XBSlink is a program that will enable games that support local network multiplayer to be connected to the Internet, for online play. Essentially, it is like XLink Kai
but connects via P2P
How is XBSlink different to Xlink Kai/xbconnect? Change log for v0.8.3.3:
In difference to other Systemlink proxies, XBSlink is purely P2P with no server infrastructure. No server connection or specialized game browser service is necessary. You are not dependent on any other factors. All packets in and out are 100% between the client nodes itself. The program was developed to get the last bit of speed/ping time thats possible. And to know, that no other data than the game packets itself is send to the internet.
- Optional integrated update notifier on new XBSlink version
- User joined/left messages in Chat
- It is now possible to stop the XBSlink engine and restart it.
- Added a warning message if WinPCap is not active.
- various small changes, mainly notifications for the user
Quick n’ dirty tutorial:[FileFactory]: DOWNLOAD HERE
[Download VIA PS3Hax]: Download HERE
For host & remote do:
1) Add your PS3 MAC into special MAC list (picture 1)
2) Start Engine (picture 1)
3) Start game and host local network multiplayer game (only if you are host)
For remote do:
1) After steps above add remote host ip or host (picture 2)
2) Push announce to Remote Host (picture 2)
3) Start game and connect local network multiplayer game (only if you are remote)
After these steps host and remote is connected and you can have a chat while you play game
[News Source PSX-Scene]