• Homebrew, PS3 Hacks , 23.11.2012

    Condorstrike has released CONDOR UPDATER 3.1 which works now on every custom firmware with recovery option, but only on PS3′s with NOR-FLASH.

    CONDOR UPDATER 3.1

    HI GUYS, AFTER RELEASING CONDOR UPDATER 3 I REALIZED IT WASN’T COMPLETE, SO HERE’S CONDOR UPDATER V3.1 WHICH NOW WORKS ON ANY CFW WITH RECOVERY OPTION (2.50 AND ABOVE). SO NOW THE SAME APP WILL INSTALL AND WORK FOR YOU ON CFWS 3.55, 4.25, 4.30, DOWNGRADE PUP, WHATEVER… IT IS ESPECIALLY USEFUL FOR THOSE WITH DAMAGED POWER BUTTONS OR FOR INSTALLING SAME VERSIONS OF MFWS OVER OFW/MFWS OR GOING BACK FROM AN MFW TO AN OFW, OR ANY TIME IMO… I NEVER TRUST XMB UPDATES.

    for the noobs:

    This app allows pseudo-recovery mode system firmware update from XMB.

    Meaning, one button press on your controller and you’re ready to update/downgrade to your favorite CFW from recovery mode, Once in recovery all you need to do is follow the on-screen prompts. Also, as of now it still only works on NOR-FLASH PS3s, if you’re unsure which model you own click HERE.

    CHANGELOG:

    • Condor Updater now runs on any CFW with recovery option (2.50 and above).

    DOWNLOAD: Condor Updater 3.1

    SIZE: 3.07 MB (3,229,184 BYTES)
    MD5: 5238C59D48BDF70D73C87B82D309AD28

    Source: condorstrike.com

    Discuss in Forums (25)


  • 25 Comments

    1. DEFAULTDNB
      11-23-2012
      04:09 AM
      1

      Thank you [MENTION=99583]condorstrike[/MENTION]

    2. MRDOTB
      11-23-2012
      06:31 AM
      2

      Thx4app.

      I have a two questions:

      This app allows pseudo-recovery mode system firmware update from XMB.
      It's possible to make an application which will just launch Recovery Mode, not system update via recovery?

      I NEVER TRUST XMB UPDATES
      Why? What is difference between update from XMB and update from Recovery (and TM)?

    3. aldostools
      11-23-2012
      08:47 AM
      3

      This is the proper link for 3.1:
      http://condorstrike.com/Homebrew/Con...ater%203.1.pkg

      The link in the front page is for 3.0 (thus the MD5 does not match).

    4. pizza
      11-23-2012
      12:56 PM
      4

      Originally Posted by aldostools
      This is the proper link for 3.1:
      http://condorstrike.com/Homebrew/Con...ater%203.1.pkg

      The link in the front page is for 3.0 (thus the MD5 does not match).
      Thanks, i was wondering why the size was 2.82 and not over 3.xx

      PS: Even on the Topic of his Forum the Link is wrong ..
      ************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
      I just get a blackscreen on REX Rebug 4.21 CFW
      It's a NOR phatty

      After 5min black screen i just switched it off

    5. condorstrike
      11-23-2012
      02:39 PM
      5

      What's your PS3 model? I tested it on Rebug and it worked fine.

    6. toolz
      11-24-2012
      07:06 PM
      6

      not working for me

    7. carl_jotosaon
      12-02-2012
      09:00 PM
      7

      sorry condor, but your updater still don't work for me

      i'm using PS3 Phat CECHG04 and using CFW Rogero 4.30 v1.00

    8. Wolfterro
      12-02-2012
      09:08 PM
      8

      Originally Posted by carl_jotosaon
      sorry condor, but your updater still don't work for me

      i'm using PS3 Phat CECHG04 and using CFW Rogero 4.30 v1.00
      CECHG is a NAND console, Condor Updater only works for NOR consoles.

    9. geronimo8
      01-03-2013
      12:19 AM
      9

      Just a noob question (just making sure):
      Can I go directly to OFW 3.55 from Rogero 4.30 v2.03 with this?

    10. condorstrike
      07-07-2013
      02:29 PM
      10

      Hi guys, if anyone wants do a quick test for me?
      This is a new exploit for Condor Updater, I need NAND console test.
      It works fine on NORS.

      "try this at your own risk."
      Install PKG, and then try running "anything", it should take you to recovery-mode for firmware install like old CU.

      http://condorstrike.com/Homebrew/Con...r_3.2_Beta.pkg

    11. bammo
      07-07-2013
      02:44 PM
      11

      Originally Posted by condorstrike
      Hi guys, if anyone wants do a quick test for me?
      This is a new exploit for Condor Updater, I need NAND console test.
      It works fine on NORS.

      "try this at your own risk."
      Install PKG, and then try running "anything", it should take you to recovery-mode for firmware install like old CU.

      http://condorstrike.com/Homebrew/Con...r_3.2_Beta.pkg

      What would this be useful for? I like active devs like you

    12. stock2255
      07-07-2013
      03:05 PM
      12

      Condorstrike,

      Is the download suppose to be a 0kb pkg file? I assume not, but I've tried 2 different browsers on 2 different computers, and they all download as a 0kb file. I tried to install anyway on a REX 4.2.1 CEX Mode CECHE NAND ps3. The pkg cannot install, it seems to hang during the install. PS3 did nothing for about 15 seconds, than came up with the error This Package cannot be installed. When trying to back out, the ps3 froze, requiring a hard reset. Upon reset, it brings up a screen asking to scan the hard drive for errors.

      If that package was corrupted, and you have another one to test, just let me know and I'll try again.

    13. condorstrike
      07-07-2013
      03:10 PM
      13

      that's normal and the size is correct, the app will try to install for a while and then go to xmb, then you try to launch any app and it should reboot to recovey.

    14. stock2255
      07-07-2013
      03:14 PM
      14

      Than it is not working on my particular setup. It freezes on the wave animation everytime before reaching XMB, so I don't have a chance to launch anything to see if it does indeed launch into recovery mode.

    15. condorstrike
      07-07-2013
      03:16 PM
      15

      Originally Posted by stock2255
      Than it is not working on my particular setup. It freezes on the wave animation everytime before reaching XMB, so I don't have a chance to launch anything to see if it does indeed launch into recovery mode.
      ok, so that's not good, thx
      what type of PS3, and which CFW?

      Can anyone else try it, either NAND or NOR? thanks.

    16. stock2255
      07-07-2013
      03:21 PM
      16

      It's a CECHE-01 NAND model, on Rebug 4.21 REX, lv2 kernel: CEX target type: CEX.

    17. condorstrike
      07-07-2013
      04:09 PM
      17

      well NANDS still elude me, but at-least it works well on all the NOR tests, thanks for testing stock2255.

    18. 3absiso
      07-07-2013
      04:45 PM
      18

      Originally Posted by condorstrike
      well NANDS still elude me, but at-least it works well on all the NOR tests, thanks for testing stock2255.
      Yub, for Nors it works perfect but for NANDs it did not for me at all. ( i meant for the older one not this one, i will test it and see)

    19. Abkarino
      07-08-2013
      04:24 AM
      19

      Originally Posted by condorstrike
      Hi guys, if anyone wants do a quick test for me?
      This is a new exploit for Condor Updater, I need NAND console test.
      It works fine on NORS.

      "try this at your own risk."
      Install PKG, and then try running "anything", it should take you to recovery-mode for firmware install like old CU.

      http://condorstrike.com/Homebrew/Con...r_3.2_Beta.pkg
      Thank you so much for this release, i have a lot of NAND consoles and i'll test it for you as soon as i back to my home and feed back with the test result

    20. goncalodoom
      07-08-2013
      06:05 AM
      20

      Condor_Updater_3.2_Beta.pkg file is corrupted

    21. condorstrike
      07-08-2013
      12:27 PM
      21

      Originally Posted by goncalodoom
      Condor_Updater_3.2_Beta.pkg file is corrupted
      it's not corrupted, this is a new exploit, and that's how it's supposed to be.

    22. goncalodoom
      07-08-2013
      12:52 PM
      22

      Originally Posted by condorstrike
      it's not corrupted, this is a new exploit, and that's how it's supposed to be.
      But when i click your link it downloads a 0kb file

    23. condorstrike
      07-08-2013
      12:54 PM
      23

      Originally Posted by goncalodoom
      But when i click your link it downloads a 0kb file
      yes, that's right.

      but sadly it only works for NORS, by the confirmations I've gotten.

    24. TheEvolution_PT
      07-08-2013
      03:55 PM
      24

      Hey [MENTION=99583]condorstrike[/MENTION] i just want to say thanks for all your work that you did for the scene, and i hope this exploit to be something cool, i don't know what this is all about, but im happy with any progress the scene has, hope you enjoy your day im a big fan of you and i love your homebrews but unfortunate im not on cfw, i had cfw 1 or 2 years ago

    25. condorstrike
      07-08-2013
      07:26 PM
      25

      Originally Posted by TheEvolution_PT
      Hey [MENTION=99583]condorstrike[/MENTION] i just want to say thanks for all your work that you did for the scene
      Thanks man, now days I mostly help newcomer devs, but every now and then something sparks when i'm bored.

      And thanks for being there since the beginning. :-)