Jailbreak PS3 using the HTC Desire HD (aka HTC Ace / HTC Spade). The phone needs to be rooted first.
Power off, then power on the device with 'volume down
' pressed and selecting the 'recovery
' option, by using 'adb recovery', by installing 'Quick Boot' from the Market or by installing 'ROM Manager' from the Market.
Navigation in the recovery image as follows:
Step by step install instructions:
- Volume Up / Down to move between options
- Power key to select an option
- Select 'go back' option to go back
[FileFactory]: DOWNLOAD HERE
- Download 18.104.22.168 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for Desire HD - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: f84a93a5ae2fb86ee409fa2609a2c1c8
- Download fastboot (included in download link below) if you do not have it already.
- Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.
- Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume down' held, then select 'fastboot' (using the power button).
- Plug the phone into the PC.
- Extract the fastboot zip file.
- From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-ace-modaco-r2.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
- When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)