This is a video tutorial of how to change your PS3 xmb wave colour. I would say that it's not really for beginners but if you have eyes and a brain you should be fine lol.
This is what can be achieved by following Part 1 and 2. You can download the pack in the video here http://www.mediafire.com/?q0h9n9kt4c3uccu
. Use README.TXT for install help.
Custom Coloured PS3 XMB Wave Pack with Download Link - YouTube
Things you will need:
PS3 Wave Edit Quick Start 3 Folder
Hex editor neo
For Part 2
nvidia dds plugin
Part 1: Wave Colour
Coloured PS3 XMB Wave Tutorial Part 1 - YouTube
Part 2: Background Colour & Particle Colours
Coloured PS3 XMB Wave Tutorial Part 2 - YouTube
Quick summary for both:
1. Grab your lines.qrc and decompress with simplyzip
2. Edit colour-settings.js, backgrounds .dds and particle colours/ proc_iridescent.tga to your satisfaction
3. Copy all new editions with hex editor to your lines and compress with simplyzip
4. Insert lines.zlp 8 byte hex start/PAL lines.zlp 8 byte hex start with hex editor
5. Copy to your dev_flash with multiman's file manager
The colour is measured in Red Green Blue (RGB) format. The way the values work for each is similar but not the same. I use simple maths to get more colours like this
First go here http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorper.html
this will show the RGB colour as a percenatge.
The value of 3.0 = 100%
So for the colour truepurple rgb(60%, 0%, 60%)
The values would be
The background colours night-**.dds are the original colours which change every month. They are also the colours when the PS3 starts-up (coldboot), so change the current month to change the coldboot background.
The background colours rgb-**.dds are the selection colours in theme settings. You can use this to have a variety of backgrounds/patterns to suit your coloured wave.
As always have fun and enjoy