I don't want to quote myself, but if people read my two lasts posts in this topic, you still use linux, so the topic title is wrong, and this won't work as-is. Some more steps are needed.
Asbestos ldr kills gameos and loads a kernel by tftp from a server you provided it with by dhcp. The whole procedure should go a little like this:
1. Install PKG
2. Setup PC with linux (virtual machine) which runs NFS export with your linux filesystem.
3. Setup TFTP server, to server kernel to the PS3
4. Setup DHCP server, to assign IP to the PS3, and provide tftp server address (from #3)
5. Patch linux kernel to use NFS as root filesystem (from #2)
- Run the installed asbestos app.
- The ps3 will 'warm boot' and get rid of gameOS
- It will get an IP and the tftp server adress by DHCP
- It will load the kernel from the TFTP server & boot it.
- The kernel will boot, and try to mount the rootfs from NFS
- Linux is now ready to be used
- Run exploit
So technically, there is no 'linux installed' on the ps3, but your still booting it up. By network.