In-Depth Guide of Making BDVD eboots into HDD/USB Eboots (riku.kh3 method)
The news of the first backed up game running by spoofing as PSN was done on the CFW a few days ago (details here). The original tutorial on how to do this is here:
Click here to see full text
1) Download and compile latest tools from git.fail0verflow.com Git (old versions of unself produce incorrect ELF)
Hazado, has created the following easier to follow tutorial on how to do this VIA PSX-Scene, quoted below:
My Tutorial for setting up and editing eboots to work discless and non-JB.
80010007 error - You changed the path file to longer than it was originally changing the structure of the eboot.
Tools you need
Cygwin (For Windows) - http://cygwin.com/setup.exe
PS3 Tools Compiled + Keys - ps3tools.7z
psn_package_npdrm - Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
Also need an FTP client or a way of moving the eboots and game files you have around on your PS3.
Ive got windows so im writing this for windows. Linux people you should be savvy enough to figure out what you need from this.
1. Download and do a default install of cygwin.
2. Start cygwin up once, then close it. (Creates the file structure you need for the next part)
3. Download and extract ps3tools.7z. Go to the folder you extracted and take every file except the folder .ps3 and put it in you c:/cygwin/bin/ folder (Assuming you did a default install, this is where the cygwin folder should be). Take the folder .ps3 and put it inside c:/cygwin/home/(Your Username Here)/
4. Download and extract the psn_package_npdrm.exe file to the same place.
5. Okay open up cygwin again.
6. Take an eboot.bin file you want to modify and put it inside the folder c:/cygwin/home/(Your Username Here)/.
7. Type unself eboot.bin eboot_modified.elf (You can call the .elf file whatever you want)
8. Open up your eboot_modified.elf inside a hex editor (I used HxD)
9. **Important** Any modifications you do cant change the file size of the elf. Okay go into your elf and change the dev_bdvd to dev_hdd0. This is where it takes some imagination. By changing the dev_bdvd to dev_hdd0, its going to look at the dev_hdd0 path (Your Ps3 Hard-drive) for the files. That means if it says /dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/ when you change it to /dev_hdd0/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/ it will look at that place for the files it needs. So if they arnt there it wont work. Also if you add/subtract to the elf here, you will get the error 80010007 when you start up your game. Your just looking to do an exact replacement.
Example time -
Click here to see full text
I just got FF13 to work for me, i changed the path from /dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/ to /dev_hdd0/FF13GAME/. I then went and created the folder FF13GAME inside my dev_hdd0 on my PS3 and put all the appropriate files in there (For FF13 you just need the /USRDIR/white_data/ Folder.) Here is the FF13 file i made.
10. Okay save your elf file with the modifications you made.
11. Type "make_self_npdrm.exe eboot.elf EBOOT.BIN UP0001-
xxxxyyyyy_00-0000111122223333" (Without the quotes and the xxxxyyyyy being the game ID for your backup)
12. You now have your eboot.bin file you need.
13. Now you need to make your pkg file folder structure and associated files. First create a file called xxxxyyyyy.conf and place this inside it. (Where xxxxyyyyy is put your game id)
16. Back to cygwin and type psn_package_npdrm xxxxyyyyy.conf xxxxyyyyy
17. You should now have a package file if you did everything correctly.
18. (3.55 Only) now type package_finalize.exe UP0001-xxxxyyyyy_01-0000111122223333.pkg
19. Copy the package file to a USB drive and go install it on your PS3.
20. Start up your ftp program and create or move the USRDIR files (Minus the eboot) to the directory you pointed at inside your modified eboot.
Hope this helps people...took me all day to figure this out. (Im kinda slow sometimes too) http://psx-scene.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
You may want to add commands from linux from this page
It has all of the apt-gets that let you compile geohots tools for the package finalize and the make_self_npdrm
His updated tools get past the 15% bug. The package_finalize win32 tool out in the interwebs stop at 15%
hi guys this work for any update example Gt5 ver. 1.05 ????
or only the psn game ?
thank you so much! i spent countless hours trying to figure it out with no luck lol
I was having many problems trying things out last night.
I'll try tonight to get them running from USB as well.
The config file is the only thing im getting errors at, can the config be made simply in text editor and then naming .conf or does it have to be a hex file ? thankyou
As per the tutorial,
I have created an eboot, and a .conf file. (with notepad and named it appropriately. And put them in a folder called xxxxyyyy.
what is this TROPDIR
and what do you mean by "Everything the files from PS3_GAME" (sorry this just isnt making sense to me)
And we need to create another USRDIR foler? and put the eboot that you told us to put into xxxxyyyy into it as well?
Sorry, still a little confused.
im getting Errors !! http://alomardaily.files.wordpress.c.../01/errors.png
In your config file, there is k_license and it should be k_licensee ...
Just my 2 cents :-)
Another error :( , i'm sorry for frequently asking for help ... i'm new at this
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.