• General , 30.07.2012



    This article contains no information regarding PlayStation 3 exploiting, hacking, glitching or modding. Continue reading at your own risk.

    Introduction:

    By this point in time, I believe it’s safe to assume we’ve all been well acquainted with the Grand Theft Auto series in one way, shape or form. Whether you’ve only heard about it online, played it at a friends house or even own all of the games dating back to 1997 when it first launched on the original PlayStation. Whatever the case may be, I’m sure we can all agree on one thing: Grand Theft Auto is a booming success and is one of the most iconic franchises in video game history.

    But, what exactly has made Grand Theft Auto so popular? And why do you like it so much? Are you attracted to the complex storylines? Does playing beyond the confines of the linear-style gameplay that you’re used to induce your brain with the sense of “freedom”? Is it the senseless killing that’s caught your attention? Or, is it The Message?

    Now you’re probably asking yourself, “What’s The Message?” The answer is simple: The American Dream.

    (Which understandably also translates into anything in life you’ve ever wanted to achieve with the odds stacked against you, because everybody is not in pursuit of the American Dream.)

    The Bigger Picture:

    In every Grand Theft Auto game since Grand Theft Auto III -  I cannot speak on Grand Theft Auto or Grand Theft Auto II because my experience with them is either non-existent or is very limited - you play as a male protagonist going through insane obstacles from the get-go. In Grand Theft Auto III, you start the game as an escaped convict with nowhere to turn but a life of crime. In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, you start the game in debt to a mob boss who’s constantly threatening your life if you don’t find his damn money. In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, you start the game burying your mother who’s been shot and killed seemingly by a rival gang and because of this, it isn’t long before you’re brought back into the gang life, ducking corrupt police officers and wasting drug dealers. In Grand Theft Auto IV, you play as a foreign Russian who wants nothing more but freedom, however this vision is constantly challenged by mob bosses, loan sharks, your cousin’s cowardice and everything that goes with that.

    There is a reason Rockstar Games places you in these dire situations. It’s a demonstration of how far some are willing to go to achieve the inner-satisfaction we all crave deep down inside. You play through hundreds of missions pinned against enemies that want nothing more than to see you dead but for some reason you always overcome the danger. There is a reason why no matter how many times you “die,” your character manages to escape death at the last second and is treated at a local hospital. There is a reason why when police officers “bust” you and take you to jail, that they accept your bribes and you aren’t serving a life-sentence.

    Underlying the murder, mischief, sex, prostitution, corruption and hatred, is a message you’ve heard a million times: You can do anything you want to do as long as you work hard at achieving it.

    I don’t want to drag this on any longer than it needs to be. You get the point.

    That’s The Message.

    Discuss in Forums (80)


  • 80 Comments

    1. gambaownsu
      07-30-2012
      07:58 PM
      1

      Nice message.

      How is this related to the PS3 scene?

    2. donglehater
      07-30-2012
      07:59 PM
      2

      Somehow after my experience with the same games I took from it a completely different message.

      The new American dream is to make fast money at any cost whether that be from the sale of drugs, prostitution, theft or even contract murder.............no matter tiz just a game till you read about something similar in the paper or hear about it on the news.

    3. tuch_dis
      07-30-2012
      08:01 PM
      3

      Ditto gambaownsu.

      How exactly is this related to PS3 hacking/dev/etc?

    4. dablakmark8
      07-30-2012
      08:05 PM
      4

      I get the message

    5. tjhooker73
      07-30-2012
      08:08 PM
      5

      Originally Posted by tuch_dis
      Ditto gambaownsu.

      How exactly is this related to PS3 hacking/dev/etc?
      Anyone Can hack the PS3 as long as they work hard enough at it :D

    6. Annelies
      07-30-2012
      08:08 PM
      6

      [MENTION=98874]tuch_dis[/MENTION] [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION]

      I don't care if it's not related to the PS3 Scene. That's why I left a disclaimer.
      I'll post whatever I want on the front-page.

    7. Willie C.
      07-30-2012
      08:14 PM
      7

      That som***** in Colarado acted this **** out. I love GTA, but its a GAME. That **** was for real.

    8. Annelies
      07-30-2012
      08:18 PM
      8

      Originally Posted by Willie C.
      That som***** in Colarado acted this **** out. I love GTA, but its a GAME. That **** was for real.
      That was a pure tragedy, but the point of this thread is that the same principles behind GTA can be applied to everyday life in non-lethal ways as well. That's the point. It's a moral message.

      What he did was wrong and he will pay for it.

    9. hamtah
      07-30-2012
      08:18 PM
      9

      Thank for this amazing news. Now we can finally crack 4.21 and get the CFW we have been waiting for!

      Oh wait... we can't.

    10. gambaownsu
      07-30-2012
      08:23 PM
      10

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      [MENTION=98874]tuch_dis[/MENTION] [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION]

      I don't care if it's not related to the PS3 Scene. That's why I left a disclaimer.
      I'll post whatever I want on the front-page.
      Well, goob job on using your personal moderator 'power' as your personal 'gaming' blog.

      Frankly, we don't care as well as what you think about some random game.

      That’s The Message..

      Never though I'd say this but GregoryRasputin needs to write again, at least it was clear and it made sense.

    11. hamtah
      07-30-2012
      08:29 PM
      11

      Originally Posted by gambaownsu
      Well, goob job on using your personal moderator 'power' as your personal 'gaming' blog.

      Frankly, we don't care as well as what you think about some random game.

      That�s The Message..
      GTA is not a random game. It is one of the best games out there, made by one of the best developers. And trust me, GTA V is the only game that can actually compete with CoD in sales.

      Did I mention whatever year GTA V comes out, it will 100% be the GoTY?


      But I do have to agree on you about this being totally unrelated. As much as I respect Annelies, this thread does not deserve front page.

    12. JustThatDude
      07-30-2012
      08:30 PM
      12

      Originally Posted by gambaownsu
      Well, goob job on using your personal moderator 'power' as your personal 'gaming' blog.

      Frankly, we don't care as well as what you think about some random game.

      That’s The Message..
      You don't need to be a dick about it. Quite frankly i enjoyed the thread so I care. Thank you Annelies and **** You Gambaownsu

    13. Zorlac79
      07-30-2012
      08:37 PM
      13

      Originally Posted by gambaownsu
      Well, goob job on using your personal moderator 'power' as your personal 'gaming' blog.

      Never though I'd say this but GregoryRasputin needs to write again, at least it was clear and it made sense.
      I would have to agree! He came off as a dick the same way the mod did! I liked the post until: "I'll post whatever I want on the front-page."

      Gotta love the attitudes that fly around here! They usually only happen safely behind a keyboard though!!

    14. Annelies
      07-30-2012
      08:54 PM
      14

      I post one non-PS3 related article I happen to be passionate about in a blatant attempt to enlighten the unaware gamer of the subliminal messages and underlying moral values surrounding them in everyday activities in games such as Grand Theft Auto, and of course, people are complaining.

      I knew there would be people complaining too and that's why I left a disclaimer at the very top of the post. Of course, being the barbaric quick-to-judge users that some of you are, I doubt any you read it. Maybe you saw the thread title and something clicked in your brain to come and flame Annelies because the letters C-F-W were not present.

      If you don't like what I post, then from this day forward, do not read any of my posts. Ever again.

      I'm glad the users who enjoyed the article were able to see eye-to-eye with me and are at least able to fathom their own conceptual idea of what The Message might be. It's different for everyone.

      And this whole time I thought I was doing a good job with the news writing, I mean, I believe I can type in proper English (No I am not disrespecting [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION] -- he is an excellent news writer), I get straight to the point and most of the time I have a clear understanding of what I'm writing about, but apparently [MENTION=151417]hamtah[/MENTION] and [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] don't think so. Poor things. They want me to quit.

      If you don't like the way I write, then from now on, ignore all of my posts and don't read any of the articles I write. How's that? Or maybe you two should apply to become news writers so you can show me how it's done.

      I'm waiting.

    15. NTA
      07-30-2012
      08:59 PM
      15

      >_> Humans hardly ever get along until something bad happens it seems

    16. JustThatDude
      07-30-2012
      09:03 PM
      16

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      I post one non-PS3 related article I happen to be passionate about in a blatant attempt to enlighten the unaware gamer of the subliminal messages and underlying moral values surrounding them in everyday activities in games such as Grand Theft Auto, and of course, people are complaining.

      I knew there would be people complaining too and that's why I left a disclaimer at the very top of the post. Of course, being the barbaric quick-to-judge users that some of you are, I doubt any you read it. Maybe you saw the thread title and something clicked in your brain to come and flame Annelies because the letters C-F-W were not present.

      If you don't like what I post, then from this day forward, do not read any of my posts. Ever again.

      I'm glad the users who enjoyed the article were able to see eye-to-eye with me and are at least able to fathom their own conceptual idea of what The Message might be. It's different for everyone.

      And this whole time I thought I was doing a good job with the news writing, I mean, I believe I can type in proper English (No I am not disrespecting [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION] -- he is an excellent news writer), I get straight to the point and most of the time I have a clear understanding of what I'm writing about, but apparently [MENTION=151417]hamtah[/MENTION] and [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] don't think so. Poor things. They want me to quit.

      If you don't like the way I write, then from now on, ignore all of my posts and don't read any of the articles I write. How's that? Or maybe you two should apply to become news writers so you can show me how it's done.

      I'm waiting.
      Well put together thanks for this article and post. Keep on going

    17. maskedmurder123
      07-30-2012
      09:03 PM
      17

      I can't believe that nobody has pointed out that Niko is not Russian. He, and I quote, "Speaks and reads Serbian and it is said he is from the Balkans". Even if you don't believe in that, the back of the game box says he is, "Fresh off the boat from Europe". And yes, I know, Russia is partly in Europe. But how large is Europe? That's right, VERY large. And The Balkans IS in Europe.

      End Rant.

    18. JustThatDude
      07-30-2012
      09:05 PM
      18

      Originally Posted by maskedmurder123
      I can't believe that nobody has pointed out that Niko is not Russian. He, and I quote, "Speaks and reads Serbian and it is said he is from the Balkans". Even if you don't believe in that, the back of the game box says he is, "Fresh off the boat from Europe". And yes, I know, Russia is partly in Europe. But how large is Europe? That's right, VERY large. And The Balkans IS in Europe.

      End Rant.
      Lol oh well. Almost everyone thinks he's from Rusia.

    19. gambaownsu
      07-30-2012
      09:11 PM
      19

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      I post one non-PS3 related article I happen to be passionate about in a blatant attempt to enlighten the unaware gamer of the subliminal messages and underlying moral values surrounding them in everyday activities in games such as Grand Theft Auto, and of course, people are complaining.

      I knew there would be people complaining too and that's why I left a disclaimer at the very top of the post. Of course, being the barbaric quick-to-judge users that some of you are, I doubt any you read it. Maybe you saw the thread title and something clicked in your brain to come and flame Annelies because the letters C-F-W were not present.

      If you don't like what I post, then from this day forward, do not read any of my posts. Ever again.

      I'm glad the users who enjoyed the article were able to see eye-to-eye with me and are at least able to fathom their own conceptual idea of what The Message might be. It's different for everyone.

      And this whole time I thought I was doing a good job with the news writing, I mean, I believe I can type in proper English (No I am not disrespecting [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION] -- he is an excellent news writer), I get straight to the point and most of the time I have a clear understanding of what I'm writing about, but apparently [MENTION=151417]hamtah[/MENTION] and [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] don't think so. Poor things. They want me to quit.

      If you don't like the way I write, then from now on, ignore all of my posts and don't read any of the articles I write. How's that? Or maybe you two should apply to become news writers so you can show me how it's done.

      I'm waiting.
      I won't waste my time on writing a wall-O-text argument. I will simply say: If you can't accept criticism, then you have a serious problem. I didn't say your news was garbage (quite the contrary) but its not related to the PS3 news thus useless regardless how well its written etc.

      Now, if you want to abuse your mod power - do it so. We won't stop you that's why I'd suggest you open up a gaming website (with hellsing, as he really needs it). Or a gaming space on PS3Hax, that way many people could contribute without having THIS kind of post being posted ( heh ).

      News here should only be related on PS3 hacks. Accept criticism, that's the best way to learn from mistakes - instead of being so defensive and aggressive.

    20. Zorlac79
      07-30-2012
      09:14 PM
      20

      Originally Posted by NTA
      >_> Humans hardly ever get along until something bad happens it seems
      Way too true! Hit that one on the head!

      I want to clarify that I liked your post Annelies. And your last post was very well put and correct. I gathered your message right away, but I didn't appreciate the I'll post what I want statement though. Being a "journalist' you will have to take the pos's and the neg's though and can't take anything to heart. You will have your followers and your haters and in-betweeners. But also remember that you are here to entertain and if most don't like what you say they will leave or complain. I have enjoyed most of your posts, and look forward to reading the next ones!

    21. zelee
      07-30-2012
      09:17 PM
      21

      i enjoy every aspect of the GTA IV game from roaming through every corner and street on foot

    22. hellsing9
      07-30-2012
      09:30 PM
      22

      Warning

      Im a GRINGO with bad temper, with or without s-mod/mod status: Feed up with the ones like you. LAST WARNING (and last point to a temp-vacation)





      [MENTION=151417]hamtah[/MENTION] Who are YOU to voice your opinion over every single damn ****ING article published to label it as NOT news or *it's not worth to be frontpaged*. God?....lol

      And you [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] = Shut the **** up if you don't want to end in Crunch questioning as [MENTION=151417]hamtah[/MENTION] what is considered material to be fronpaged or not.

      Stay on topic.

      [MENTION=109298]Annelies[/MENTION] NOW you understand how *easy* is to deal with an article well/poor/pro written and being bashed by the fact that 4 hours ago E3 news appeared and every single mother ****ing article frontpaged from now on will end in trolling/derail?.

    23. NTA
      07-30-2012
      09:48 PM
      23

      Anyone going to get that GTA 3 re-release on psn? No trophies or HD support unfortunately. Probably costs less to get a secondhand disc copy if you have old bc ps3 or ps2

    24. hamtah
      07-30-2012
      10:36 PM
      24

      Originally Posted by hellsing9

      Warning

      Im a GRINGO with bad temper, with or without s-mod/mod status: Feed up with the ones like you. LAST WARNING (and last point to a temp-vacation)





      [MENTION=151417]hamtah[/MENTION] Who are YOU to voice your opinion over every single damn ****ING article published to label it as NOT news or *it's not worth to be frontpaged*. God?....lol

      And you [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] = Shut the **** up if you don't want to end in Crunch questioning as [MENTION=151417]hamtah[/MENTION] what is considered material to be fronpaged or not.

      Stay on topic.

      [MENTION=109298]Annelies[/MENTION] NOW you understand how *easy* is to deal with an article well/poor/pro written and being bashed by the fact that 4 hours ago E3 news appeared and every single mother ****ing article frontpaged from now on will end in trolling/derail?.
      Thank you for the first infraction I have gotten on this site and for what? Trolling.

      No where did I say that I did not enjoy the article. I have found your, and this article, quite amusing. But what I am trying to say is that these articles don't belong on this website. Trust me hellsing9, I have been here longer than you (judging my your join date) and I know what kind of articles used to be posted before you were a news writer. I say kudos for your well written articles, but they do not belong on this site. You say I am no one to voice an opinion on what is news and what isn't, and I agree, I'm not; but that still doesn't stop me from saying what is true. I am yet to see an article by Pirate which talks **** about Sony, or how his opinion about vaginas in video games.

      To make a long post short, your articles are amazing, and I enjoy them, but they do not belong on the front page of a website about PS3 HACKING. I'm not saying you can't post them, I am simply implying that they shouldn't really be worthy of a front page.

    25. hellsing9
      07-30-2012
      10:42 PM
      25

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      Thank you for the first infraction I have gotten on this site and for what? Trolling.

      No where did I say that I did not enjoy the article. I have found your, and this article, quite amusing. But what I am trying to say is that these articles don't belong on this website. Trust me hellsing9, I have been here longer than you (judging my your join date) and I know what kind of articles used to be posted before you were a news writer. I say kudos for your well written articles, but they do not belong on this site. You say I am no one to voice an opinion on what is news and what isn't, and I agree, I'm not; but that still doesn't stop me from saying what is true. I am yet to see an article by Pirate which talks **** about Sony, or how his opinion about vaginas in video games.

      To make a long post short, your articles are amazing, and I enjoy them, but they do not belong on the front page of a website about PS3 HACKING. I'm not saying you can't post them, I am simply implying that they shouldn't really be worthy of a front page.
      What it's true it's not relevant here. You engaged with this ****tard of [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] a ping pong derail/troll attemp on an article. And you know what kind of user [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] is = PROBLEMATIC.

      I don't care man, even if they are excelent or they are not related or they are related to THIS site.
      Im in charge to deliver content, i have some more rules to follow (even if my *join date* it's *younger* than yours).
      So if you want to lift a proper complain about my behaviour as [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] probably will do.
      Feel free, and if you want QUALITY news postulate as an S-MOD.

      Regards.

    26. xtreme1
      07-30-2012
      10:44 PM
      26

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      Thank you for the first infraction I have gotten on this site and for what? Trolling.

      No where did I say that I did not enjoy the article. I have found your, and this article, quite amusing. But what I am trying to say is that these articles don't belong on this website. Trust me hellsing9, I have been here longer than you (judging my your join date) and I know what kind of articles used to be posted before you were a news writer. I say kudos for your well written articles, but they do not belong on this site. You say I am no one to voice an opinion on what is news and what isn't, and I agree, I'm not; but that still doesn't stop me from saying what is true. I am yet to see an article by Pirate which talks **** about Sony, or how his opinion about vaginas in video games.

      To make a long post short, your articles are amazing, and I enjoy them, but they do not belong on the front page of a website about PS3 HACKING. I'm not saying you can't post them, I am simply implying that they shouldn't really be worthy of a front page.
      the mods are pretty unprofessional around here... thats pretty disappointing... 'cept pirate, love that dood.

      & for the record the trolling made me laugh, thanks hamtah

    27. nigelthomas
      07-30-2012
      10:47 PM
      27

      I'm here longer than both of u lol ( just saying )

    28. hamtah
      07-30-2012
      10:49 PM
      28

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      What it's true it's not relevant here. You engaged with this ****tard of [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] a ping pong derail/troll attemp on an article. And you know what kind of user [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] is = PROBLEMATIC.

      I don't care man, even if they are excelent or they are not related or they are related to THIS site.
      Im in charge to deliver content, i have some more rules to follow (even if my *join date* it's *younger* than yours).
      So if you want to lift a proper complain about my behaviour as [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] probably will do.
      Feel free, and if you want QUALITY news postulate as an S-MOD.

      Regards.
      There is no reason to file a complaint about you. I didn't say I hate you, and I didn't even know this gamba guy was until I saw his post. I see that my first post was harsh, and in fact I agree that I helped derail this thread. My apologies to Annelies for that, but I just don't like how unrelated news is posted on this website. I am still fine with Multiman Version 68.4894 being on the front page, because obviously it is related to the PS3, but an opinion about how GTA is a subliminal message? I don't see how this can relate to the PS3 or the scene in any way.

    29. nomad098
      07-30-2012
      10:50 PM
      29

      what a load of bull****
      so now we gonna get infraction for saying this should not be front paged

      Gregory did not write bull**** like you two
      i piss on both your opinion
      and if you really want people to read your opinion, put it somewhere else not on front page

      i rather have no news then bull**** opinion pieces

    30. hamtah
      07-30-2012
      10:51 PM
      30

      Originally Posted by xtreme1
      the mods are pretty unprofessional around here... thats pretty disappointing... 'cept pirate, love that dood.

      & for the record the trolling made me laugh, thanks hamtah
      The mods are professional, there is nothing wrong with how they operate here. The problem is what is being posted as news, and what isn't.


      Originally Posted by nomad098
      what a load of bull****
      so now we gonna get infraction for saying this should not be front paged

      Gregory did not write bull**** like you two
      i piss on both your opinion
      and if you really want people to read your opinion, put it somewhere else not on front page

      i rather have no news then bull**** opinion pieces
      Get out. Just get out. I am fine with the infraction, but telling them to post this somewhere else is wrong. They should post this here, and I want them to post it here, I just don't want it to be front paged.

    31. nomad098
      07-30-2012
      10:53 PM
      31

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      The mods are professional, there is nothing wrong with how they operate here. The problem is what is being posted as news, and what isn't.
      only professional mod is pirate and greg

    32. hellsing9
      07-30-2012
      10:55 PM
      32

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      There is no reason to file a complaint about you. I didn't say I hate you, and I didn't even know this gamba guy was until I saw his post. I see that my first post was harsh, and in fact I agree that I helped derail this thread. My apologies to Annelies for that, but I just don't like how unrelated news is posted on this website. I am still fine with Multiman Version 68.4894 being on the front page, because obviously it is related to the PS3, but an opinion about how GTA is a subliminal message? I don't see how this can relate to the PS3 or the scene in any way.
      http://www.ps3hax.net/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=32


      Originally Posted by hamtah
      Its better than seeing this on the front page everyday:

      "multimanz release 6905.495045040"
      "showtime version 4.6970044046490"
      "tb say they are making there dongle more penis proof"
      "i have an opinion so read it"
      "sony sucks"
      "nintendo wii u is so cool we have news about it on a PS3 site"
      "boobs are the new talk of gaming"

      [MENTION=200503]nomad098[/MENTION] Enjoy the vacations.

    33. JustThatDude
      07-30-2012
      10:55 PM
      33

      Seriously stfu whoever is bashing on this thread or the mods they are the ones who keep this site running and try and fill it with life when there isn't much news to pass around. There is a disclaimer on his post and i warnings so go f*ck your self for bashing on them and why don't you ****ing read. Without them you wouldn't have a site to post on cause you wouldn't have any news. So don't be bashing on the people who make up the site.

    34. gambaownsu
      07-30-2012
      10:59 PM
      34

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      What it's true it's not relevant here. You engaged with this ****tard of [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] a ping pong derail/troll attemp on an article. And you know what kind of user [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] is = PROBLEMATIC.

      I don't care man, even if they are excelent or they are not related or they are related to THIS site.
      Im in charge to deliver content, i have some more rules to follow (even if my *join date* it's *younger* than yours).
      So if you want to lift a proper complain about my behaviour as [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] probably will do.
      Feel free, and if you want QUALITY news postulate as an S-MOD.

      Regards.

      Oh, I have received an infraction. Funny that the infraction came from you and not from Annelies. As for you directly insulting me for no apparent reason -I see that as trolling and obviously you are not following the RULES thus not giving a good example on how SUPER-moderator should be.

      I'd like you (or other mods reading) remove my infraction as its unjustifiable and simply wrong for simply stating a constructive opinion.




      EDIT: You cannot publish Warnings.

    35. JustThatDude
      07-30-2012
      10:59 PM
      35

      Originally Posted by nomad098
      only professional mod is pirate and greg
      Oh and one more thing you can escpicialy go f*ck yourself greg left for Annelies and Hellsing9 to take over and if you don't like it go over to crunchtard and read there news.

    36. hamtah
      07-30-2012
      11:01 PM
      36

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      http://www.ps3hax.net/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=32




      [MENTION=200503]nomad098[/MENTION] Enjoy the vacations.
      Once again, you read my post wrong. In the thread, I said the E3 news was BETTER than news about new versions of Multiman. I didn't say that the news about Multiman shouldn't be posted, I said that it wasn't as interesting as the E3 news.

      On this thread, I said that I don't like how opinions which are completely unrelated to the PS3 scene are posted on the FRONT PAGE. I didn't claim that I don't want them on this website as a whole, like the others are saying, I said I don't like them being FRONT PAGED.

    37. hellsing9
      07-30-2012
      11:07 PM
      37

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      Once again, you read my post wrong. In the thread, I said the E3 news was BETTER than news about new versions of Multiman. I didn't say that the news about Multiman shouldn't be posted, I said that it wasn't as interesting as the E3 news.

      On this thread, I said that I don't like how opinions which are completely unrelated to the PS3 scene are posted on the FRONT PAGE. I didn't claim that I don't want them on this website as a whole, like the others are saying, I said I don't like them being FRONT PAGED.
      Understood.

      [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION] S-mod = You have the power to frontpage articles, and post news. You don't have anything more than that. Im just a moderator with the *power* (if can be called like that) to edit, frontpage, etc articles, news, etc.

      [MENTION=200503]nomad098[/MENTION] You bash the site, you even got into a *fight* with greg...please. Create a better excuse next time.

    38. psyki
      07-30-2012
      11:13 PM
      38

      wow... have you people never heard of an opinion piece
      and why is it the same few complaining about the same topic! and if u see this article as irrelevant then why add irrelevant posts?... its kinda like fighting fire with flame

      ...anyway i see what your saying about the message of the game, but i think you will find that a lot of people wont see past the literal side of things. its the same problem we have with religious fanatics who take the bible literally instead reading it as a story then deciding a on the moral values from there. it indeed dose have the message
      "that we should do what ever is in our power to to attain peace and freedom"
      but my feelings is that would be lost in all he violence, and perhaps worse that people will take it as a violent message.

      ps i love the gta [not so fussed about 4 tho its was a bit to serious for my liking]
      but never looked at the series in that light, and enjoyed the read :D

    39. hamtah
      07-30-2012
      11:17 PM
      39

      Originally Posted by psyki
      wow... have you people never heard of an opinion piece
      and why is it the same few complaining about the same topic! and if u see this article as irrelevant then why add irrelevant posts?... its kinda like fighting fire with flame

      ...anyway i see what your saying about the message of the game, but i think you will find that a lot of people wont see past the literal side of things. its the same problem we have with religious fanatics who take the bible literally instead reading it as a story then deciding a on the moral values from there. it indeed dose have the message
      "that we should do what ever is in our power to to attain peace and freedom"
      but my feelings is that would be lost in all he violence, and perhaps worse that people will take it as a violent message.

      ps i love the gta [not so fussed about 4 tho its was a bit to serious for my liking]
      but never looked at the series in that light, and enjoyed the read :D
      Violent acts are done because people are mentally ill. Don't blame games like GTA for the acts of mentally challenged retards out there. When I was around 8, I knew that games were GAMES, and that they cannot be mimicked in real life. I didn't try shooting people, stabbing myself, or taking shaking a dildo at people (looking at you SR3), only to respawn after.

      I love GTA, and it has to be my favorite series ever, and I have been playing it since it came out, not once have I tried to think I can shoot someone and get away with it.

    40. psyki
      07-30-2012
      11:24 PM
      40

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      Violent acts are done because people are mentally ill. Don't blame games like GTA for the acts of mentally challenged retards out there. When I was around 8, I knew that games were GAMES, and that they cannot be mimicked in real life. I didn't try shooting people, stabbing myself, or taking shaking a dildo at people (looking at you SR3), only to respawn after.

      I love GTA, and it has to be my favorite series ever, and I have been playing it since it came out, not once have I tried to think I can shoot someone and get away with it.
      no my point was quite the opposite, and yes i agree there are psychopaths out there who will take anything literally, it wasnt a bash on gta but more the way society and people will react to such things no matter how good of a message it holds

    41. hamtah
      07-30-2012
      11:28 PM
      41

      Originally Posted by psyki
      no my point was quite the opposite, and yes i agree there are psychopaths out there who will take anything literally, it wasnt a bash on gta but more the way society and people will react to such things no matter how good of a message it holds
      I don't see how GTA teaches you anything good...

      but it doesn't tell you to be a retard, take this game seriously, and apply it to your life.

    42. psyki
      07-30-2012
      11:44 PM
      42

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      I don't see how GTA teaches you anything good...

      but it doesn't tell you to be a retard, take this game seriously, and apply it to your life.
      you can take moral value from most storys in life
      and seeing that the game was put in such bad spotlight in the past by the media, parents who couldnt control their kids and yes the psychos.
      its interesting to think about the pro values of the story instead of looking at all the negative aspects...

    43. hellsing9
      07-30-2012
      11:56 PM
      43

      Games are part of mass media, and media involves us and have a big influence on our lives.
      If the kid has some twisted values or some mental problem, could lead to something like this:

      http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008...ot_dad_ov.html

      Bad parenting?, Can be. Depends on many *factors* that can trigger in that little twisted mind to commit some homicide.
      We are constantly bombarded with massive information, we don't live in the jungles any more we live in a society that each day get's more ignorant, virulent and violent.

      It's a matter of point fingers? to blame someone?..i don't know.

    44. psyki
      07-31-2012
      12:28 AM
      44

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      Games are part of mass media, and media involves us and have a big influence on our lives.
      If the kid has some twisted values or some mental problem, could lead to something like this:

      http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008...ot_dad_ov.html

      Bad parenting?, Can be. Depends on many *factors* that can trigger in that little twisted mind to commit some homicide.
      We are constantly bombarded with massive information, we don't live in the jungles any more we live in a society that each day get's more ignorant, virulent and violent.

      It's a matter of point fingers? to blame someone?..i don't know.
      yeah its defiantly a hard topic to define where it started tho, and yes we will quickly point the finger instead of looking at our own actions to blame, although i think a lot of it might stem from social isolation, and i agree the fact that we are bombarded with information, marketing, world issues and domestic ones, its not a secret that most people suffer from depression at some time in there life, over here the leading cause of death for males between 15 and 40 is suicide, and yet we are still expected "to walk in straight lines, keep our head down and our thoughts to ourselves" the society we have created can be a very cold and lonely place, and if someone is mentally unbalanced i can see how that could lead to violent outbursts,

      im sure thats not the only reasons but i think it adds to the pressure that would lead to such events

    45. MAX_Pain
      07-31-2012
      12:48 AM
      45

      I think you mean as long as you have money you can do anything (well almost) you want. The message is money, you needs lots and lots of money lol. Do anything it takes to get it, kill, steal, lie, cheat, the GTA dream.

    46. rot
      07-31-2012
      12:53 AM
      46

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      [MENTION=98874]tuch_dis[/MENTION] [MENTION=176557]gambaownsu[/MENTION]

      I don't care if it's not related to the PS3 Scene. That's why I left a disclaimer.
      I'll post whatever I want on the front-page.
      lol excatly why this place blows

    47. VideoX
      07-31-2012
      01:05 AM
      47

      I really enjoyed all the games, except GTA IV (my PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements and my little brother's PS3 is UNTOUCHABLE [600 km. separate us]).

      It's fun to have a world all for you, and do anything you want. But when you stop playing and go to the real world, then it's not an excuse to kill people or steal a car by saying "I felt like living in GTA". Go **** your self, you stupid piece of ****!. Because people like you, all the bad parents in the world point their lame fingers to the game industry, by censorshiping or cutting down the games (remember the HotCoffee Mod for GTA:SA).

      Enjoy the game, but leave all your anger and craziness with it once you turn of your computer/console.

    48. psyki
      07-31-2012
      01:14 AM
      48

      Originally Posted by MAX_Pain
      I think you mean as long as you have money you can do anything (well almost) you want. The message is money, you needs lots and lots of money lol. Do anything it takes to get it, kill, steal, lie, cheat, the GTA dream.
      yeah thats pretty much what i ment by taking things literally

      although it is a sad fact that with out printer paper with a $ value it is hard world to live without it. and this will drive people to do some crazy things... but its my perspective that u should truly follow ur passions and try to attain them through relentless hardships and whatever challenges life throws at u!
      could u honestly say that with out money ones passion would be murder and corruption! even with money it dose not lead to any true fulfillment

      [sh!t that sounds preechy]... but its something that i think people are not alwaysaware of... me included, u know we get all caught up in "playing the game" getting the house, the wife and family, the 9-5 job that we forget to sit back and actually enjoy life

    49. CrazyLinuxNerd
      07-31-2012
      02:24 AM
      49

      Disclaimer: Long post which may contain repeated material, incorrect spelling and bad grammar incoming. I am not held responsible for any sleeping, anger, or grammar natzi awakening that may be caused by reading this post. You have been warned.



      GTA is a cool game, I've played them ever since GTA1 came out, and have played every single release of it (Incl, but not limited to: GTA, GTA2, GTA:A, GTAIII, GTA:SA, GTA IV, stories episodes etc.) but I am not sure if this "subliminal message" is intentional.

      GTA games recently have had very good story lines to them, and they seem to be getting better since. They are based around criminal activity however, which has caused some serious media attention in the past, and of course, the idiots who try to blame the game for their real life actions such as going out and killing someone.

      They would give some lame excuse like "I was playing GTA, it looked so cool, I had to go outside and shoot someone".

      The other issue GTA has had over the years is parents allowing children to play these games, even though the child is clearly not mature enough to be doing so. As such if this child tries to copy the game, who is to blame? usually they try to pin it on the game.

      In my opinion, it is not the games fault, at all. It is the parents and their bad decisions, like giving a game that CLEARLY states on the box "18+" to a 10/12 year old. Maybe the parents lack common sense, reading skills or do not know how old their child is.

      The same problem applies to 18+ rated movies............

      Anyhows.. enough about that bit, I could go on for hours about that

      The reason I believe these games are so popular are not so much due to any messages, but more the feel of "Freedom" given to the player. If you want to go bowling with Roman, sure go ahead.. if you want to go grab a helicopter, and throw people into the sky with your heli blades, sure go ahead. If you want to cheat offline, sure go ahead.

      These games never really end, sure you can get "100%" but there is always little things left to do.

      They also add a fair amount of "realism" in the more recent GTA games, but also keeping the unrealisticism (Is that even a word? ). So it's easy to get "hooked" to the game's primary character which makes you want to keep playing the story to find out what happens, for some people, this part is never touched, some people simply don't want to play through the story.

      This is where Rockstar are good, they don't "limit" you to just a story line, sure to unlock a couple of islands you may need to play through the game a bit, but they usually unlock pretty quickly. But you can still get to other islands (with a 4/5 star wanted level however) if you don't want to do any story.

      The game can easily capture any player type in my opinion. I mean sure, they are going to be people who don't like GTA, Saints Row developers probably

      But non-the-less the game can suit most types of players.

      Now, there is of course Saints Row, which I also played. These did not do as well as GTA, but still did "ok" for them selves. Saints row tries to copy GTAIII Era a lot recently I have noticed, however for today's games it doesn't stand up, when I played SR:3 I found it too "cartoony" maybe a little childish even. Yet GTA has been like that since the beginning but I don't get that feel to it.

      I believe if SR stopped trying to be old-skool GTA and tried more to be a game of it's own, it could probably be more popular.

      Anyhows.. I think this post may be getting a bit long now.. so I am going to stop typing

      Congratulations if you managed to read this far! Here, have a cookie...
      /me gives cookie to anyone who read this post.

    50. trulex
      07-31-2012
      02:33 AM
      50

      Niko Belic is not Russian he is Serbian

    51. fromzero
      07-31-2012
      04:19 AM
      51

      Originally Posted by tuch_dis
      Ditto gambaownsu.

      How exactly is this related to PS3 hacking/dev/etc?
      I really enjoyed this article. Go play with your new eboots if reading quality articles is a chore. If this were another hellsing9 article on how everything is made in china and piracy is only cool when its free type article i would be crying like a baby right next to you but we can use more quality articles so please don't discourage it. </rant>

    52. GregoryRasputin
      07-31-2012
      04:41 AM
      52

      I think everyone went OTT in this thread, this news post is fine and very well written, GTA is a PS game, this is a PS3 site, so i don't see why people have a problem with this.

      Also i think the banning was unnecessary, remember that we are not Nazi sites like PS3N3ws or PS3Crunch, we allow people to have freedom with their speech, members like gamba and nomad are not the problem, they support the site, its insignificant peasants like rot who are the real problem.

    53. DEFAULTDNB
      07-31-2012
      04:48 AM
      53

      I'm looking forward to GTA:V

    54. Gonzakpo
      07-31-2012
      05:46 AM
      54

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      I think everyone went OTT in this thread, this news post is fine and very well written, GTA is a PS game, this is a PS3 site, so i don't see why people have a problem with this.

      Also i think the banning was unnecessary, remember that we are not Nazi sites like PS3N3ws or PS3Crunch, we allow people to have freedom with their speech, members like gamba and nomad are not the problem, they support the site, its insignificant peasants like rot who are the real problem.
      I agree with you. The banning was too much. You can't stablish a discussion with a mod if he is holding the ban hammer all the time.

      Anyway, I personally think that this opinion posts should not be front paged. I mean, they are opinions. They are subjective. Not objective news. So, I don't think that Hax should have "an opinion". Because not everyone on Hax has to agree. Imagine I post a news about how I think that chickens will rule this world in the next 3 years. And it gets front paged. Does it mean that the whole Hax believes in this? No! And that's exactly why it shouldn't be front paged. Because it doesn't represent the whole community.

      This is my opinion. You can respect me or not. But I think is too unfair to ban people for disagreeing with you. I think that Hax should limit to front page objective news. Not personal opinions.

    55. 1nsomniac
      07-31-2012
      07:11 AM
      55

      ^^ exactly what Gonzakpo has said I think the article was a little stupid to front page as it's an opinion piece & only of any real lasting interest to the author...

    56. bola08
      07-31-2012
      07:41 AM
      56

      You guys don't get anything!

      What he mean if you read between the lines is that you have to start your ps3
      and then change your account to "GOURANGA" - no quotes.

      Bam! You got yourself a 4.20 JB CFW. All cheats ready to go!

    57. Annelies
      07-31-2012
      07:56 AM
      57

      "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all." - Unknown

      A fine quote...

      Anyhow, for those of you with issues pertaining to me personally or what I post on the front page -- despite the fact that this was a one-time occurrence (lol) -- you have exactly two options:

      1. Have me removed from staff.
      2. Become a news writer and show me how it's done.


      If you do not plan on exploring either of these options, then I should kindly ask you to cease and dismiss the ruthless crusade on me and my post. If you should continue to flame me, it is likely that your time spent on these forums will be short lived.

      I have not issued one infraction and certainly have not banned any users for stating their opinions in this thread and I don't plan on it, but I will if I have to.

      From now on I'd like this thread to stay on topic. Thank you.

    58. mrc1978
      07-31-2012
      08:00 AM
      58

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all." - Unknown

      A fine quote...

      Anyhow, for those of you with issues pertaining to me personally or what I post on the front page -- despite the fact that this was a one-time occurrence (lol) -- you have exactly two options:

      1. Have me removed from staff.
      2. Become a news writer and show me how it's done.


      If you do not plan on exploring either of these options, then I should kindly ask you to cease and dismiss the ruthless crusade on me and my post. If you should continue to flame me, it is likely that your time spent on these forums will be short lived.

      I have not issued one infraction and certainly have not banned any users for stating their opinions in this thread and I don't plan on it, but I will if I have to.

      From now on I'd like this thread to stay on topic. Thank you.
      I enjoyed the read, thx Anne. For everyone else giving negative comments STFU you don't have to read it do you?

    59. japsander
      07-31-2012
      08:08 AM
      59

      @1somniac i wouldnt say "newsing" it was stupid although i would have to say it was without a doubt well written but more suited to a blog where all articles are personal views

      newsing it says "this is factual" but its just a personal opinion

      [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION] you need to let people have an opinion. an important part of journalism is taking critique otherwise it leads to censorship and fear of voicing opinions. not taking things personally and looking at things from the readers perspective too

      on topic:
      i dont agree with the message. to me, the message is clear.
      people like to drive around, shoot **** up, cause havok in games and the message is..........."do what you want and have fun, and thanks for buying the game"

    60. Pingoo
      07-31-2012
      08:27 AM
      60

      I would like to point out that Niko is from Iran



    61. Alvoca
      07-31-2012
      08:35 AM
      61

      GTA is one of rare series that is getting better with each new game released. GTA4 was a fantastic game, and I expect from GTA5 to be even better, I know rockstar would not disappoint.

    62. Ada Love Lace
      07-31-2012
      10:14 AM
      62

      Thanks you for the article,
      it s not something i can really understand but something similar across my mind.
      Video games can have the effect to keep you at home and with the feeling of having done something.
      In the case of gang and young mens, it can reduce the violence on the street outside because they already have express theirs actions in a sense trhough video game.
      Of course, there are also as pointed the message of violence being part of society or make people alone playing.

      Some Asian society have seem theirs gang culture decreasing significantly on the last 2 or 3 decade.

      About the fact it s front page, i prefer to have nice article than nothing. In this one, it s not something i can fully understand so my opinion is really basic.
      The hack around ps3 is in mature periode, we can not have every days 3 or 4 big news about next cfw.
      It s now the interesting part of community with a lot of users knowing theirs things. In fact, i read quite often ps3 scene is childish but i think it s the contrary. A lot of users know how to create pkg, what tyo edit on param.sfo, and others things you will not see in others game console community. Not even on xbox if we consider the same type of users, not the ones who need to know the system for sellling theirs expertises.


      The only thing may be was to release this article a little after. a day or two, the e3 big new.
      If you don t like the new, make a better one. And according to the amount of the comment, it s seem to have been passionate fews people.

    63. xtreme1
      07-31-2012
      10:21 AM
      63

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      The mods are professional, there is nothing wrong with how they operate here. The problem is what is being posted as news, and what isn't.
      I stand by what I said. The mods are cussing people out and flipping out over stuff like this. It's annoying; take a deep breath and say what you mean, no need to act like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Mods, like any authority figure should be the example and bigger person. I don't see them doing that here.

    64. VideoX
      07-31-2012
      11:12 AM
      64

      Originally Posted by Alvoca
      GTA is one of rare series that is getting better with each new game released. GTA4 was a fantastic game, and I expect from GTA5 to be even better, I know rockstar would not disappoint.
      Let's hope it happens that way, because lately, all the game studios are releasing incomplete games and then, later (if the game sells well), they sell to you the remaining parts.

      Rockstar Games was/is? making complete and full games (at least until GTA IV which has an expansion I think) by release date. They are a fantastic studio that put quality on top of everything. I really hope they stay the same, and not start publishing incomplete games or a lot of "mini-GTA" games quickly every year (like in episodes or some **** like that).

    65. stuck?
      07-31-2012
      11:16 AM
      65

      Attention

      READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! MY POST DOES NOT CONTAIN CFW OR PS3 HACKS! JUST MY HONEST-TO-GOODNESS OPINION





      Originally Posted by donglehater
      The new American dream is to make fast money at any cost whether that be from the sale of drugs, prostitution, theft or even contract murder.............no matter tiz just a game till you read about something similar in the paper or hear about it on the news.
      BANG-THE-FUQ-ON!!!!!!! There is no other opinion or fact :P The "dream" is all about getting rich quick and not caring who you step on to get there. (I'm kind of sarcastic saying that there is no other option, but i STRONGLY feel that this is 100% truth)

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      Thank for this amazing news. Now we can finally crack 4.21 and get the CFW we have been waiting for!

      Oh wait... we can't.
      Your statement makes it feel like the general population just cares about piracy/wanting their warez and playing the latest games.

      Oh wait... that's exactly what it is.... It's depressing (depressing is the state of the scene, gimme gimme gimme warez warez warez).

      Originally Posted by xtreme1
      the mods are pretty unprofessional around here... thats pretty disappointing... 'cept pirate, love that dood.
      Originally Posted by xtreme1
      The mods are cussing people out and flipping out over stuff like this. It's annoying; take a deep breath and say what you mean, no need to act like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Mods, like any authority figure should be the example and bigger person. I don't see them doing that here.
      I've brought this up in the past too because as yourself, I feel mods should be held on a higher podium than the general users. Not because they are superior in any way, but because they are the "authority figure" and somebody has to be the parent and hold their children's hands.

      Originally Posted by nomad098
      only professional mod is pirate and greg
      I do my best not to get my panties in a knot, and always try to reason with people logically and without anger/violence. Some people just are so ignorant and bullheaded that they WILL NOT LISTEN. The only way to deal with those people is to get mad and arse-y.

      Haven't had any problems with you personally, nor even indirectly.. can't see what I did for you to hate me so much (even though I'm now replying to a banned user).

      I'm not one for singling people out but, when did I become a turd

      Originally Posted by psyki
      wow... have you people never heard of an opinion piece and why is it the same few complaining about the same topic! and if u see this article as irrelevant then why add irrelevant posts?... its kinda like fighting fire with flame
      2 thumbs up!

      Something I wanted to say from the first comment on this thread I read: OPINION PIECES AND EDITORIALS. MOST MAJOR NEWSPAPERS HAVE THEM (IF NOT ALL). and.. you can kind of call this place a newspaper or news site (well it IS A NEWS SITE). People don't particularly agree with opinions and editorials but we have them to provide alternate views on things as well as gain different perspective and information.

      If you don't like something you don't have to get all floppy penis lipped and complain because IT'S NOT NEW CFW COMING OUT.

      Jesus christ, there's more to the PS3 than just your fu__cking warez and video games.

      And for the same few people complaining every god damn time about how something is not news because it's not CFW or hack related, I have 2 words for you:

      Fluff your duff.

    66. Dasanko
      07-31-2012
      12:09 PM
      66

      Originally Posted by stuck?
      Something I wanted to say from the first comment on this thread I read: OPINION PIECES AND EDITORIALS. MOST MAJOR NEWSPAPERS HAVE THEM (IF NOT ALL).
      Sure they do, but not on the front page, which is the major issue here.

    67. stuck?
      07-31-2012
      12:46 PM
      67

      Originally Posted by Dasanko
      Sure they do, but not on the front page, which is the major issue here.
      For the life of me, I really fail to see WHY it's such a "major issue"? (not saying that I disagree, because a little tiny part of me understands the whole PS3/Hack relation thing to front-paging..but...don't know why so many people's nipples are hard as rock over this).

      If PS3Hax ONLY front-paged CFW/WAREZ news, there wouldn't be too much to put up. So let's just let there be no news for a month or two.

      Then, people will complain that nobody has front paged anything.

      I realize everybody is finally understanding that they too, have an opinion.

      I realize everybody is finally understanding that they too, have a brain and can think for themselves.

      I realize everybody is finally understanding that they too, have rights.

      what I don't understand is why people feel they are owed everything because they have a different opinion or believe different things so other people need to accommodate for them?

      This brings me back to a book I've read throughout my childhood and adulthood:



      WHY is this such an issue? Because your thoughts (understood as everybody) and my thoughts are all different. THEREFORE it's just one giant paradox.

      Your news my news we will never have any news or front page because we all have different opinions on what should or shouldn't be front paged.

      My suggestion is to skip over it. Take a direct route to the forum instead of ps3hax.net taking you to the front page.

      People's criticism has and will be taken into consideration; but when people are just being dicks and intentionally trying to start something, well... again.. fluff your duff. (these last comments were not directed at you personally @Dasanko )

      Damn, now I want to write a completely NON-CFW article and get somebody to front-page it. Maybe I can do one about the psychology and mental make up of ps3 scene kids.

      hope i didn't upset anybody

    68. berneslai
      07-31-2012
      12:54 PM
      68

      Cool story bro'

    69. hamtah
      07-31-2012
      01:11 PM
      69

      Originally Posted by stuck?

      Attention

      READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! MY POST DOES NOT CONTAIN CFW OR PS3 HACKS! JUST MY HONEST-TO-GOODNESS OPINION







      BANG-THE-FUQ-ON!!!!!!! There is no other opinion or fact :P The "dream" is all about getting rich quick and not caring who you step on to get there. (I'm kind of sarcastic saying that there is no other option, but i STRONGLY feel that this is 100% truth)



      Your statement makes it feel like the general population just cares about piracy/wanting their warez and playing the latest games.

      Oh wait... that's exactly what it is.... It's depressing (depressing is the state of the scene, gimme gimme gimme warez warez warez).





      I've brought this up in the past too because as yourself, I feel mods should be held on a higher podium than the general users. Not because they are superior in any way, but because they are the "authority figure" and somebody has to be the parent and hold their children's hands.



      I do my best not to get my panties in a knot, and always try to reason with people logically and without anger/violence. Some people just are so ignorant and bullheaded that they WILL NOT LISTEN. The only way to deal with those people is to get mad and arse-y.

      Haven't had any problems with you personally, nor even indirectly.. can't see what I did for you to hate me so much (even though I'm now replying to a banned user).

      I'm not one for singling people out but, when did I become a turd



      2 thumbs up!

      Something I wanted to say from the first comment on this thread I read: OPINION PIECES AND EDITORIALS. MOST MAJOR NEWSPAPERS HAVE THEM (IF NOT ALL). and.. you can kind of call this place a newspaper or news site (well it IS A NEWS SITE). People don't particularly agree with opinions and editorials but we have them to provide alternate views on things as well as gain different perspective and information.

      If you don't like something you don't have to get all floppy penis lipped and complain because IT'S NOT NEW CFW COMING OUT.

      Jesus christ, there's more to the PS3 than just your fu__cking warez and video games.

      And for the same few people complaining every god damn time about how something is not news because it's not CFW or hack related, I have 2 words for you:

      Fluff your duff.
      You what is funny? You and the other three do not know how to read. I am saying, for the millionth time, I DO NOT CARE IF THE OPINIONS ARE ON THIS SITE.

      I did not say I wanted a CFW, I did not say I wanted to pirate, I did not say I want this website opinion free. Do I need to spell out the above for you, or do you finally understand?

      You made a good example about newspapers having opinions, but the way you used it was wrong. When was the last time you say an opinion on the FRONT PAGE. FRONT PAGE. FRONT PAGE. FRONT PAGE. GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD. I am not trying to rant here, or am I talking caps for anger, but simply have the words caps and bolded so they catch your attention. Newspapers do not have opinions on the front page, they have hard news stories, and do not try to challenge me with what is an hard story and what belongs on the front of a newspaper or not, I have taken a course Journalism.

      I want Annelies opinion peices on this site, just not on the front page like every other news website out there. Am I the one to decide this? No. If they continue posting, do I care? No. I have already said what I had to say on this thread, which is why I appologized for derailing this topic.

    70. stuck?
      07-31-2012
      02:13 PM
      70

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      You what is funny? You and the other three do not know how to read. I am saying, for the millionth time, I DO NOT CARE IF THE OPINIONS ARE ON THIS SITE.
      Dude, I don't think YOU read MY post. I never once singled you out saying that YOU want opinions off the front page. I just said that your comment makes it sound like everybody wants CFW/warez.

      I may have worded it wrong and I apologize for that, but I did not once say any of which you are accusing me of.

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      I did not say I wanted a CFW, I did not say I wanted to pirate, I did not say I want this website opinion free. Do I need to spell out the above for you, or do you finally understand?
      I guess i dont understand because nowhere before did you say those things, so nowhere before did i put those words into your mouth? This is what I quoted and commented on:

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      Thank for this amazing news. Now we can finally crack 4.21 and get the CFW we have been waiting for!

      Oh wait... we can't.
      That was EXACTLY WHAT I QUOTED THE FIRST TIME. You are right, nowhere were you talking about cfw/pirate/opinion/etc. I just commented on your comment. How it makes it sound like people just want warez. YOUR COMMENT. YOUR COMMENT YOUR COMMENT. NOT YOU. NOT YOU!!!! If it were somebody else who said it I would say the same exact thing. I used it to describe a general stank coming from the scene; not diving into a psuedo psychoanalytical process of your character derived some some forum post. I will leave that to the real shrinks.

      I'm glad you've taken a journalism course. Maybe you can possibly help contribute to news posts in the future? Experience is never a bad thing. But, where did I challenge you?

      In regards to the whole front page thing.. I honestly didn't know that we had to do things by the book like that? is there a written rule somewhere where news sites HAVE TO ADHERE TO A SPECIFIC AND STRICT table of carrying things out?

      This is some dude's site. If he wants to put an opinion piece up, and let people by all means. This isn't The World News or any national publication. It's read by ps3 nerds and people who are interested in generally ps3 hacking/cracking/general related things.

      front page front page front page front page front page front page front page opinion yeah i get it. I don't agree or disagree though. So back off, please.

      AGAIN I WILL RE-ITERATE, my previous post WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU AS A PERSON OR USER. I just quoted you because I thought that your comment summed up what the general population thinks.

      Sorry for that.

      Keep your thoughts to yourself I guess (or to myself I should say).

      I keep telling myself not to get caught up in this internet drama... things like these are too f_cking stupid to get worked up over.

      Agree to disagree, I'm done. Sorry for the trouble. G'day.

    71. hamtah
      07-31-2012
      03:46 PM
      71

      Originally Posted by stuck?
      Dude, I don't think YOU read MY post. I never once singled you out saying that YOU want opinions off the front page. I just said that your comment makes it sound like everybody wants CFW/warez.

      I may have worded it wrong and I apologize for that, but I did not once say any of which you are accusing me of.



      I guess i dont understand because nowhere before did you say those things, so nowhere before did i put those words into your mouth? This is what I quoted and commented on:



      That was EXACTLY WHAT I QUOTED THE FIRST TIME. You are right, nowhere were you talking about cfw/pirate/opinion/etc. I just commented on your comment. How it makes it sound like people just want warez. YOUR COMMENT. YOUR COMMENT YOUR COMMENT. NOT YOU. NOT YOU!!!! If it were somebody else who said it I would say the same exact thing. I used it to describe a general stank coming from the scene; not diving into a psuedo psychoanalytical process of your character derived some some forum post. I will leave that to the real shrinks.

      I'm glad you've taken a journalism course. Maybe you can possibly help contribute to news posts in the future? Experience is never a bad thing. But, where did I challenge you?

      In regards to the whole front page thing.. I honestly didn't know that we had to do things by the book like that? is there a written rule somewhere where news sites HAVE TO ADHERE TO A SPECIFIC AND STRICT table of carrying things out?

      This is some dude's site. If he wants to put an opinion piece up, and let people by all means. This isn't The World News or any national publication. It's read by ps3 nerds and people who are interested in generally ps3 hacking/cracking/general related things.

      front page front page front page front page front page front page front page opinion yeah i get it. I don't agree or disagree though. So back off, please.

      AGAIN I WILL RE-ITERATE, my previous post WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU AS A PERSON OR USER. I just quoted you because I thought that your comment summed up what the general population thinks.

      Sorry for that.

      Keep your thoughts to yourself I guess (or to myself I should say).

      I keep telling myself not to get caught up in this internet drama... things like these are too f_cking stupid to get worked up over.

      Agree to disagree, I'm done. Sorry for the trouble. G'day.
      Your post wasn't clear about what and who you were talking to. It felt like you were directly talking to me by saying how I just want warez. My apoligies for misinterpreting your post.

      I understand there is no official rule of what goes on the front page and what doesn't, but I was simply stating what I felt about all these opinion peices. To be honest, there were no opinion peices on the front page before hellsing9became a moderator, and I liked it that way. I go on PS3HaX everyday to expect some progress or news on the scene, and if I see an opinion peice about how boobs should or should not be in video games, I assume that maybe on of the Ps3 Devs have stopped contributing because he is going on a boob protest.

      Anyways, I don't care if hellsing9 or Annelies continue to post their opinions. I've said what I had to say on this thread, and if they want to pretend like my posts never existed, then let them.

    72. stuck?
      07-31-2012
      04:06 PM
      72

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      Your post wasn't clear about what and who you were talking to. It felt like you were directly talking to me by saying how I just want warez. My apoligies for misinterpreting your post.
      I'm the one who should apologize; I write the same way I speak.. sort of. Even in the real world I substitute uncommon words in place of common words and don't fully articulate my thoughts into speech; more so like a visual puzzle with sounds.

      I just lumped the quotes all in one section because (in my head) they all held relevance to each other and to what I wanted to say. Again, coming down to the way I talk. I do apologize.

      Originally Posted by hamtah
      I understand there is no official rule of what goes on the front page and what doesn't, but I was simply stating what I felt about all these opinion peices. To be honest, there were no opinion peices on the front page before hellsing9became a moderator, and I liked it that way.
      And I know exactly what you mean. There's no problem with stating how you feel about something. Just know that you will (in all likelyhood) piss somebody off no matter how gentle you put things. That's my experience anyway....

      I was more targeting nomad and gambow(whateverspellinghisnameisguywhoisnowbanned) in the sense that the way they approached the whole fiasco was un-nice and just out to grind gears.

      However, rather than form a narrow, negative or positive view on the whole spin, I chose simply to accept it and think of it as evolution in a way. The world is always changing and evolving. It's good to change things up a bit sometimes. If things were the same thing all the time we wouldn't get anywhere different or have new music to listen to (or hate). We wouldn't have ugly boobies and awesome boobies. We may even only have wiener.

      But I get it. It's not normal by any means when you put everything into "meat and potatoe" like (basic) situations. Sometimes the "different" makes people/places/things stand out and helps to attract a different base of people.

      And, no, I've never seen an opinion piece on the front page of a newspaper.

    73. itskamel
      07-31-2012
      07:53 PM
      73

      Originally Posted by stuck?
      Dude, I don't think YOU read MY post. I never once singled you out saying that YOU want opinions off the front page. I just said that your comment makes it sound like everybody wants CFW/warez.
      WAIT! am i lost? is that not what we want? :D

    74. hellsing9
      07-31-2012
      08:15 PM
      74

      Originally Posted by Gonzakpo
      I agree with you. The banning was too much. You can't stablish a discussion with a mod if he is holding the ban hammer all the time.

      Anyway, I personally think that this opinion posts should not be front paged. I mean, they are opinions. They are subjective. Not objective news. So, I don't think that Hax should have "an opinion". Because not everyone on Hax has to agree. Imagine I post a news about how I think that chickens will rule this world in the next 3 years. And it gets front paged. Does it mean that the whole Hax believes in this? No! And that's exactly why it shouldn't be front paged. Because it doesn't represent the whole community.

      This is my opinion. You can respect me or not. But I think is too unfair to ban people for disagreeing with you. I think that Hax should limit to front page objective news. Not personal opinions.
      Simple, you can't sustain a conversation with an user and two more talking **** and using their judgment in = instead of ignore or lift a proper complain about *abuse of power* they start to derail, about how ****ed up is the article posted and how it not news.

      So it's 10 time better bash me or bash the article and let me snap from my position and start to *correct* patterns.

      Si no sabes chabon, callate Queres meter tu punto de vista. Levanta una queja o fijate que queres hacer pero no des mas vuelta es la segunda que te engancho verdugueando donde NO te llamaron.

      Cheers.

      Originally Posted by japsander
      @1somniac i wouldnt say "newsing" it was stupid although i would have to say it was without a doubt well written but more suited to a blog where all articles are personal views

      newsing it says "this is factual" but its just a personal opinion

      [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION] you need to let people have an opinion. an important part of journalism is taking critique otherwise it leads to censorship and fear of voicing opinions. not taking things personally and looking at things from the readers perspective too

      on topic:
      i dont agree with the message. to me, the message is clear.
      people like to drive around, shoot **** up, cause havok in games and the message is..........."do what you want and have fun, and thanks for buying the game"
      I was MENTIONED on this thread, and when i see 3 hyenas triangulating certain spot to start a flame where is none, i use the god damn hammer that you also own as many other before me had.
      I don't regret doing it to so.
      If that were the case in any article i frontpage most of the messages that i don't like you will see deleted, edited, etc..you see that?. Me, no.

      ----------------------------------

      You know what's the problem and not's even ME that's the biggest joke of all:

      1) The longgggggg wait for a solution, (i experienced that as any user of hax) some HONEST response about what's being happening since early 2011.

      2) Changes, people and users alike don't accept changes or don't want them to happen. I can understand that, i wanted to change a little bit the course of the frontpaged articles because i feel so. Not a personal *rant* just a point view of what i see being posted on a daily basis.

      3) When people sees an article with some mixed up and *wrong* or *right* statements and it's not about the PS3 per se but about some behaviours in the community (that it's part of the whole scenario). They get mad!! Because they think im voicing my personal frustration as an user with an s-mod status.

      As i say many times if you don't like the editorial that the s-mod uses = ignore it.
      I bet that if this happens to greg's will ended worst than in a infract or *ban* vacation.

      So long story short, even if most of you disagree in my way of acting on THIS thread. You can't blame for use the hammer.
      I was in WORST situations and the ones who KNOWS me can really check that im not lying.
      I used it, because as same as some of you i got grow tired of deal with *scarce news syndrome* and what you think a *blog type article*, i grow tired on that moment of users commenting anything NOT related to the topic starting in the first page.

      Thanks.

      P.s: Im HUMAN too, not a friggin bot. I have other things to attend to or do, and when i come here it's breathe some *fresh virtual* air and all i found is unnecessary violence. Make me snap, deal with the consequences as i dealt many times before.

      Peace

      Out

      YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS - George Carlin - YouTube

    75. stuck?
      08-01-2012
      10:24 AM
      75

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      2) Changes, people and users alike don't accept changes or don't want them to happen.
      I'm not any kind of fan of changes; big or small. I live my life trying to keep everything organized how I like it with as little change as possible haha.

      But changes let us evolve, and move forward. If we don't change it can only hold us back from new and different (with possibly better) things.

      My friend mentioned the other night about how America (specifically named from the article he read) doesn't dream big anymore. How 50-60 years ago they would dream big, and conceptualize all kinds of groovy and cool, adventurous ideas/products. Then all of a sudden, everything became more and more about the money and less and less about how we can evolve and move on.

      People these days lack direction, creativity and motivation. In all seriousness, I can't really blame anybody or myself for feeling that way as it's been a long time in the making.

    76. hellsing9
      08-01-2012
      10:40 AM
      76

      Originally Posted by stuck?
      I'm not any kind of fan of changes; big or small. I live my life trying to keep everything organized how I like it with as little change as possible haha.

      But changes let us evolve, and move forward. If we don't change it can only hold us back from new and different (with possibly better) things.

      My friend mentioned the other night about how America (specifically named from the article he read) doesn't dream big anymore. How 50-60 years ago they would dream big, and conceptualize all kinds of groovy and cool, adventurous ideas/products. Then all of a sudden, everything became more and more about the money and less and less about how we can evolve and move on.

      People these days lack direction, creativity and motivation. In all seriousness, I can't really blame anybody or myself for feeling that way as it's been a long time in the making.
      Changes makes people mad. Because if you tell someone to stop on his daily rutine of going to work/school/etc for 5 minutes only to think what he done or why he is doing certain task and they will don't know how to reply to that or they will go into a defensive position.

      We are *machines* and in the worst case just numbers, to repeat something over and over again.
      The one who wants to fight against that tidal wave of people that already has an imaginary chip on their heads and makes responses like a answering machine...well the odds are too many to count and to process and *kill*.

      You can't free yourself from payed slavery as work. You have to play by their own rules, even in a friggin game.
      But there are people that are open minded, and try to make that change.
      Shame that if they don't have enough *stamina* to keep it going they will end being a mediocre individual like the rest.

      People always get's mad/angry (and show signs of fear) about a change because you don't know, you have no control over that.
      The fear of the unknown, what will happen?!?.

      But well, i embrace that kind of changes even if they are for worst. I can see the bright side of things sometimes.
      But some users don't fully understand that being in a community can generate certain *stress*, you have to engage sometimes others don't, others recieve an unwelcome message about something you did right.
      You are the primary objective to any kind of virulent commentary.
      And here as any board is the same.

      If you don't engage and you don't go by the rules (you can bend them time to time) you don't get respect.
      Now me being a moderator if i *fail* on my book of *laws and rules* i have to face some consequences. (happened before).

      But above all that, im human not a damn bot.
      Like you or anybody here. You being a mod don't means that you are demi-god in this lands.
      You are an user with the power to correct some patterns and *clean* the board from spam or whatever you want and can do.

      That's the part that bothers me, we have to deliver always but they don't go easy on us.
      Sometimes happens the *fight the autorithy* situation because the user/s had a bad day, well. Not my problem xD

    77. GregoryRasputin
      08-01-2012
      10:46 AM
      77

      [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION] i prefer not to ban someone, unless they really deserve it, i prefer to talk it over with them or infract.

    78. hellsing9
      08-01-2012
      10:55 AM
      78

      Originally Posted by GregoryRasputin
      [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION] i prefer not to ban someone, unless they really deserve it, i prefer to talk it over with them or infract.
      I know your position and i know how you move greg, you are 10 times faster than me. And you know how i move at this rate. (how many months moderating and with s-mod, not too much but enough *experience* bad/mediocre/well to know how i move in here)
      The situation was given this way *sadly* i infracted because is part of our *job* to do it. Sometimes i abused of the infracts (you warned me).

      But this situation on this thread really crossed a limit.
      If the OP in this case [MENTION=109298]Annelies[/MENTION] in the first or 3 posts that he recieved was the same ol' story = *This is no PS3 news*.
      Well im tired to engage or read the same broken record all over again.
      In ONE day.

      Maybe was not my call, i can undo my wrong and i can talk later.
      But again (you know better than me) that i learned what i know today in the *worst* way.

      But this comments that i infracted, except *hamtah* were very stupid and you can't talk with someone who is constant denial. (not me).
      I warned, then infracted.

      I repeat i know that you don't like to infract and ban but sometimes when talking don't work or insulting each other (i started as you saw) don't worked neither to put a brake on the situation an infract is given.

      Im tired of repeat the same, if someone is not comfortable with my labor here.
      Grow a pair of balls to the user who can't stand me and lift a proper complain about my behaviour on the proper section.
      If not, well. I don't have much to say anymore about this.

    79. calagan
      08-03-2012
      10:14 AM
      79

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      "...you have exactly two options:

      1. Have me removed from staff.
      2. Become a news writer and show me how it's done.
      Posting an opinion piece on the front page is okay on a slow day, but not the day E3 announces that the PS3 scene is finally moving

      Although the article is quite decently written, one could probably argue that Pac-Man or Super Mario conveys the same message as GTA

      Stating "I'll post whatever I want on the front-page" should indeed get you removed from the staff.

    80. GraVoX959
      08-03-2012
      11:13 AM
      80

      Hmmm well I did actually read this and it was well written..
      I myself dont play GTA for any spiritual enlightenment or to learn more about myself, Im already an undeniable success story.
      I like it to escape the real world and to do things I would usually be incarcerated for.

      On to the offtopic which now seems to be the topic.. When I was supermod at crunch and had news posting rights, I certainly was tempted to post opinion pieces but held back as it just didnt seem "ethical" to me.. not to mention I cant write my way out of a wet paper bag.
      Instead I spent my time scouring repos and small sites, etc trying to find anything related to PS3 or any of the other systems I owned or was interested in that had sections at crunch.
      All of that is now gone when I left and asked for all my posts to be deleted
      That's just me though.. I love end-user code and like to spread the word about it.

      In the end though the front page article is usually just a couple lines.. if you cant tell by that if its worth reading or not then you need to work on your comprehension skills.
      I personally have the forum bookmarked at all the sites.. I havent looked at any of the front pages for ages.. dont see the point myself.
      I also try not to read opinion pieces, as the old saying goes "opinions are like a$$holes... everyone has one and sometimes they stink"

      (btw go repo surfing.. theres still plenty of life in this ol ps3scene for us brew nerds!)