[Tutorial] How to stream AVI files on PS3 via Tversity (revived)
So having issues with Nero MediaHome? Or dont want to "buy" it? Well Tversity is a dandy freeware that cab help you watch AVI files on the fly from PC to PS3!
What you need
1. Tversity http://download.tversity.com/Setup_0_9_10_2.exe
2. Tversity PS3 Patch http://download.tversity.com/SonyPS3-180PatchV2.zip
3. FFdshow version 802 http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi..._802__20070120
1. Install Tversity 0.9.10.2
2. Apply the Tversity PS3 patch
To apply it please follow the steps below:
* Make sure you have TVersity version 0.9.10.2 installed, otherwise install it. Please note that this patch cannot be applied on top of older versions and is designed for 0.9.10.2 ONLY.3. Install FFDshow revision 802 ( uninstall any old versions before installing this )
Once you have done all the above, goto your windows firewall and in exceptions allow Mediaserver.exe ( you can find it at C:\Program Files\TVersity\Media Server\MediaServer.exe ) You may need to allow Tversity also, if it allready hasnt been added automatically.
Streaming time baby :)
1. Load up Tversity
2. Goto Start/All Programs/ Tversity Media Server/ Tversity Tools/ Start Tversity Media Server. ( This may be done automatically but I always do it manually to make sure the server side bit is running )
3. Add your folders/Files via the Sharing Tab and The Green + Icon.
4. On the Settings Tab Choose the Transcoder option on the left and setup your connection speed ( wired or wireless ) and screen resolution ( I set my Reso to 1920 x 1080 lol )
5. Scroll to bottom of the page and Save your config you have setup.
6. Do the Search for servers on your PS3 and it should now find Tversity server and from there you all know how to play your videos etc.
Thats all! Hopefully this can help you stream it all down :) If you need help reply below.
Thanks pirate. I have just one question tho...When i originaly downloaded TVersity (bout 2 weeks ago) it asked me if i wanted to download and install the FFDshow things. I clicked on yes...so is this the same thing as downloading the link you posted above?
I followed this tutorial and at first it seemed to work great for me, was watching a movie on my tv in no time but then in the end with about 20% left of the movie it just pauses but when i press select it shows that there is about 20minutes left but i cant continue watching it, all I can do basicly is rewind and watch up to that point again.
I've tried several formats and several movies/episodes and it doesnt matter what size/lenght the movie is its always when its about 20% left it pauses. I've tried googling it but i couldnt find anyone else with the same problem so I hope someone here can help me:)
yea and also when i copy the movie to the ps3 hdd it changes the lenght of the movie so that it ends where it previously paused (before it would say that it was 20min long but pause at 14minutes. Now it says 14 minutes long)
You link for FFDshow does not work because it has the ... in the middle of the link.
I'm pretty sure this is the link for what you wanted to post:
FFDSHOW rev. 802 (20070120) (open source)
i no a better way to get avi or divX files to ps3 with absolute no loss of quality or resolution!!
thanks for ur valuable info..
surely this is going to help me a lot..
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.