Originally Posted by kopaka261
Ok I have a few questions, but im also a 100% qualified noob so please be patient if these questions are stupid. It is also my first time posting on a forum on any website.
1. What do I need?
2. My version is 3.6, i like the idea of solderless. so should I update to 3.7?
3. When i download firmware for ps3 does it go up in steps like 3.6,3.61,3.62 and so on or will it just update from 3.6 to the latest firmware in one?
4. Do I need the socket tool from 360-clip.com?
5. Do I need the adapter PCD?
6. What does it do?
7. What is the dual nand feature and what does it enable me to do?
8. What is the nand PCB, what does it do and should I get it?
9. After I downgrade the firmware, do I then still need to buy a dongle e.g. ps jailbreak?
10. I was also thinking of modding my 360, although I'm unsure as I remeber xbox's getting banned just before the release of modern warfare 2. What are the chances of them banning more before the release of MW3.
1. 360-clip and progskeet 1.1
2. Just update to 3.7, it wont make a deference
3.? i dont really get this one :P When you update your ps3, it goes to the latest version available
4. I have no idea
6. Flashes your nand, basically allowing downgrading any firmware, but the syscon check stays the same, so you will have to use a special FW like regero's that has lv0 patched to block syscon checks. The 360-clip is just a solderless option for phat/nand ps3's
9. LOL, you have not needed a dongle for a while now :P, a CFW does not need a dongle , only dongle worth getting is "Cobra-USB" since it adds features CFW's dont currently have.
10... again dont know what you mean? are you talking about 360 or ps3?.. With progskeet after downgrading your not going to be able to play online, unless you flash back to OFW 3.7, or the dual nand feature, allows dual boot. Then you could boot to OFW and play online. But you will need a official modern warfare 3 disc