• General , 29.11.2012

     

     

    MGS 4 guns of the patriots the iconic game for PS3, the main reason many users bought the system was *in danger* for some hours/days because there were rumours about MGS 4 25th Anniversay edition coming to XBOX 360.
    As a hardcore fan of MGS series, only the IDEA of seeing MGS 4 on Xbox 360 makes my angry.
    Why?: Well i have some crazy theory that might be right.

    When MGS 4 was released back on 2007 (if i recall well) and many adverts on youtube, trailers, etc about the game potential and inside jokes in the game like the one *Time to swap discs from Otakon* ;) We knew back then that Kojima was making some beautiful art piece using Sony’s Hardware. Promoting as well *RAW* power of CELL processor and many other features that PS3 have.
    So *Losing* this game getting ported to another console, it’s a situation that will anger many users around the globe meaning we lost the most exclusive, epic game for our PS3.

    I hold my breath for a while and checked many sources as i could to find out that *rumour* got debunked. So long story short = MGS 4 25th Anniversary edition WILL NOT GET RELEASED ON XBOX 360.

    To quote:

    Konami has confirmed that it has no plans to release the 25th anniversary edition of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on Xbox 360.

    This isn’t the first time the rumor’s popped up, but this time there was good reason: New Zealand website Mightyape listed Metal Gear Solid 4: 25th Anniversary Edition as a multiplatform title, prompting Konami to once again clarify that the game is only coming out on PS3.

    So yeah: Metal Gear Solid 4: 25th Anniversary Edition is and always has been a PS3 exclusive. It’s coming out later this month at an excellent budget price.

     

    P.s: Don’t get me wrong i love Xbox 360 too but it’s like Halo being ported to PS3. (You know what i mean).

    [Source] = Complex

    Discuss in Forums (49)


  • 49 Comments

    1. pezao
      11-29-2012
      10:30 AM
      1

      Originally Posted by hellsing9




      MGS 4 guns of the patriots the iconic game for PS3, the ... [Read More]
      kkkkkkkkk

    2. stevorkz
      11-29-2012
      10:38 AM
      2

      Not to mention there are quite a few things in the game that would have to be changed in order for it to be put on 360.

      Such as the cutscene where Otocon mentions swapping disks and that you are playing on a ps3.
      And what about psycho mantis going on about the dualshock controller and the images of the first playstation? Epic entries that xbox fanboys would never get. Also when using the mark 2 would you see a PS3 control in snakes hand controlling it or would they change it to an xbox control?

      The game has Playstation written ALL over it.

    3. CaptainCPS-X
      11-29-2012
      10:48 AM
      3

      Metal Gear Solid is definitely one of the top masterpieces of the video game industry.

      First game I bought for my PS3 when I finally got it was MGS4, for the PS2 my first game was MGS2 and when I discovered MGS1 on the PS1 it was like holy **** I will love this game forever!

      So yeah would be angry to see MGS on other systems.

      I have no doubt that for the PS4 we will have MGS5 (Ground Zeroes) as a big exclusive and reason to get the console (at least for me hehe)

      SeeYa!

    4. anan_desni
      11-29-2012
      10:50 AM
      4

      Yet, how Konami would describe PSX MMC changed into hard drive.

    5. hellsing9
      11-29-2012
      10:58 AM
      5

      I don't have any problems with ground zeroes going multi.
      But MGS 4 has to stay on PS3, only to think that they want to port it to Xbox 360 makes my angry

      But i HOPE that won't happen.

    6. stevorkz
      11-29-2012
      10:59 AM
      6

      Originally Posted by CaptainCPS-X
      I have no doubt that for the PS4 we will have MGS5 (Ground Zeroes) as a big exclusive and reason to get the console (at least for me hehe)
      Ive read from more than one source that Ground Zero is a prologue to MGS5 and not MGS5. Also it will be released for PS3 not for PS4 and will be released on both PS3 and 360 AND pc thanx [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION]

    7. hellsing9
      11-29-2012
      11:01 AM
      7

      Originally Posted by stevorkz
      Ive read from more than one source that Ground Zero is a prologue to MGS5 and not MGS5. Also it will be released for PS3 not for PS4 and will be released on both PS3 and 360
      And PC.

    8. stevorkz
      11-29-2012
      11:01 AM
      8

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      I don't have any problems with ground zeroes going multi.
      Me neither. But just watch. MGS5 WILL be a Playstation exclusive.

    9. AsSiTcH
      11-29-2012
      11:01 AM
      9

      I just got MGS4 and I have never played anything in the series. Should I play the beginning games first?

    10. hellsing9
      11-29-2012
      11:04 AM
      10

      Originally Posted by AsSiTcH
      I just got MGS4 and I have never played anything in the series. Should I play the beginning games first?
      I played the first one on Playstation (Japanese..) haha was a pain in the arse to understand but i loved the game.

      Just pick anyone that you like (even the PSP one peace walker)
      Or the HD collection and then MGS 4.
      It's not some specific retorical order to play them to understand what's about.

      You can go for MGS 4 all the way and if you like it and get the HD collection.



      ====================

      [MENTION=200303]stevorkz[/MENTION] No DOUBT about that. MGS 5 = PS3 hyper exclusive. Ground zeroes (multi) just to keep us entertained meanwhile MGS 5 is on the way.

    11. stevorkz
      11-29-2012
      11:05 AM
      11

      [MENTION=96919]AsSiTcH[/MENTION] You could play MGS4 first but all its going to do is make you want to play the other games and when you do you're going to wish you rather played them first. So if you willing to wait awhile to dig into 4 I recommend you play the others

    12. Annelies
      11-29-2012
      11:19 AM
      12

      I'm so glad its not coming to Xbox. Sooooo glad.

      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

    13. BobbyBlunt
      11-29-2012
      11:20 AM
      13

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      P.s: Don’t get me wrong i love Xbox 360 too but it’s like Halo being ported to PS3. (You know what i mean).
      Not a valid comparison at all considering 360 gets other MGS games like the HD collection and Rising. We will never see 4 on the 360, and this I do agree with but I doubt MGS5 will be an exclusive to one platform.

    14. hellsing9
      11-29-2012
      11:45 AM
      14

      Originally Posted by BobbyBlunt
      Not a valid comparison at all considering 360 gets other MGS games like the HD collection and Rising. We will never see 4 on the 360, and this I do agree with but I doubt MGS5 will be an exclusive to one platform.
      It's only speculation for the time being.
      But tell me the truth, you would hate to see Halo 4 on PS3.
      (I will hate that).
      Idk about MGS 5 but if with ground zeroes he gone multi, i think..MGS 5 will be another exclusive for PS3. Otherwise they will ruin a whole franchise and sony some heavy weight game if Kojima (Konami) chooses to go multi on MGS 5.

    15. fanboysarestupid
      11-29-2012
      11:47 AM
      15

      Can't say I'm bummed, my favourite Metal Gear Solid is Peace Walker which is available on PSP/PS3/X360, and besides, I'm more a fan of Splinter Cell than MGS.

    16. stevorkz
      11-29-2012
      11:48 AM
      16

      Originally Posted by BobbyBlunt
      Not a valid comparison at all considering 360 gets other MGS games like the HD collection and Rising. We will never see 4 on the 360, and this I do agree with but I doubt MGS5 will be an exclusive to one platform.
      Its just the way Konami works. They let 2 and 3 slide to the xbox because they are old games. But they would never release an official MGS (1,2,3,4,5) multi platform on launch. Sony is paying them alot of money to keep MGS a playstation brand. In fact Hideo has already stated that while he does like the xbox console and its structure he loves playstation too much and the only reason why MGS is on the xbox is because he believes everyone should enjoy his games no matter what flavour console. So from the sounds of things, he too wants xboxers to play games like peace walker and go playstation in order to get the other games. Marketing at its best. Peace walker, Ground Zero, Rising...they arent official chapters they're prologues and when an Xbox player plays these they will want to play the other games and consider buying a Playstation.

    17. hellsing9
      11-29-2012
      11:54 AM
      17





      He is the *Boss*

    18. BobbyBlunt
      11-29-2012
      11:57 AM
      18

      Originally Posted by Annelies
      I'm so glad its not coming to Xbox. Sooooo glad.

      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
      It is obvious I have come to prefer my 360 but MGS4 on 360 would be just insulting..... besides I dont want a 5 disc game

    19. fanboysarestupid
      11-29-2012
      12:11 PM
      19

      Originally Posted by BobbyBlunt
      It is obvious I have come to prefer my 360 but MGS4 on 360 would be just insulting..... besides I dont want a 5 disc game
      Discs will eventually be phased out and digital format will be the only way for gaming/films/music/all, still, for now companies still use the physical format (discs/cards).

    20. FreakAlchemist
      11-29-2012
      12:13 PM
      20

      Originally Posted by BobbyBlunt
      It is obvious I have come to prefer my 360 but MGS4 on 360 would be just insulting..... besides I dont want a 5 disc game
      Thats just for the cut scenes.

    21. CaptainCPS-X
      11-29-2012
      12:14 PM
      21

      Originally Posted by BobbyBlunt
      Not a valid comparison at all considering 360 gets other MGS games like the HD collection and Rising. We will never see 4 on the 360, and this I do agree with but I doubt MGS5 will be an exclusive to one platform.
      I think [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION] is right, and exclusive has always been PlayStation (excluding NES version).

      Metal Gear Solid 1
      * PlayStation (Oct 21, 1998)
      - GameBoy Color (Apr 24, 2000)
      - PC (Sep 24, 2000)
      - GameCube (Mar 9, 2004) [released as remake, MGS: The Twin Snakes]

      Metal Gear Solid VR
      * PlayStation (Sep 30, 1999)

      Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
      * PlayStation 2 (Nov 12, 2001)
      - XBOX (Nov 4, 2002) [released as MGS 2: Substance]
      - PlayStation 2 (Mar 3, 2003) [2nd released as MGS 2: Substance]
      - PC (Mar 27, 2003)

      Metal Gear Solid 2: Subsistence
      * PlayStation 2 (Mar 14, 2006)

      Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
      * PlayStation 2 (Nov 17, 2004)

      Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
      * PlayStation 3 (Jun 12, 2008)

      Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
      * PlayStation 3 (Feb 19, 2013)
      * XBOX360 (Feb 19, 2013)
      - PC (TBA)

      Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
      * PlayStation 3 (TBA 2013)
      * XBOX360 (TBA 2013)
      - PC (TBA 2013)

      Note: I just mentioned the main games of the series, didn't mention portable editions, etc.

      So, the only 2 non-exclusive games are those that haven't been released yet, but if we give a deep look back we can clearly see that Metal Gear Solid is a PlayStation exclusive title, they are just being considerate recently with other consoles, but fan base and most of the people who are gonna support the future of MGS are the PlayStation users.

      SeeYa!

    22. krillen
      11-29-2012
      12:18 PM
      22

      I wonder what the difference is with MGS 4 and MGS 4 25th Anniversary edition? Are the differences the epic entries like the cutscene where Otocon mentions swapping disks and that you are playing on a ps3, psycho mantis going on about the dualshock controller, the images of the first playstation, and when using the mark 2 would you see a PS3 control in snakes hand. Is that the only difference in them? I know it might sound dumb but I am unsure so I ask.

    23. AsSiTcH
      11-29-2012
      01:21 PM
      23

      Is there any MGS I dont need to play? I hear it is so epic, I wanna do it right, lol.

    24. YOUSS84
      11-29-2012
      01:44 PM
      24

      Best game ever,,,,,,
      after HOMEFRONT of course!

    25. Cheesethief
      11-29-2012
      01:44 PM
      25

      Originally Posted by AsSiTcH
      Is there any MGS I dont need to play? I hear it is so epic, I wanna do it right, lol.
      VR Missions can be pretty boring. More of an extra really.

      The MGS AC!D games are pretty terrible.

      Durr hurr sent from Derpatalk 2

    26. marty370
      11-29-2012
      02:41 PM
      26

      Originally Posted by stevorkz
      Not to mention there are quite a few things in the game that would have to be changed in order for it to be put on 360.

      Such as the cutscene where Otocon mentions swapping disks and that you are playing on a ps3.
      And what about psycho mantis going on about the dualshock controller and the images of the first playstation? Epic entries that xbox fanboys would never get. Also when using the mark 2 would you see a PS3 control in snakes hand controlling it or would they change it to an xbox control?

      The game has Playstation written ALL over it.
      Exactly, that 'Swapping disk cut seen, is clearly taking the pi## out of 360 lack of disk space on DVD. It wouldn't be right too rewrite the storyline just to make it for 360(and ofcourse a 360 version would require multiple disks and swapping....LOL).

    27. fanboysarestupid
      11-29-2012
      02:59 PM
      27

      Originally Posted by stevorkz
      Not to mention there are quite a few things in the game that would have to be changed in order for it to be put on 360.

      Such as the cutscene where Otocon mentions swapping disks and that you are playing on a ps3.
      And what about psycho mantis going on about the dualshock controller and the images of the first playstation? Epic entries that xbox fanboys would never get. Also when using the mark 2 would you see a PS3 control in snakes hand controlling it or would they change it to an xbox control?

      The game has Playstation written ALL over it.
      So anyone that owns an Xbox is an Xbox fanboy?

      I guess this makes me a Sega fanboy, a Nintendo fanboy, a Microsoft fanboy, a Sinclair fanboy and a Sony fanboy. Right because by owning a console(s) it isn't a user/gamer but a fanboy according to you.

      Despite the idiocy of 'fanboy', you've pointed out it's a PlayStation game which is correct and it should be no surprise that it's a PS3 exclusive. Anyone who's an MGS fan probably owns a PlayStation 1/2/3 just for the MGS games.

      The MGS game I'm most looking forward to now is Metal Gear Rising. Still no public demo... x_x

      Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - E3 2012 Exclusive Trailer - YouTube

      I'm definitely buying Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance just so freaking awesome.

    28. crazelunatic
      11-29-2012
      03:46 PM
      28

      i have a 360 and a ps3 and damn you could see how egotistical people are when they say things like i wish it was never ported to another console. I 4 1 don't agree with the majority consensous on this thread that mgs4 shouldnt be ported to the 360. Why wouldn't you want to give people who don't have the option of getting every vg machine out there the opportunity to enjoy such a fine release? For the 360 it would be about 2-3 discs much like FFXIII was + you'd be able to play it from the hdd not wearing out ur lens. Its definitly 1 of the games i have backed up 2 my ps3 hdd (internal) cause i like faster load times....

    29. AsSiTcH
      11-29-2012
      04:08 PM
      29

      Whats the diff between metal gear solid 2, and metal gear solid subsistence

    30. stevorkz
      11-29-2012
      04:58 PM
      30

      Originally Posted by fanboysarestupid
      So anyone that owns an Xbox is an Xbox fanboy?
      Kindly point to me where I mentioned ALL xboxers are fanboys?

      Fan boys are usually little boys that stick to just one console bEcAuSe ThAt CoNsOlE iS jUsT tHe MoSt AwEsOmEsT bRo. Because of that they don't own a playstation and so wouldn't understand the playstation references in MGS4. Hense why I said...

      "Epic entries that xbox fanboys would never get"

      See, because they perhaps never played mgs before with it being on playstation


      Please try to think of possible ways that you can interpret what I said in a different way BEFORE putting words in my mouth

      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      [MENTION=51621]crazelunatic[/MENTION]
      It was already stated by Konami in 2010 that if the 360 got MGS4 it would require 4 to 5 discs at least from a straight port.
      The game is big and was coded with the PS3 hardware in mind and would have to be made all over again for the 360

      Originally Posted by AsSiTcH
      Whats the diff between metal gear solid 2, and metal gear solid subsistence
      Do you mean Metal Gear Solid Substance? Subsistence is from MGS3. It goes:

      Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons Of Liberty
      Metal Gear Solid 2 - Substance
      Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater
      Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence

      Substance includes the full MGS2 plus 350 VR missions and 150alternative missions, Snake Tales (consists of 5 missions involving snake allowing you to play with snake through the Raiden campaign which was previously not possible), the ability to unlock new characters and game modes and finally, you get to take solid snake out skateboarding

      Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence is similar to Substance with regards to it containing the full MGS3. It comes with a TON of cool extras aswell one cool extra being both the full original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 that came out on the msx and snes (which are the first games and the predecessors to Metal Gear Solid 1 on Playstation). Both are in the HD collection aswell

    31. hellsing9
      11-29-2012
      05:17 PM
      31



      Kojima approves and has a gift for you [MENTION=200303]stevorkz[/MENTION] because you are MGS-wiki user on HAX ranks.

    32. General Plot
      11-29-2012
      05:24 PM
      32

      Originally Posted by CaptainCPS-X
      Metal Gear Solid is definitely one of the top masterpieces of the video game industry.

      First game I bought for my PS3 when I finally got it was MGS4, for the PS2 my first game was MGS2 and when I discovered MGS1 on the PS1 it was like holy **** I will love this game forever!

      So yeah would be angry to see MGS on other systems.

      I have no doubt that for the PS4 we will have MGS5 (Ground Zeroes) as a big exclusive and reason to get the console (at least for me hehe)

      SeeYa!
      Not to go off topic, but you should see MGS2/MGS3 on PCSX2. It's like playing them again for the first time.

    33. stevorkz
      11-29-2012
      05:26 PM
      33

      Originally Posted by hellsing9


      Kojima approves and has a gift for you [MENTION=200303]stevorkz[/MENTION] because you are MGS-wiki user on HAX ranks.
      Ha ha! Man I want to meet that genius one day and ask him to sign all my stuff

    34. hellsing9
      11-29-2012
      07:06 PM
      34

      Originally Posted by stevorkz
      Ha ha! Man I want to meet that genius one day and ask him to sign all my stuff
      Me too on some E3 maybe. (dreaming)
      I forgot that [MENTION=99538]CaptainCPS-X[/MENTION] is also a hardcore fan.

      Kojima approves!

    35. ynotrhyme
      11-29-2012
      09:02 PM
      35

      fvck yeah! I need this game to release since i cant seem to grab 2007 release off the net for the life of me. Cant wait to play!

    36. hypercross
      11-29-2012
      09:33 PM
      36

      seriously, MGS, Gran Turismo, Tekken are the games that i always bought because i want to support the devs, because its such masterpieces! and also Ace Combat Assault Horizon which for me is a dissapointing game... T_T

    37. fanboysarestupid
      11-29-2012
      09:56 PM
      37

      Originally Posted by hypercross
      seriously, MGS, Gran Turismo, Tekken are the games that i always bought because i want to support the devs, because its such masterpieces! and also Ace Combat Assault Horizon which for me is a dissapointing game... T_T
      Tekken started to suck by the 6th game, imo. Tekken 3 and 4 are much better, at least for me.

    38. ynotrhyme
      11-29-2012
      10:04 PM
      38

      Originally Posted by fanboysarestupid
      Tekken started to suck by the 6th game, imo. Tekken 3 and 4 are much better, at least for me.
      Tekken has always been bleh to me. 1 and 2 were dope but then it went nuts. I'm Street Fighter Third Strike till i die!

    39. oPolo
      11-30-2012
      04:08 PM
      39

      I don't get why someone wouldn't want an exclusive to be released for another console. Even with the arguments given there.


      It just seems egoistic to me. F*** if you bought the console just for that game... If you wanted to play the game, then you have had to buyeither this console or the console its ported to anyway. It just helped letting you make a choice.

      Also if the port was worse than the original, good thing you have the console with the original non-port then, I don't see a problem there, you have the advantage.

      and what if the port is better? Well good thing too! One of your favourite games, which would most likely never receive any larger update just received one, because it was being ported to a new console. Check out the new changes, cool!

      With more availability across different platforms, more people can enjoy the game. I do not see the problem of that? It's only an egoistic thing, to want to have it for yourself/your brand of console only. My two cents though, and everyone are entitled to each their opinion... But all this going on about "oh no, a console exclusive being ported." I don't really see the problem. two me it's downto selfishness... Please enlighten me though, if you see any good reasons for more people to not be able to enjoy the game.

    40. malex
      11-30-2012
      04:52 PM
      40

      well since few things would please me as much as seeing sony get obliterated, I would love to continue seeing their once exclusives pop out on other consoles. Still even back when I used to adore sony, I always thought it was a shame not all gamers could enjoy their exclusives... that said I have not considered MGS to be exclusive for a long time. The series has always appeared on multiple platforms. ZOE on the other hand WAS exclusive, and a great series to boot, that I would have been sad to lose, Final Fantasy was also a tough loss< but FF is a fickle ******, first it was ninty, then playstation... now youu can;t get away from it; it;s a shame the series got (in my opinion) destroyed after the ps2 era

    41. no0byme
      12-01-2012
      12:58 AM
      41

      If a game company wants to port thier games, they're only doing it because they want more money. Game companies aren't the most profitable companies in the world due to low demand or other reasons like piracy (well, not really, but piracy does impact a bit), so it's understandable that they are willing to do anything that will generate profits (i.e. going multi-plat and locked content on discs that will be unlocked by DLC)

      However, if Konami doesn't want to port MGS4, it's not because they are loyal to Sony but because it's impractical to do it now. Most of the MGS4 code are based on the cell / Sony libs. I bet that they never thought of Xbox 360 when they were creating the MGS4 game. So, if they plan to port MSG4 to 360 now, it will take a long time. And plus they are still busy with making the other games.

    42. SniperSnake
      12-01-2012
      01:36 AM
      42

      Originally Posted by no0byme
      If a game company wants to port thier games, they're only doing it because they want more money. Game companies aren't the most profitable companies in the world due to low demand or other reasons like piracy (well, not really, but piracy does impact a bit), so it's understandable that they are willing to do anything that will generate profits (i.e. going multi-plat and locked content on discs that will be unlocked by DLC)

      However, if Konami doesn't want to port MGS4, it's not because they are loyal to Sony but because it's impractical to do it now. Most of the MGS4 code are based on the cell / Sony libs. I bet that they never thought of Xbox 360 when they were creating the MGS4 game. So, if they plan to port MSG4 to 360 now, it will take a long time. And plus they are still busy with making the other games.
      makes me wonder tho with the new foxengine being multi platform if they could remake and remaster MGS4 for xbox 360? that would be the day!

    43. malex
      12-01-2012
      09:41 AM
      43

      Originally Posted by SniperSnake
      makes me wonder tho with the new foxengine being multi platform if they could remake and remaster MGS4 for xbox 360? that would be the day!
      Another thing worth pondering is, do current 360 owners WANT the game? let's face it, as great as it is... it is not a game everybody likes. If you haven't played the previous games right there, IMHO, the game loses a lot of it's appeal. If you are lost in the story, then those story scenes can become quite lengthy and boring and while there's the database that can explain everything... most who care enough to read the database would probably have bought a ps3 for this game already.

    44. japsander
      12-01-2012
      12:25 PM
      44

      so what if its an exclusive?
      for xbox users who feel let down by the news dont worry. ps3 users wont be playing halo anytime soon.

      exclusives are used to sell consoles.
      if every game was on all consoles there wouldnt be a point in differing consoles.
      with ps3 and 360 being so close in graphics/control there needs to be exclusives. its just business

    45. dantevergil
      12-01-2012
      01:32 PM
      45

      In the past ( 10 years before ) I was one of the fanboy of Playstation and faithfuly challenging,
      maybe violently battling with the others who have their useless nonsense name shhitbox and shapeless nin10do gaycube vs...

      but now my mind changed and transformed into its true form and says;

      I also dont support piracy and also dont want to be clonized by clonists
      who declare and claim so many $$$ just for 1(one) game even they sell their products in a Worldwide Range not in this town
      so it means not millions but billions...

      so The True and The Right Evils and maybe The True Pirating Bastards and The Ruthless Colonists are those Companies ITselfs...!

      Result : Its worthless to be a fanboy for those what you can imagine to say...

    46. malex
      12-01-2012
      06:20 PM
      46

      Originally Posted by japsander
      ...exclusives are used to sell consoles...
      So true. It was so easy for me to pick a snes over a genesis/megadrive, same with the ps1 and 2. Needless to say I missed out on playing some true gems (though I was able to play 'em eventually), but if I had to make those choices again I would do them over (atari 2600, or nes over master system wasn't my choice). The ps3 on the other hand I regret, but that's due to sony's actions against me (Us?), not the game selection.

      I guess these are the choices we have to make as gamers; in the end if we didn't have to make them this hobby wouldn't be as interesting.

    47. japsander
      12-01-2012
      06:25 PM
      47

      Originally Posted by malex
      I guess these are the choices we have to make as gamers; in the end if we didn't have to make them this hobby wouldn't be as interesting.
      i just buy them all so i dont have to make the decisions of which to miss out on.
      sure i spend more than i should but i have a habit of turning hobbies into obsessions >.<

    48. malex
      12-01-2012
      06:51 PM
      48

      Originally Posted by japsander
      i just buy them all so i dont have to make the decisions of which to miss out on.
      sure i spend more than i should but i have a habit of turning hobbies into obsessions >.<
      well that's another way of dealing with it, but it would be such a huge waste of $$ to do that, at least when it concerns me. Some peeps can get their $$ worth out of 2 - 3 consoles... I on the other hand... well I just suck. FF XIII is still shrink wrapped together with 4 or 5 other games, never bothered to unwrap 'em.

    49. fanboysarestupid
      12-01-2012
      07:15 PM
      49

      Originally Posted by japsander
      so what if its an exclusive?
      for xbox users who feel let down by the news dont worry. ps3 users wont be playing halo anytime soon.

      exclusives are used to sell consoles.
      if every game was on all consoles there wouldnt be a point in differing consoles.
      with ps3 and 360 being so close in graphics/control there needs to be exclusives. its just business
      PS3 Splinter Cell fans are perhaps a little pissed off because Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction is an Xbox exclusive.

      To be fair and honest, Splinter Cell Conviction + Dead or Alive 4 + Project Gotham 4 + Gears of War were my main reasons to buy an Xbox 360, and also, because of the awesome features (HDD Game Install + Custom Soundtrack for All).

      Fingers crossed Sony can get the same features on the next PlayStation that Xbox 360 has.