Today an official update for the original PSGroove has been released. The new payload adds support for retail PKG installs, similar to what Waninkoko did earlier today
. However, according to Mathieulh (via Twitter
), that was the INCORRECT way to install retail PKG's hence has updated the PSGroove payload to properly integrate the feature. Do note that there are still certain PKGs that may cause problems while installing, so the official PSgroove update is a better, and more stable version to allow retail PKG install.
Retail package support was just added to PSGroove GIT
! This patch isnít the same as Waninkokoís Hermes v3 !
* Forcing r11 to 1 like Waninkoko did does work but it is not the solution and might bring issues with specific package types.
* The right patch to be done is to put a nop at the beginning of the debug algo decryption which checks for the model flag to be 1
* Also Waninkoko left the original PSJailbreak patch which was not proper either:
ROM:0002ED00 lhz %r9, arg_7A(%sp)
ROM:0002ED04 xori %r9, %r9, 0◊80
ROM:0002ED08 addi %r9, %r9, -1
ROM:0002ED0C rldicl %r29, %r9, 1,63
ROM:0002ED10 b loc_2ED20
* They force r29 to 1 which does indeed let you install debug packages,
* But breaks the retail package install because the code will stop at the debug check if r29 is set to 1.
* The right way is to actually kill that check.
* Thatís whatís been done by doing a nop to the conditional branch.
You can grab the source for the updated PSGroove here via Github.
So, post away the download links to the HEX files
and I will keep a list up on the front page (I will also replace Waninkoko's HEXs compiled earlier today with the PSGroove official ones to prevent any confusion).