• Featured, General, wololo , 21.11.2013

    Wololo strikes again, now running Emulators on the Vita TV. Mathieulh (beta-tester) of TotalNoob’s upcoming TN-v4, and to own one of the Japan-only Vita TVs. He was successfully able to run TN-V on his vita TV.
    This is getting interesting, they always find a way to make this products even better.

    If you dig, running emus for the major old school consoles, GBA, SNES, Neogeo, megadrive, NES and Nintendo. Well spect more news from their side.

    If you have read my Vita TV review (and if you haven’t, do it now!), you know I have been hugely disappointed by the device so far, mostly because of the poor level of its game compatibility and services offer.

    Mathieulh, of ps3 and psp hacking fame (remember pandora batteries?), happens to both be a beta tester of TotalNoob’s upcoming TN-v4, and to own one of the Japan-only Vita TVs. He was successfully able to run TN-V on his vita TV, now making the device much more interesting to my eyes.

    TN-V is a homebrew enabler running in the PSP emulator of the Vita (and now Vita TV). It lets users, among other things, run emulators for the major “old school” consoles, such as the GBA, SNES, Neogeo, megadrive, NES, Nintendo 64 etc…

    TN-V also has support for psp plugins, homebrews, and also the infamous “psp backups”. Let’s just say the possibility to run emulators alone makes the VitaTV that much interesting to me.

    Below are a few screenshots of the VitaTV running TNv4, as shared on Mathieulh’s twitter:

    [Source]Wololo

    Follow Math on twitter.

    Discuss in Forums (24)


  • 24 Comments

    1. hellsing9
      11-21-2013
      06:24 AM
      1



      Come on!! lol xD
      I guess this thread will turn into a pandemonium...hope not. (but i think it will).

    2. NTA
      11-21-2013
      08:31 AM
      2

      . Mathieulh (beta-tester) of TotalNoob’s upcoming TN-v4
      Wtf? I thought that ***** was blacklisted or something. He's actually reliable? Could've sworn he was circle jerking people for months if not a while year on some bull ****

    3. Persian McLovin
      11-21-2013
      08:44 AM
      3

    4. tjhooker73
      11-21-2013
      09:35 AM
      4

      Originally Posted by NTA
      Wtf? I thought that ***** was blacklisted or something. He's actually reliable? Could've sworn he was circle jerking people for months if not a while year on some bull ****
      He's a talented hacker. He is just a d0uche.
      Side note, He opened his twitter up finally?

      Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

    5. hellsing9
      11-21-2013
      09:38 AM
      5

      Originally Posted by tjhooker73
      He's a talented hacker. He is just a d0uche.
      Side note, He opened his twitter up finally?

      Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
      Yeah, it's open. Nobody is 100% reliable, the only one i trust in terms of knowledge and wisdom = [MENTION=131344]euss[/MENTION] (Aka = Wiki-man).

    6. Ghostofperdition
      11-21-2013
      10:17 AM
      6

      Maths LOL "Hey guys look what i can do" click clack click clack click click. tadaaaaaa!! QA Flag! Wanna know how? Nope!

    7. hellsing9
      11-21-2013
      11:08 AM
      7

      Originally Posted by Ghostofperdition
      Maths LOL "Hey guys look what i can do" click clack click clack click click. tadaaaaaa!! QA Flag! Wanna know how? Nope!

    8. clayr08
      11-21-2013
      02:21 PM
      8

      Originally Posted by harryoke
      You mentioned him ... his name is not to be written , spoken , whispered ... you have opened pandora's box to a world of trolling ... may god have mercy on us all :P

    9. euss
      11-21-2013
      03:13 PM
      9

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      Yeah, it's open. Nobody is 100% reliable, the only one i trust in terms of knowledge and wisdom = [MENTION=131344]euss[/MENTION] (Aka = Wiki-man).
      flattered xD

      but do keep in mind that I am only human, just like everyone else.

      willingness to share, that is what it is about, not about what you know or boasting with it - for me the wiki was always a roadtrip of figuring out - life 3.0
      could you btw change your signature to psdevwiki? thanks, if enough people share and care, finding your way is less hard - plus you make friends along the way.

      ontopic: too bad the only feature that is good about the vitatv is its emulation. since when changed <!--// nope //--> his stand against ROMs....

    10. tjhooker73
      11-21-2013
      03:24 PM
      10

      Originally Posted by euss
      flattered xD

      but do keep in mind that I am only human, just like everyone else.

      willingness to share, that is what it is about, not about what you know or boasting with it - for me the wiki was always a roadtrip of figuring out - life 3.0
      could you btw change your signature to psdevwiki? thanks, if enough people share and care, finding your way is less hard - plus you make friends along the way.

      ontopic: too bad the only feature that is good about the vitatv is its emulation. since when changed <!--// nope //--> his stand against ROMs....
      Your a human?!? Well everything I thought I knew was apparently wrong :O

      Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

    11. hellsing9
      11-21-2013
      05:56 PM
      11

      Originally Posted by euss
      flattered xD

      but do keep in mind that I am only human, just like everyone else.

      willingness to share, that is what it is about, not about what you know or boasting with it - for me the wiki was always a roadtrip of figuring out - life 3.0
      could you btw change your signature to psdevwiki? thanks, if enough people share and care, finding your way is less hard - plus you make friends along the way.

      ontopic: too bad the only feature that is good about the vitatv is its emulation. since when changed <!--// nope //--> his stand against ROMs....
      Changed the sig.

      Share/Read/Learn. = Understanding.

    12. LoboGuara
      11-21-2013
      06:31 PM
      12

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      Yeah, it's open. Nobody is 100% reliable, the only one i trust in terms of knowledge and wisdom = @euss (Aka = Wiki-man).
      for some bizarre reason this comment made ​​me think of him as the master librarian from SOTN

    13. Mackdanny
      11-21-2013
      07:06 PM
      13

      Regardless, I am VERY proud of Math. And im not defending him, but remember, with the exception of the last couple years, the PS3 community was HELL for EVERYONE; pointing fingers does nothing for us.. so lets just try to enjoy it while we can until the cycle continues with the PS4.

    14. Mergy
      11-21-2013
      07:24 PM
      14

      Originally Posted by Mackdanny
      so lets just try to enjoy it while we can until the cycle continues with the PS4.
      I wouldn't say that! Just let's all get together this time!
      Together we can achive so much more, instead of fuc*ing each others up everytime with any new discover!

    15. WalangAlam
      11-22-2013
      12:57 AM
      15

      I will buy psvita when it is fully hack than vitatv so I can bring it anywhere.

      Hey [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION], how did you outputed the display to your laptop lcd/display? What's the max resolution of your device in your laptop display?

    16. cfwprpht
      11-22-2013
      01:55 AM
      16

      You guys forget one major thing: There was a underground WAR the most of us may not even know. It was the WAR against TrueBlue. And it also happend that good dev's that wanted to help got faked of idiots like Math and co.

      So every one of you saying Math is a good one just say: "I dono have ANY clue about the Console Hacking Scene and there for i just brais every one that i read in ANY new's post."

      Why do you guys think the great Math have jumped into psp scene and have leave PS3 scene alone ? And another question: "Where are the Master Hacks for the Vita of your GREAT Math?"

      Hell he is only testing things FOR a other DEV. Not that he have made a REAL Vita CFW. It's redicioulas.

    17. hellsing9
      11-22-2013
      02:38 PM
      17

      Originally Posted by WalangAlam
      I will buy psvita when it is fully hack than vitatv so I can bring it anywhere.

      Hey [MENTION=186943]hellsing9[/MENTION], how did you outputed the display to your laptop lcd/display? What's the max resolution of your device in your laptop display?
      [MENTION=163924]WalangAlam[/MENTION] I don't own Alienware products. It's from Math's twitter account, i assume that his rig thus those pics are posted in his twitter account.

    18. GregoryRasputin
      11-22-2013
      02:57 PM
      18

      I think people should give [MENTION=9827]mathieulh[/MENTION] a break, people do things wrong and some people are not allowed to release exploits because of TRO's, doesn't make them a bad person.

      I have known Math for about 5 years and he has always been cool with me .

    19. mathieulh
      11-22-2013
      03:52 PM
      19

      Originally Posted by cfwprpht
      You guys forget one major thing: There was a underground WAR the most of us may not even know. It was the WAR against TrueBlue. And it also happend that good dev's that wanted to help got faked of idiots like Math and co.
      What war are you talking about ? Nobody in their right mind cared about trueblue...

      What "good devs" are you talking about ? I know of one particular "dev" who asked for my help on something, after giving him over 2 weeks worth of sources and work, for which he (publicly) thanked me by the way, I told him he'd have to work out the rest on his own, he then invented lots of fake stories in an attempt to blackmail me into doing all the rest of the work for him (basically, "If you don't help me, I'll trash your reputation..." except I never gave a damn about it), which I never ever agreed on, (his nick starts by a K by the way, I am not too keen on feeding dramas so I'll let you guess whom I speak of) he also then started to call my work useless/crap etc etc, even though he had none of it before I gave him the damn files...

      Of course due to the popularity of said "dev" some people chose to take his word for it, even though he showed no credible evidence whatsoever (have you ever seen any lines of code from him regarding this matter, even assembly ? Because I have not, in fact no one has...) all this despite me never claiming to have ever helped him or giving credit for his so called "hack" (the one he could never pull off).

      Hell; he even put words in my mouth, claiming I stated sentences that I never ever pronounced, especially some part about a so called "hash".

      But Oh ! Wait ! He has a blog so he must be "leet", right ?

      I've never given his posts any reply simply because he wasn't even worthy of one

      Anyway, I left and got rid of about 20K followers on my twitter account because I got tired of the drama and I couldn't care less about fame and whatnot. In fact, I still don't.



      Originally Posted by cfwprpht
      So every one of you saying Math is a good one just say: "I dono have ANY clue about the Console Hacking Scene and there for i just brais every one that i read in ANY new's post."
      No, they simply remember of all the releases and academic contributions I have given to both the psp and ps3 scenes, stuffs such as the Pandora battery, M33, Despertar del cementario, Kirk Engine keys, Spock Engine keys, idstorage keys, psgroove, package encryption algorithm and keys, lv2ldr and appldr keys about a day before geohot released the metldr keys, a way to exploit metldr explained in great details along with the 2 exploits required to do the deed, something geohot never released since he just gave you the keys and called it a day. All of which, among with other things, people like you have the tendency to being forgetful of.

      (Wow ! Surprise ! I actually did release stuff ! Feel free to google any of those...)

      By the way ? What did "K" do ? Besides a psgroove ripoff and a "humble bundle" ? But great, believe his words over mine, I stopped being surprised a long time ago. I don't give a damn if you and the rest of the world think I am the worst scum that's ever existed.

      Originally Posted by cfwprpht
      Why do you guys think the great Math have jumped into psp scene and have leave PS3 scene alone ? And another question: "Where are the Master Hacks for the Vita of your GREAT Math?"
      The "GREAT Math" simply wanted to get away of the drama, such as the one you have just been fueling.
      by the way, where is it that I ever claimed to have hacked the vita ?

      Originally Posted by cfwprpht
      Hell he is only testing things FOR a other DEV. Not that he have made a REAL Vita CFW. It's redicioulas.
      Well, I seem to remember saying I wasn't involved in this project's development and am simply a beta tester, you know this because I've told everyone about it.

      See, I am not the kind of people to steal credits from others (unlike plenty of people whom I met and plenty of others who did steal some of my stuff), whenever I write/do something, I just say so, whenever I don't, I also say so. And in this case ,I am not the one who wrote/did this particular hack, and I've never ever said otherwise. On the other end, on the hacks I did actually work with, I do ask for credits where it's due,

      for instance when someone leaked the QA flag code (mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, yes that was mine) or when some moron whom I was stupid enough to trust, leaked my metldr exploit files and I had to go through great length to actually explain how both the hack and the exploits work, something the guy who leaked my files would have been unable to do. (check this link for more info: http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=4025 Beware of the typos, I was really pissed and had to act really fast when I wrote this)

      By the way, about that "Not that he have made a REAL Vita CFW" part, that's actually a PSP custom firmware running on vita (and not a "Vita CFW"), so basically, it's PSP code.
      As far as that's concerned, I have taken part in the development of plenty of those. (Remember M33, SE and CE custom firmwares for psp ?) But you are "right", I've never written a "CFW" in my life... (yes I am being sarcastic here)

      But what do you even know about me ? Have you ever worked with me on any projects whatsoever ? Do you actually know me or have you spoken to me at all ? (that was a rhetorical question, to which the answer is no, by the way.)

      Surely you must have, for you are so eloquent about me, describing in such great details how I am the worst fraud ! You must have been, without any doubt, victim of my wrongdoing right ?..., right ?... (Yes, I am still being sarcastic here.)

      Yes there are plenty of things I do not/did not release, mostly because when it comes to hacking, I am more interested in it from an educational and academic perspective than just to supply some ready to use product to the masses. Sorry if you don't like it, that's just how I am and you can feel free to hate me for it.

      That's all I had to say.

    20. mathieulh
      11-22-2013
      04:22 PM
      20

      Originally Posted by hellsing9
      [MENTION=163924]WalangAlam[/MENTION] I don't own Alienware products. It's from Math's twitter account, i assume that his rig thus those pics are posted in his twitter account.
      Yeah, that would be my computer xD
      I just connect the vita tv to the Alienware's HDMI input.

    21. mathieulh
      11-22-2013
      04:25 PM
      21

      Originally Posted by euss
      flattered xD

      but do keep in mind that I am only human, just like everyone else.

      willingness to share, that is what it is about, not about what you know or boasting with it - for me the wiki was always a roadtrip of figuring out - life 3.0
      could you btw change your signature to psdevwiki? thanks, if enough people share and care, finding your way is less hard - plus you make friends along the way.

      ontopic: too bad the only feature that is good about the vitatv is its emulation. since when changed <!--// nope //--> his stand against ROMs....
      It hasn't, in fact I own all the games that run on my vita tv. The problem is most of these games are not available on the playstation store and can only be bought as hard copies. Therefore a custom firmware is the only way to play those on a psp go or a ps vita. It's not that I don't want to purchase these games on the ps store (even if I already own those), it's that I (and anyone else) literally can't.

    22. WalangAlam
      11-23-2013
      01:43 AM
      22

      Originally Posted by mathieulh
      Yeah, that would be my computer xD
      I just connect the vita tv to the Alienware's HDMI input.
      Nice lappy. I wonder when I can afford that :D
      Thanks for all of your contribution in the PSP. I'm a big fan

    23. cloud1250000
      11-23-2013
      04:45 AM
      23

      wow :0 math is still looking into this scene :O That actually made my day ahah xD

    24. kira.30
      11-24-2013
      08:38 PM
      24

      in what anime does the girl in the picture appears ? looks like a great series.