AC3 & DTS to AAC (for use with mp4 files)
well i have done it again, with a little bit of searching and messing around i have got the program u have all be waiting for, the way to convert from DTS & AC3 to AAC, to pop those lovely mp4 files with 5.1 surround sound onto ur PS3's.
what u will need:
1. Foobar v0.9.5.6
2. Nero AAC Codec 188.8.131.52
3. Kode's Foobar2000 AC3 Plugin
4. Foobar2000:Components 0.9/DTS Decoder (foo dts)
and here is what to do!
01. install foobar, and make sure u do a FULL install, when it gets to this screen:
02. unzip the AAC codec, the dts and the ac3 plugin.
03. put the dts and ac3 .dll files into the "components" folder where u installed foobar (exmple C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components)
04. load foobar,
05. click file, then open, and find ur DTS or AC3 file and hit open.
06. Right Click ur file and press "convert" then "convert to..."
07. in the drop down menu at the top select MP4 (Nero)
07a. if u want a 5.1 AAC file then go to step 10, if u want stereo then keep following.
press ok to get out of this menu, then ok again on the other menu and this will pop up.....
11. at this point u might be asked to find NeroAacEnc.exe, it will be where ever u unzipped the nero aac codec in the "Win32" folder.
12. select where u want ur output mp4 file to be saved and let it run!
13. follow my tutorial on creating MP4 files with ur created mp4 file
14. rename from .mp4 to .aac and ur done!
on a side note, i am writing this tutorial AS i do it, so it is now going to take a little while to create the .mp4 file. i will then test it and post my findings! the audio convertion WORKS 100% and the video convertion tutorial WORKS 100%, but this is the first time i have put them both together, so we're all in this together!
as i always say, any feedback is greatly recieved!
hope this works out for u!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.