1) We know we don't own PSN, none of the hackers in this scene have messed with PSN. You are just too ignorant to go to google and look at the different terms all relating to hackers and crackers. But I'll break it down for you now.
"white hat hacker" in Internet slang refers to an ethical hacker, or a computer security expert, who specializes in penetration testing and in other testing methodologies to ensure the security of an organization's information systems
"Grey hat hacker" : These hackers are basically this entire scene. They don't implement security features, or do penetration testing, but they don't steal information either. They simply remove the security that is required for additional functions on a system. Such as homebrew, Linux, and other functions.
Black hat hacker : Also known as a cracker. These hackers are the ones responsible for hacking PSN. They have no relation to this scene what so ever.
2) They removed OtherOS because they didn't want to pay to keep it up to date. Plus they didn't want to keep paying taxes in other countries because having OtherOS meant that the PS3 was actually a computer. Without Linux it is considered only a gaming console, so it isn't subject to additional taxes.
But they did blame geohot for the removal of OtherOS so people wouldn't get pissed off. Also we paid for an advertised feature so YES we do have a right to demand it. A number of laws in different countries are on our side with this one which is why there are law suits about OtherOS out currently.
3) All geohot did was exploit the RSX which allowed full rights to it under OtherOS. But if Sony would have given us full RSX support to begin with geohot wouldn't have done this in the first place. Full RSX support is needed for proper functionality of Linux. It is required for full 2D and 3D hardware acceleration, so the OS can function at full speed. Have you ever ran Linux on the PS3? Without RSX support it is extremely slow, even more slow because of the fact that there's not enough ram as well.
4) Again you need to educate yourself. Most people don't hack the PS3 for piracy. Yes some do but a lot of us don't. Likewise have you actually used the homebrew from this scene? No? Than stfu as you know nothing.
5) Sony won't brick our consoles because we don't connect to their networks. We are already perma banned because we don't allow the PS3 to phone home to sony. So that really isn't going to offend us if you wish for our system to be banned. We don't care. Likewise if Sony tried to brick any users console we would promptly sue the hell out of them.
It's much more likely that you will get your system bricked as a result of staying with the official firmware, than we will staying on our firmwares. Or do you not remember 3.56 firmware bricks? There are plenty of other bricks but that was the latest IIRC.
PS. Graf is too busy fighting Sony off in court, he isn't stupid enough, nor cares enough, to hack your precious service. Sorry.
PPS. I'm not going to diss your grammar because I hate going to that extent. I spend enough time in college every week making sure my grammar is tip top and I don't feel like wasting the time on the net to do the same thing. As long as people can understand me, that's good enough for me. But you are horribly lacking in even the most basic levels of spelling. All modern browsers have a built in spell check and if I can take 2 minutes out of my busy life to spell check after I have composed a reply to you, you can take 2 minutes to do the same.
Go back to grade school and finish your education kiddy, get off these forums until you have done that.
Who the hell let these damn 10 year olds in? He's clearly a kid considering all the damn smiley's.
PPS. Damn this forum template is small. On Psx-scene my words wrap so it doesn't look like a wall of text. Here that's a different story