Originally Posted by pSydeFX
can you make a quick tutorial please. im tired of getting 8001003c error
I was getting this error when I was just trying to FTP the sfo and modified EBOOT into the game dir after installing the update.
Was stuck on this for a while. Then I tried to make a pkg with the modified EBOOT and edited PARAM with the tools located on page two or three of this thread. After that it worked. Can not promise it will work for you as I am only a "NOOB". But thought I would share my experience anyway.
1. Copy your folder that you extracted from the update, in my case it was BLUS30782, with the new PARAM.SFO and EBOOT in USRDIR that you created.
2. Make conf file by creating new text doc and placing this inside:
ContentID = UP0700-BLUS30782_00-PATCH20111104MAS
Klicensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
DRMType = Free
ContentType = GameData
PackageType = DiscGamePatch
PackageVersion = 01.00
But change ContentID with whatever contentID is store in your eboot. Can get that info by using the scetoolgui. It is around the halfway mark in that field. Then save as BLUS30782.conf
3. Then bring up the command window by holding shift and right click inside the folder that holds your tools. Type in the command window:
psn_package_npdrm.exe BLUS30782.conf BLUS30782
But change the gameid to your own.
4. Let it do its thing and create your pkg.
5. Copy over to ps3 and pray it works.
Hope this helps.
EDIT: Was writing this at same time.