1. Take your micro sd card and format to fat32.
2. Put the e3 10-28 update.bin file onto the root of your sd card.
(we use this to update your flasher, because it will allow you to flash multiple ps3's. Feel free to use a newer update, if you plan on leaving the flasher installed and dual booting.) take the sd card and insert into the slot on the flasher.
3. Set the switches on your e3 1 and 2 down and the rest up. Turn on the ps3. All 8 blue led lights light up and means your flasher has taken the update. Press the reset button.
4. Move the switches to 1 and 2 down, 3 up, 4,5, and 6 down. Press reset.
5. Press start and wait for the blue led light to light up in sequence. When all lights have lit and alternate flash the backup is done.
6. Take the sd card to your pc and check your dump with this guide(VERY IMPORTANT)
Repeat steps 4 - 6, two more times. at least. It's good to have a lot of good bios backups in case of a brick.
NOTE: The newer updates for e3 flasher make 3 bios backups at once. I suggest you still repeat steps 4-6 two more times and check them all. When it makes the 3 at once they will all be the same, so if one is bad the other 2 usually are to.