The problem which causes all the bricks is flashing the whole NOR/NAND. You didn't do anything wrong, except for that. Chance to succeed is less than 10% when you overwrite the flash - in the other 90% the coreos region of the flash gets corrupted and bricks the PS3. Even with the original dump you may not be able to recover the brick, unless someone "fixes" it (it was done with NOR dumps).
Just a warning to everyone: do not flash the whole NAND/NOR
- use a tool to flash only the changed EID0 sector. If you remember the post from
- he flashed the EID0 from petitboot, but ONLY 64KB (which is also not necessary). So either use petitboot to flash the eid only or multiMAN, which does it properly (a lot of people converted with no problems).