if only sony included the source code for the raf tools it would be an easy job for someone.
The limit is 1mb and 1.25 mb
An RAF file on PlayStation®3 has the following limitations. To create a valid RAF file, the following rules
must be observed.
• The combined total size of the model, animation, and script files on main memory at runtime must
not exceed 1MB. The following files, which are created as a result of compilation, are subject to this
• Model *.edge, *.edge.invbind, *.skel (Converted from .dae. Actor only)
• Bone animation *.anim (Converted from .dae. Actor only)
• Script *.jsx (Converted from .js)
• The combined total size of texture files on RSX™ local memory at runtime must not exceed 15MB.
The following files are subject to this limit.
• Texture *.jpeg (Size after decoding to the 32bit/pixel uncompressed format)
• Texture *.gtf (Converted from .dds)
• The total size of output model data for all the Actors combined must not exceed 1.25MB in the
intermediate buffer. The size of output model data for a single Actor can be calculated from the
• (Number of polygons * 6) + (Number of vertices * Vertex size)
• The maximum number of drawing object data that can be included in one RAF file is restricted by
the memory space within a module