- PS3Hax News
||07-20-2010 11:30 AM
Sony Vaio Remote Play - Vista Patch
Last month NTAuthority, released a working patch here
for using Sony Vaio Remote Play software, with any non Sony computer, his method worked on Windows 7.
released a method to get the software and NTAuthority's patch running on Windows Vista, here it is:
For those wanting to run this on Windows Vista, it's a pretty simple thing to do as I've managed to stream line my original updates to a minimum and figured it simplest to just say how to get it working instead of distributing the files, since the changes are so minimal.
After installing the application according to NTAuthority's instructions on Windows Vista, you'll see the following error: The procedure entry point GetGestureInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.
To get around this you'll need a couple of tools to get it working.
http://code.google.com/p/user32hooki...ame=aser32.dll Read more about teraapi's user32hooking project here: http://code.google.com/p/user32hooking
- Follow the NTAuthority's instructions in the readme file in patch package
- Install HxD Hex Editor
- Run HxD as Administrator
- Open the file: "%programfiles%SonyRemote Play with PlayStation 3UFCore.dll" or "%programfiles(x86)%SonyRemote Play with PlayStation 3UFCore.dll" on 64-bit windows.
- Find the string "USER32" (Find -> Ctrl-F)
- The text USER32 should be visible. Change to USER32 to ASER32. (Note by default the text is overwritten, so just place the cursor before the U in USER32 and press A.)
Note: if you get the error: Remote Play with Playstation 3 cannot be used in this screen mode. Remote Play with Playstation 3 will quit. Change your screen resolution and try again. e.g. 1920x1200 is unsupported for whatever reason, 1920x1080 is ok though...
- Save the file UFCore.dll and exit HxD.
- Download the file aser32.dll from http://code.google.com/p/user32hooki...ame=aser32.dll and save to "%programfiles%SonyRemote Play with PlayStation 3" (or "%programfiles(x86)%SonyRemote Play with PlayStation 3" for 64-bit windows)
- Run "Remote Play with Playstation 3". If all goes well it should start the registration procedure.
Original post here
||07-21-2010 02:37 AM
I'm not an expert on this subject but would it be possible to sniff the data connection between the ps3 and the psp when they sync for remote play and there after emulate the same connection now just with a pc instead of a psp:hmmmm:
I know it may sound like a crazy idea, but that way we would actually end up learning, how the ps3 exchange data with the psp over the usb cable. so people who don't have a psp would be able to emulate the file that is needed to use with open remote play!
||07-21-2010 09:05 AM
i was wondering that too
||07-21-2010 01:38 PM
I have been working on just that. has not been going very far but progress is coming. i really would like to get more help with this. so soon i will right a write up on how to dump packets in windows while remote playing. so far i have posted my findings on this thread http://www.haxnetwork.net/showthread...515#post104515
any ideas are welcome. becuase we can't wait on the geohotz of this world . so work together to get what we all want. happy hunnting...
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.