"Making it easier to manage retro Covers and ROMs for use
with the best PS3 Homebrew MultiMan!"
by CaptainCPS-X, 2011.
- Automatic ROM scanning for supported systems.
- Support ROM recognition for: NES, SNES, Genesis, VBA (GB, GBC, GBA).
- ZIP verification when needed, ensuring it contains a valid ROM.
- Single ROM adding and removing from list.
- Individual cover assigment feature for each listed ROM.
- Ability to clear cover assigment for a selected ROM.
- PNG and JPG covers support.
- HQ Covers preview with proper Aspect Ratio calculation.
- Automatic renaming of cover images to match the ROM sets.
- Automatic generation of Covers .PKG files ready to be installed in the PS3 / MultiMan.
- Automatic generation of ROMs .PKG files ready to be installed in the PS3 / MultiMan.
- Project creation for each supported system.
- Project saving and loading.
- Detailed project information, with total ROMs, Covers and total size.
- ROM existence verification when opening projects.
- Shortcut keys for easier navigation and editing.
- Options to configure each specific job.
- Search / Filter of ROMs based on user text input.
- Browse / Manage cover images without using Windows shell.
- Unpack / decompress .PKG files without need of any external tool (ported from Fail0verflow GNU source)
- Configure Covers directories for the supported systems (SNES, GENESIS, NES, VBA)
- Search / Filter Covers list based on input text.
- Browse / Manage ROMs without using Windows shell.
- (wip) Add option to disable covers renaming (useful to create ROM packages only).
- (wip) Add feature to convert cover images (PNG to JPG)(JPG to PNG)
- Hard Disk size calculation to avoid space conflicts while proccessing huge ammount of data.
- Unicode build.
- Fixed menu item 'Save As...', for some odd reason it was not working.
* Thanks to 'tonybologna' for the quick feedback.
v0.07 (beta) (6/16/2011)
- Added Multi-Threading feature to handle processing of Covers, ROMs
and when executing the Renaming Job.
- Added feature to Browse / Manage ROMs without using Windows shell.
- Fixed a bug that was changing the application working directory (root).
- Fixed some issues with the new list Indexing feature, this was
causing problems when Adding, Deleting, Clearing items in the list.
- Fixed memory buffer overflow when the selected directory to unpack
a PKG file was very long.
- Some other small fixes.
- Made a new placeholder image for the application.
- Added support for ZIP extension for NES projects.
- Fixed some nasty bugs when scanning ROMs, Extensions and when making packages.
* Thanks to 'tonybologna' from PSX-SCENE for the quick feedback!.
- Now, there should be an overall performance boost while using the application.
- Optimized ROM / Cover list handling by indexing all items with an unique id.
- Rewrote the Search / Filter feature code completely, it is much faster now.
- Changed the way items are filtered. (Ex. writting 'Mario' will filter entries like 'Super Mario World').
- Fixed a bug that cleared the covers tab data when selecting to Scan ROMs and then cancelling.
- Added feature to configure Covers directories for the supported systems (SNES, GENESIS, NES, VBA)
- Added feature to Search / Filter Covers list.
- Fixed a couple of bugs that I found while updating / rewriting code.
- Added 'Help' menu link to PSX-SCENE.com
- Added 'Help' menu link to MultiMan thread.
- Added 'Help' menu link to MultiMan forums.
- Added 'Help' menu link to MultiMan Retro Tools thread.
- Added verification of project ROM file(s) existence. If they are
not found a red cross icon will appear by its left side.
- Added feature to display detailed project information.
- Added feature to unpack / decompress .PKG files without need of any external tool (ported from Fail0verflow GNU source).
(has not been tested with retail PKGs, just debug ones)
- Added feature to maintain cover preview aspect ratio.
- Added feature to disable / enable Covers .PKG creation.
- Fixed a bug when renaming covers .PKG if there was a previous .PKG present.
- Fixed bug with when manually adding ROMs to list for SNES (thanks to luke70it).
- Added new shortcut keys for easier use.
* CTRL + O (Open project).
* CTRL + S (Save changes to project).
* ENTER (Add single ROM to list).
* DELETE (Delete ROM entry from list).
* DOUBLE-CLICK (Set Cover image for selected ROM).
* CTRL + SPACE (Set Cover image for selected ROM).
* SHIFT + SPACE (Clear Cover image for selected ROM).
- Improved GUI with a couple of elements.
- Hover on a Menu item to see more information at the Info Box (still not finished).
- Added feature to Search / Filter ROMs list contents (just for visual navigation).
- Added .JPG covers support.
- Added smoother (HQ) image processing for preview.
- Added feature to Browse / Manage cover images without using Windows shell.
- Added shortcut keys support while in Cover list tab.
* ENTER (Set selected cover to selected ROM).
* DOUBLE-CLICK (Set selected cover to selected ROM).
* ESCAPE (Cancel cover selection and return to ROMs list tab).
- Fixed the DLL errors, now the application will run well (thanks to NuBiXx)
(included the MSVC redistributable DLL as well).
- Added option to Always add all listed ROMs to .PKG (ignore non assigned covers)
For automatic generation of .PKG files you need to put the
following file in the root directory:
I can't include it with my application for legal reasons.
But it can be easily found by using Google.
You can easily configure its path too from the 'Options' menu.
To start things up:
- Go to 'File' menu and choose 'New Project...'
- Select the system you want to work with from the submenu.
- Go to 'Edit' and choose 'Add ROM to list'
- A window will appear to browse for individual ROMs.
- After selecting a ROM, make a double click on the list,
this will allow you to assign a Cover Image to that ROM.
- Go to 'File' and save you project.
- Now you're ready to test the main feature!, click on 'Start'
(or go to 'Tools' and click 'Start Renaming Job').
There you go! you should have a new package ready to install
on your PS3 / MultiMan.
Here is a list of package installation paths, depending on system:
If you go to 'Options' menu and enable 'ROMs .PKG creation' option,
MMRetroCR will automatically generate a package with the ROMs in your
project list (Only ones with Covers assigned will be packaged).
This .PKG(s) will be installed to these PS3 paths (MultiMan defaults)
THERE IS NO HARD DISK SPACE CALCULATION IMPLEMENTED YET, SO
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH SPACE IN THE SELECTED DESTINATION DIRECTORY
FOR THE AMMOUNT OF ROMS THAT WILL BE PACKED, OR YOU MAY GET
UNEXPECTED RESULTS. SPACE CALCULATION FEATURE WILL COME SOON =).