Annelies Marie Frank
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA
Liked 2,437 Times in 1,328 Posts
Mentioned: 449 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Originally Posted by jean945
Here's a correct translation if any staff wants to replace it. This one was a long one. Any things I didn't understand have a "(?)". Refer to the original text for context.
Click here to see full text
First of all, we want to make clear that this story is dedicated to the DHorg community, therefore, any comments or replies on what this release might provoke or might stop producing (provoking) is just jealousy, harassment and plain flaming. That’s why we’re not publishing any release dates since certain situations may occur that could delay or rush its publication.
We want to update you on the evolving situation that JFW is, and the innovations that it brings. Here’s the list:
(Level of development portrayed in Percentage)
- Central Core – 100%
- Cobra Payload – 50%
- Linux – 90%
- Preloader – 90%
- XMB Categorizing 90%
- Managers 0%
- TheGrid 90%
- Service Packs 0%
New categories like Multimedia, PS#Loader, TheGrid and Homebrew leave aside the PS3's native use.
Photos, Music, Videos, and TV all go away to make place for Multimedia.
New Category: Multimedia
This new bracket groups together native options like Photos, Music and Videos.
In this new category, Showtime player is used which provides more functionalities compared to what native applications can bring us.
That includes being able to:
- Listen to music
- Watch videos in AVI, MPEG, XviD, DivX and even MKV formats.
- Visualize Photos
- Watch Movies On-Demand
- Watch TV Channels
New Category: PS#Loader
This new bracket, from now forward, will take care of managing old Sony content. That means that games and saves from PS1, PS2 and Minis will pass to this side. This way, the GAME category will be cleaned from unnecessary icons.
Also, this is where the BackuPS RetroLoader (A.K.A Modified CobraUSB Manager) will be in charge of handling PS1, PS2 and PS3 games.
TheGrid, the new AddOns & Plugins category
This new bracket includes the Plugin Manager and Service Packs.
TheGrid is the name of the Plugin Loader. These plugins will provide start-up options (at boot) which will bring new possibilities to developers like:
- Bringing back Online Mode
- Keys Updates
- Version Spoofs
- Disabling of Devices
- Drive Mounting
- Plugins activation via button combination (?)
- Speedfun speed modification
New Category: Homebrew
This new bracket includes all existent homebrew; this will be able through OpenPStore where you’ll be able to download the latest homebrew that’ll be automatically redirected to this category, instead of GAME.
Cobra Payload in JFW DH as a plugin
As of this publishing, because of external scene problems Jaicrab has, the development of this plugin is on hold.
New Item: Linux
The JFW DH wasn’t falling behind on this, that’s why we’ll integrate 2 options to be able to regain Linux access. Those options are:
Preloader, Start-Up Recovery
The JFW DH includes a preloader that is able to:
- Make a RAW copy of the 3 flashes in an external device (usb)
- Flash the copies from the external device (usb)
- Updating the Preloader
- Run flashes with Write Permissions (no longer necessary “alejandro” or successors)
The advantages are that there is no need to reinstall PUPs (bypassing hardware verification) therefore there is no need to bypass combinations or recoveries.
These packs will include basic stuff to be able to use plugins, loaders, ftp, etc.
Applications and games compatibility
- JFW DH uses a 3.41v2 core, this doesn't mean you will not be able to play recent titles without patches. (Translator's Note: I really don't know what the original poster meant, so I just translated literally)
- JFW DH is compatible with games that require 3.56 and below: that includes recent 3.55 patched titles.
- JFW DH is able to run games up to 3.56 natively (original discs) without updating.
- PSN games that require a 3.56 NPDRM are also compatible without the need to update (current CFWs don’t have this possibility).
- No need to sign executable programs.
- There will be no 3.55 port since JFW DH already includes a lot more than 3.55 itself.
Alejandro (Special collaboration) = Central core, security, preloader
Jaicrab = Central core, thegrid, linux
DemonHades = XMB Categories, Organization, Implementations
DanteHades = Design, graphics, theme
PS_Juan = Remodelation, categories, tester
Ing_pereira = Creation of the TheGrid manager
Borrego = Tester
Davje = Documentation revising
PSmaniaco = Tester and assistant
I added spoiler tags to your post because of how large it was.