• PS3 Hacks, Software , 31.03.2012

    PS3HaX developer TizzyT has released an update to his awesome ColdBoot logo creator, as well as a graphical over haul and the ability to create full screen logo’s with ease, here are some of the other changes/fixes:

    Finally wasn’t lazy enough to get to work on the next update.
    The version is now 2.5 and its more of a complete redo then an update.
    Everything should work and contains the word BETA because I wasn’t able to test it myself but
    PS3Hax.net member RobGee789 has tested and stated it working.

    Changes:
    UI has changed.

    • Shouldn’t have packing errors anymore.
    • Does fine if file-size of logo changes.
    • No hex-editing.
    • There are no more arguments.
    • Like prior versions of PCLCV2, (should) creates/extracts all required files.
    • CS5 extended instead of CS4.

    Not implemented:

    • Detects when Photoshop is finished extracting (will add in soon).
    • Save preview (will add in soon).
    • Have not added Code Rebug’s Coldboot installer (will add in soon).

    Source And Download - For those of you using this tool, be nice and leave a comment on the blog when you have tried it, feed back always help improve products :)

    For those of you too lazy to create your own ColdBoots, or for you ColdBoot creators, visit the ColdBoot site to download/upload files:
    coldboots.net

    Also today is the last day to enter the ColdBoot competition.

    Discuss in Forums (14)


  • 14 Comments

    1. alienkid
      03-31-2012
      10:23 AM
      1

      That's looking good [MENTION=192468]TizzyT[/MENTION]. I will be messing with it in a bit.
      Thanks!

    2. TizzyT
      03-31-2012
      11:34 AM
      2

      Originally Posted by alienkid
      That's looking good [MENTION=192468]TizzyT[/MENTION]. I will be messing with it in a bit.
      Thanks!
      Thanks have only tested it on one computer and only confirmed working (method) by other member.

      Any feedback would be awesome thanks .

    3. GregoryRasputin
      03-31-2012
      11:35 AM
      3

      Originally Posted by TizzyT
      Thanks have only tested it on one computer and only confirmed working (method) by other member.

      Any feedback would be awesome thanks .
      You have another confirmation from me....

    4. OoZic
      03-31-2012
      11:45 AM
      4

      Nice update [MENTION=192468]TizzyT[/MENTION]

      Is it possible to remove the Captcha from the search function on coldboots.net? I really hate that kind of verification

    5. TizzyT
      03-31-2012
      11:46 AM
      5

      Thanks guys, great comments. Any feedback on if the coldboots produced actually work? Like specifically the ones that failed to pack on previous versions, I hear that the coldboots are created successfully but was wondering if the coldboots work properly once installed. That piece of information would really ease my heart as I'm scared my program will semi-brick someones system.
      Thanks again everyone.

    6. GregoryRasputin
      03-31-2012
      01:16 PM
      6

      Originally Posted by TizzyT
      Any feedback on if the coldboots produced actually work? Like specifically the ones that failed to pack on previous versions, I hear that the coldboots are created successfully but was wondering if the coldboots work properly once installed.
      That is what I was meaning when I said you had confirmation
      The latest ColdBoot that I posted on coldboots.net failed for me before, now it is installed on my PS3 and looks awesome

    7. GregoryRasputin
      03-31-2012
      01:19 PM
      7

      Originally Posted by OoZic
      Nice update [MENTION=192468]TizzyT[/MENTION]

      Is it possible to remove the Captcha from the search function on coldboots.net? I really hate that kind of verification
      I didn't realise there was one, no need to search anyway, all downloads are on the one page
      I'll check later though and change it, if you aren't registered then it might not be possible as I have the anti spam both settings quite high.

    8. RobGee789
      03-31-2012
      01:28 PM
      8

      this worked like a charm for me (its what i used for the coldboots i made) so ill have a go with this aswell mate

    9. Mistawes
      03-31-2012
      02:40 PM
      9

      Just to confirm [MENTION=192468]TizzyT[/MENTION] - I tested my JC2 coldboot (which refused to pack before) and it worked perfectly on my PS3. Great job!

    10. Cj_Mc
      03-31-2012
      02:47 PM
      10

      looks good dude thanks

    11. H3avyRa1n
      03-31-2012
      04:10 PM
      11

      looks nice.

    12. TizzyT
      03-31-2012
      04:16 PM
      12

      Originally Posted by devilangelari
      Oh I gonna test it right away
      Thanks TizzyT for this update !
      Damn I didn't post some of my coldbots in that competition (today the 31th march) anyway gonna post them in design section tomorrow .
      One of them was this :
      Should enter that in the contest. Unfortunately for me I will not be making the deadline of the contest as I am going to implement the missing pieces to the program. Good luck, and congrats to the winner .

    13. alienkid
      03-31-2012
      08:45 PM
      13

      Works nice here [MENTION=192468]TizzyT[/MENTION].

    14. pepethedon
      04-01-2012
      10:39 AM
      14

      Originally Posted by devilangelari
      Oh I gonna test it right away
      Thanks TizzyT for this update !
      Damn I didn't post some of my coldbots in that competition (today the 31th march) anyway gonna post them in design section tomorrow .
      One of them was this :
      This would be PERFECT for the B&G Dynamic theme from PSN. (available on 3.55)