A while ago, a pre release of showtime v.3.4 was released, now the developer has been kind enough to provide us with Showtime v.3.4. A few quick notes:
Today marks the release of Showtime 3.4. For a list of most of the important bug fixes and features added, see the 3.4 page.
Download the release from github.
Note: It seems Showtime still suffers from out of memory conditions now and then but I’ve not been able to pinpoint the exact cause of those issues. A few things were implemented just prior to the 3.4 release in order to mitigate the low memory problems.
With that said I though I could write something about what’s been done this year and where Showtime is going.
And a Full changelog:
- Bug #216: Image navigator – missing rotation of previews
- Bug #448: Photo – Doesn’t display .jpg over 900ko
- Bug #478: new version can’t play 1080p movies
- Bug #628: Clock is 1 hour off.
- Bug #716: Video list disappears permanently
- Bug #717: The clock displaying is not right
- Bug #718: italic subtitles display
- Bug #719: Subtitles in mkv file are still on even though in settings they are off
- Bug #720: Rar Split files is broken
- Bug #721: L5.0/5.1 MKV no video playback
- Bug #724: 3 Video Files splitted but Showtime Shows 1 Video in the Directory
- Bug #726: Subtitle BUG (Overlapping)
- Bug #729: .MP4 Container problem (and possible .MKV improvement suggestion)
- Bug #731: Subtitles in rar split files
- Bug #732: Subtitle position.
- Bug #739: SMB (Samba) Network Issue
- Bug #740: Bookmarks: Selecting photo image and appera fodler image?
- Bug #746: SMB (Samaba) Video Playback Issues
- Bug #748: MKV 5.1 igh level ( Debug Option to write a txt when it says CPU to slow )
- Bug #750: high quality mkv (+20gb)
- Bug #757: Samba Playback Video Speed-Ups Slow-Downs
- Bug #760: Memory leak when playing large/long movies
- Bug #771: No video shown when playing this movie sample
- Bug #773: Idee to eliminate the Memory Problem on MKV!!!
- Bug #776: Http Client Hangs
- Bug #779: Plugins: Message with a lot of charaters block
- Bug #781: Plugins: Read local xml files
- Bug #782: Plugins: Read files from SMB path
- Bug #790: Plugins: showtime freeze when reading rtmp
- Bug #794: .OGM Container playback issues [PS3]
- Bug #796: Audio track bug
- Bug #806: Video titles do not flow under cover art image?
- Bug #810: AC3 mono track does not work.
- Bug #834: FLV PLAYBACK BUG
- Bug #836: More than 1 Subtitle per movie.
- Bug #842: Possible bug with AVC codec Baseline@L1.3. (on PS3).
- Feature #348: please add support for EGL / OpenGL|ES
- Feature #417: Mark files that has been played
- Feature #518: Samba streaming
- Feature #640: MP4 codec support
- Feature #690: resuming playback from where left off
- Feature #707: Detect track flags in .MKV container
- Feature #710: Subtitle adjustment.
- Feature #775: mkv track names display
- Feature #784: Plugins: Cache remote (HTTP) image files
- Feature #802: Plugins: settings.createComboBox like in showtime settings
Download version 3.4 for 3.55 CFW
Download version 3.4 for GeoHot 3.55 CFW
Check the source for a short history of Showtime on the PS3 and a bit of what Andreas Öman plans to do with his app in the future.
Tags: ps3, PS3 Hacks, PS3Hax, showtime
Discuss in Forums (21)