever to be released ,you have to understand all it takes is 1 idiot !
      To post a video on youtube & it would spread like wildfire please look at it in this perspective. We all want what you want buddy believe me. i have a few dlcs i want bad !
      No use getting mad about it ,you should know how these things are ,xbox = no attention 80% less than PS3 ... This would be the downfall of keeping it low key = 1 IDIOT POSTING ON YOUTUBE is all it would take & you know who would be on there looking like flys on $h1t..

      This is new & need to get old lose popularity then releasing will not be noticed ,cause the cracking of PSN will be old ! Think about it this way you dont see credit horrors flashing the tool to unlock the dlc for xbox right ? Allot of these ps3 users are immature & dont know how to keep things low key !

    57. erexx
      10-11-2011
      07:10 PM
      57

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      Duplex didn't do anything spectacular, they used a method that was known since January, a method someone else came upon, but because that person is against piracy, didn't do anything with it, but it has been documented since then.

      [MENTION=131344]euss[/MENTION] could give you more information on it, he is the PS3 information gatekeeper
      Not sure.
      Maybe this person is the PS3 godfather? everyone speaks of.
      If there is a godfather or godgroup then there is no need for anyone to waste their time trying to find a path already known.
      Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

      As far as I know the only method capable of this, that was detailed since January, was Grafs.
      That was about the time he started asking for eboots to test, which is also about the time his legal problems started.
      Many were hot on reproducing his work but interested seemed to quickly fade.
      There are no stage1 hex archives, stage2 payloads or sendfile tools being hosted or shared.
      (you'll need strong Linux experience and copies of Grafs downed git repo to have a shadow of a chance to make your own.)

      Uess didn't publicly outline the NPDRM decryption algorithm until SEP27th? where it made ps3wiki dev overnight.
      The method outlined isn't easy to turn over without some programming experience, solid knowledge of the PS3
      and then tight decryption requirements require valid PSN licenses of the games to be cracked.

      If the method has been publicly documented for such a long time its obscured by time and location.
      Duplex is doing a good job of making it sound like its obvious and that's ok.
      They earned it and now everyone gets to benefit from it.
      Good for them, good for us.

    58. BobbyBangin
      10-11-2011
      09:44 PM
      58

      lol...you guys are too funny. seriously though, I wish I knew how to do this stuff. In the US this isn't a criminal offense this is a civil offense. As a dev I wouldn't care if I got sued. In America we get sued for everything. Hospitals, credit card companies, student loans...they all sue. Our government is probably gonna get sued by China. Hack away and give back to the people what the man keeps taking away. Don't let a silly little thing like a lawsuit scare you...unless your filthy rich...then you wouldn't need to hack anything.

    59. onenut
      10-11-2011
      09:55 PM
      59

      hahaha wow i'm loving this, f#@& Fony up the A$$ boyz hahahah

    60. blazedhobo
      10-12-2011
      02:16 AM
      60

      where is the news post about the marvel vs capcom 3 dlc that's working on cfw? with possibly more dlc for other games to come...

      duplex is doing a great job as usual, but i also just found a release of head corps by someone else that has the dlc included.

    61. vak
      10-12-2011
      06:37 AM
      61

      Originally Posted by Chris9191
      if its been known since january then why has it not been done?

      your always negative on things acheived by others.

      dont ban me
      THIS. ^

      I've no idea how this site ended up as the go to for ps3 stuff with the kinda bull**** that goes on here, UGH. just UGH. Why the **** do you scrubs even bother to post this as NEWS when you're so nasty towards what they've done and SO AGAINST piracy? why the **** isn't this site neutral? i've never seen so many scene nerds on a high horse on any other site in a long time since ps2hd, oh where are they now?

      Big Shoutouts to duplex for doing what nobody else would/could do.

    62. GregoryRasputin
      10-12-2011
      07:00 AM
      62

      Originally Posted by erexx
      Not sure.
      Maybe this person is the PS3 godfather? everyone speaks of.
      If there is a godfather or godgroup then there is no need for anyone to waste their time trying to find a path already known.
      Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

      This whole "Scene Overlord" thing is a myth, it was created by certain people, to create mayhem and destruction.

      Originally Posted by erexx
      As far as I know the only method capable of this, that was detailed since January, was Grafs.
      That was about the time he started asking for eboots to test, which is also about the time his legal problems started.
      Wel im kinda surprised that you didn't ask me outright if i was speaking of graf_chokolo, as it is pretty obvious i am.

      Dont you think graf_chokolo deserves a "Godfather" status @erexx ?
      He has done so, so much for the PS3, he has sacrificed so much to make the PS3 Scene better, he in my eyes, is the Godfather of the scene





      Originally Posted by erexx
      Duplex is doing a good job of making it sound like its obvious and that's ok.
      They earned it and now everyone gets to benefit from it.
      Good for them, good for us.
      Of course they are, me saying they used other peoples work, is not a bad thing, using other peoples work is what progresses a scene, i am glad that Duplex are doing something for the scene, even if it isn't entirely legal, i dont entirely agree with what they are doing, but i am glad, that all of those people, who lost hundreds of pounds worth of PSN games, due to Sony blocking them, can get them back and enjoy the games they payed good money for.



      Originally Posted by vak

      I've no idea how this site ended up as the go to for ps3 stuff with the kinda bull**** that goes on here
      I have no idea how you were able to read that post, as your reading ability, is very low.



      Originally Posted by vak
      UGH. just UGH. Why the **** do you scrubs even bother to post this as NEWS when you're so nasty towards what they've done and SO AGAINST piracy?
      Sorry Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, im really not hanging on the passengers side of my best friends ride, and i sure as hell don't want no love from you.................. anyhow no one has said anything bad about Duplex, no one is against Duplex and we have never said we are against piracy, we state that we don't condone it and do not want it linked on our site, as i said, if you knew how to read "properly" you would have noticed that i praised them.

      Originally Posted by vak
      why the **** isn't this site neutral?
      Its very hard to stay neutral when you have a bunch of pirates hating on us, because we wont post pirate related files >.<

    63. Buggerlugz
      10-12-2011
      02:18 PM
      63

      Its becoming pretty obvious that if any group is going to release modded eboots for 3.66+ games, it's going to be duplex. I'll not hold my breath though, the stale mate has gone on for so long it's not funny anymore.

    64. hcode123
      10-12-2011
      08:14 PM
      64

      Where does the elf file go on the ps3?

    65. erexx
      10-12-2011
      09:07 PM
      65

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      This whole "Scene Overlord" thing is a myth, it was created by certain people, to create mayhem and destruction.
      Your right. I shouldn't have even brought it up.

      Originally Posted by erexx View Post
      As far as I know the only method capable of this, that was detailed since January, was Grafs.
      That was about the time he started asking for eboots to test, which is also about the time his legal problems started.

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      Wel im kinda surprised that you didn't ask me outright if i was speaking of graf_chokolo, as it is pretty obvious i am.
      True. He is the godfather of the PS3.

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      Dont you think graf_chokolo deserves a "Godfather" status @erexx ?
      He has done so, so much for the PS3, he has sacrificed so much to make the PS3 Scene better, he in my eyes, is the Godfather of the scene
      Yes, I totally agree. If I had the means I would pay for every penny of his legal expenses.

    66. kiwitothemax
      10-12-2011
      09:49 PM
      66

      Hmm don't think the team behind Duplex has (or will have) the methods in which to create 3.56+ modded eboots. However, mad props for the releases so far :-)