I've got FIFA 13 fully working on PS3 with broken drive. Here's how to do that:
1. Patch FIFA 13 with normal fix.
2. Download RAW game installer.
3. Create pkg from game folder in RAW game installer. Remember to check the folder name which you enter in package config. It's best to click on get config from param.sfo and the folder name will be game code ex. BLESXXXXX.
4. Install pkg file on your PS3.
5. Open file manager on PS3 and copy content of FIFA USRDIR without eboot into /hdd0/game/YourFIFAFolderName/USRDIR/.
6. Copy TROPDIR into /hdd0/game/YourFIFAFolderName/. It should be in the same folder as USRDIR. This step is very important, otherwise you would stuck on loading trophies with 0%.
5. Launch game from XMB icon.
Here you have fixed pkg. Game wouldnt ask you to update anymore.