[RELEASE] Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager v0.06
0.06 is out now! It's a small update with most changes underneath, and a move button (for file moving ofcourse). Which moves files/directories instantly on the same disk. There is also LUA support (scripting language) added, although it isn't very useful right now, it will be in the future :).
Update in 0.06
- Added move support for faster moving files/directories instead of copy/delete.
- Added very basic LUA support (only string/math libs + echo function). Expect much more functions to be supported in next releases
- Several fixes for (again) people with different screens
Update in 0.05
- 0.05b hotfix: Longer names than 10 characters are now supported
- Added Confirmation Windows to prevent accidently copy and delete.
- Added filesize information
- Added Comgenie's Awesome Filesplitter (Windows) (.NET framework 2.0 is required!).
- Added Creation of new folders
- Added Renaming of files/folders
- More fixes for different screens
- Color highlight of the selected file
Update in 0.04
- Fix for different (SD) screens (bigger text on lower resolutions). Now the top bar is visible and text is always readable
- Added a copying progress text (which also fixed the hanging!)
- Added retrying on I/O errors while copying
- Added an about text
- Fixed several other minor bugs
Update in 0.03
- Added Scrolling
- Added Non-empty folder deletion
- Added a security option (Normal Mode/Advanced mode) where normal mode will only allow write access in /usb_dev and /usb_hdd0/game.
- Added the ability to backup up files over 4GB to external (explanation below)
- Fixed a hang-bug with folders with many files
Update in 0.02
You can now also copy directories, and delete empty directories!
The copying speed is also improved! (From external to internal i copied 8.11GB in 15 minutes).
D-Pad to navigate (up/down to navigate through files, left/right to switch the active directory listing).
X to navigate into a directory
O to copy the selected file (no directory) to the inactive directory listing.
 to delete the selected file.
/\ for about
L1 to create a new folder
R1 to rename the current file/folder
Known issues (will be fixed in a newer version):
How to >4GB file backupping
In version 0.03, All files/folders copied from the internal disk (like /dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/)
to the external disk (/dev_usb .. ) which are larger than 4GB will be splitted in multiple parts.
When copying the files back from external to internal, those files will be merged again.
* Note: You still can't play games with >4GB files from the external directly since those files are splitted! But now you can at least backup and restore them. (Ofcourse, games without >4GB files still works directly on external)
Help, My files i copied to the external drive are not visible on my pc?
The files are marked as system files, which windows default hides. Go to Tools > Folder options and disable the following option:
Help, It won't copy
On the screen you'll see 2 directory listings. The yellow one is your 'active' one. You can browse through them with the D-PAD and enter directories with the X. When you press the copy (O) button, the selected file or directory will be copied to the other current folder of the other directory listing. So make sure the other directory listing is always in the correct folder (index of /dev_usb000 for your external drive).
Also an important note:
Be careful! It is a very dangerous tool if you don't know what you're doing. I'm not responsible in any way!
Download here OR here
If you like my work, Please donate me a cookie :)
going to give it a try thanks nice work
Good job man. Any chance the source will be available?
awesome so now we can copy from the external hd to the internal hd, rock on!
************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
a ftp option would be killer btw, also a option to copy multiple file so we can que a list of games on the external to copy to the internal.. :)
Is copying to /dev_flash possible?
Been playing around with it and i have to say awsome job mate keep the good work coming :)
great job thanks for releasing it ;)
Thanks man! testing
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.