PS3 Save Unlocker - by ColdReader
Finally, a quick and simple solution to using another person's locked game save on your own PS3.
Just released is a useful little 24KB program (for Windows) that the author states...
"This app can unlock another person's save by opening your param.sfo from your save and then opening their param.sfo from their save, it will then create a new param.sfo that you can use to overwrite the other param.sfo in the other users save that you'd like to use."
It's a pretty straightforward application.
I tested it on a few games (like Assassins Creed 2 and Street Fighter IV) on a PS3 Fat 60GB and a PS3 Slim 120GB... both running 3.55 CFW. Works fine.
UPDATE (2011-02-09): new revision released
- "i've added a save file dialog, in other words, you shouldnt get any file errors now, you can choose the name and where to save the modded param.sfo =)"
- DOWNLOAD LINK
UPDATE (2011-02-08): new revision released
- "i've added a few tweaks to the UI, also i've made the app copy your gameID from yourSFO to the otherSFO if the id in otherSFO is not the same, hopefully this might help games from other regions work."
UPDATE (2011-02-07): for the "File in Use" or "Corrupted Save" errors
- fix is in #17, #19 and #20 replies in this thread
- they state that:
Click here to see full text
Much saver method is using hex editor. :P
Just replace them by yours:
- psn user account id are at 0x140 and 0x588
- console id is at 0x574
- user account console number is at 0x584
- file attribute is at 0x150 (if you change to 00h it's in most case get u an error in XMB)
BTW: be ware uploading your saves. Sony could easily ban console and/or psn account by this (like M$).
It is not perfect as yet, but it works... with the minor workaround above.
Hack on folks,
Disclaimer: I did not make this program, so I won't be able to support it in any way. Use at your own risk.
Latest revision as of 2011-02-08 10:00PM GMT-8
sweet...let's have some fun ladies and gents (mostly gents). which makes me wonder, how many women do you guys think are in the scene? lol
Should work on non-jailbroken consoles right? since all save files contain a .SFO file that can be backed up to a USB flash drive. If so this will really come in handy for those who can't jailbreak or choose not too.
I get an error saying the file is being used by another application. Oh well.
this will work on 3.56
The game's save data is not copy-protected.
When you copy over the save data then the Param.sfo comes with.
Then you can copy over some else's stuff and boom, your good to go.
Tried it with uncharted 1 & 2 both becomes corrupted files... :(
Someone get a save game repository started. Game and Region!
I keep getting "Damaged data (8001051C)"
1. Create a new savegame on my account (not registred to psn)
2. Use the tool on my savegame(the one I created above) and other savegame (savegame from my old ps3 on different username)
3. Replace sfo in other savegame with the newly created sfo.
4. Try and transfer savegame from usb to ps3
And I only get 8001051C on those savegames :S
I'm on 3.55 cfw.
i would decrypt their panties off :)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.