So, after a few days messing with the SDK, I have now created my first homebrew app for the PS3.
This Awsome MountPoint Manager is pretty much like the existing backup manager, with one major difference! You can choose any folder on any device on you PS3 to use as the mounted disk.
I wanted to mess around with the SDK that was 'avaliable' and it was a good learning curve! (Pretty much the first time ive coded in C++) and it was a challenge! (24 hours with no sleep
How to Use?
- Download and install my app
- Browse to the location that you store your PS3 backups (does not have to be LAUN12345/GAMEZ anymore!)
- Make sure you have highlighted the folder that CONTAINS the game to be mounted (Not inside the game folder!)
- Press the right button on the D-Pad
- Double check that you have selected the folder that CONTAINS the game!! Then press the right D-Pad button again.
- The app will now exit to the XMB, and you *should* see the game where the Blu Ray Game usually is
Will this brick my PS3 like that fake psp emulator?
Im not that mean :P, So no.
[UPDATED] Version 1.1 Released!
YouTube - NZHawk's Awesome MountPoint Manager 1.1
- Completely Re-designed
- Cool Text Transitions
- Remap any DIR to any DIR
- Makes use of Kakaroto's syscall35
- More which I cant remember..
Have a look at the video for the new XMB inspired gui, some may like it, others may not.
You must have a payload capable of syscall35 (IE: KaKaRoTo's PL3 + the new groove)
A few people seem to think that the firmware loader by Jaicarab does some magic behind the scenes, it only remaps the dev_flash to the dev_usbxxx. You can do exactly the same with this! Niether one is better, although with AMPM, there is more flexability
(remapping single folders in the flash for instance