Originally Posted by fromzero
It's completely terrible that this leaked. First off it was a work in progress. 5 or so greedy leaches may be thinking oh sweet, free psp games! But it was only a psp emu exploit. Maybe if this was kept under wraps and only shared with other devs, greater things would have come and now Sony knows what's possible and how to fix it. Maybe we can get some awesome apps coming down the vita pipeline VIA this exploit but it still requires a game specific exploit which Sony has taken down. If we waited just a bit longer maybe someone could have had figured out a way to get more control of the hardware or a way to load it via usb with a network sploit... Who knows. It could easily be patched out of newer firmwares.
Brainwashed and stupid.
"sploit" = yeah cool dude man.
1. How could this "maybe" have developed into something else for the Vita itself. This was firmly an exploit for the PSP emulator, that is a self contained emulator that has a firewall against the main system. It would be technically impossible for it to "maybe" lead to anything for the Vita.
2. You seem concerned that exploit will be immediately patched, why? You say only a few people will benefit with PSP piracy, but it sounds like you're more interested in Vita piracy which I would have thought it far worse.
3. Exploit was released by a different dev that allows this using a different method but the same game, so your argument is moot.
4. Sounds like you've been brainwashed by people like Coldbird who have blamed THEIR incompetence on the person who leaked this and made the end user suffer. Coldbird is the only one to blame in this, it was his exploit and he stupidly passed it onto someone who couldn't be trusted.
5. Coldbird has said this wasn't ever going to be released.
6. Your post is full of "maybes" and supposition without any real evidence to back up what you say.
7. Your overall attitude is one of a brainwashed fart who doesn't have a clue of what is really going on. You read a blog post from a ps3 dev and take it as gospel. Read between the lines. Nothing happened here except what always happens...A ps3 dev coding up something tasty people would enjoy asking everyone to suck his penis and not releasing anyway.
8. People like you are what fuel the egos of people like Coldbird. But it's people like you who in the long term are what is damaging the scene, because you actually support the stance of not releasing anything, supporting a dev who inflicts his moral compass on the world and takes a devs word as being 100% trusted.
9. It won't take long for a new game exploit to be found, I mean look 4-5 have been released already. It would always be patched by Sony shortly after release regardless of when the hack was made public.
Stupid, ignornat and thoughtless, I would describe your post as.
You can describe my attitude as arrogant I guess...But at least I'm right in my analaysis.