Originally Posted by carldenning
i not got a flasher . nor did i have a my cex flash back up cos my hdd went with it saved on , any way what i did was
make sure debug menu = release check: release
1. install itskamel cfw 3.55
2. install rebugs lv2_loader.pkg
3 install eEID_RKDumper.pkg
4. used mutiman mmCM ver 04.04.03 FULL
5. enable write to dev_flash in mutiman
6. get kmeaw lv2_kernel.self and put root of dev_blind folder
7. disable write access dev_flash in mutiman
8. run lv2_loader.pkg " if worked u will hear 3 beeps"
9. run eEID_RKDumper.pkg " if worked u will hear 3 bleeps"
10 use mutiman and go to hdd0\tmp\ and u will see the key .
11. copy key to usb
12. in mutiman go to mmos then to filemanger and on anyfile press CIRCLE and then Open in Hex
13.Press [SELECT] to switch to LV2
14 .Then press [START] to dump
15. It will ask if you want to dump LV2 press [NO]
16 It will ask if you want to dump LV2 press [NO]
17 .Third question is about the flash, press [YES]
18 your dump will be aon your usb
It will look similar to 20121024-191144-FLASH-NAND-FW3.55.NANDBIN
19. copy your dumo and key to pc
12. download multiMAN ver 04.08.00 BASEPLUS (20121023) .rar
13. extract folder and go to multiMAN ver 04.08.00 BASEPLUS (20121023)\apps_pc\c2d
14 . mover folder c2d to C:\ " so its C:\c2d
15 . install Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_1c.exe from the c2d folder and install it as C:\openssl
16 . copy your dump and keys to C:\c2d
17 . rename you dump to my.DEX.EID0.NANDBIN
18 rename your key to eid_key_file.bin
19. in cmd go to C:\c2d
20 . enter c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin my.DEX.EID0.NANDBIN my.CEX.EID0.NANDBIN [target_id]
82 (DEX/DEBUG) (default)
8A (SE ASIA)
eg for me it was
c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin my.DEX.EID0.NANDBIN my.CEX.EID0.NANDBIN 87
21. copy my.CEX.EID0.NANDBIN to usb
22. Download And Install FactoryServiceMod.pkg but DONT RUN IT .
23 . Download Rogero CFW FOR CEX and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
24 . Download Lv2diag.self file (365Kb)
25 . Copy Rogero CFW and Lv2diag.self to root folder of Your USB
26 . on you usb should be on the root Rogero CFW and Lv2diag.self and my.CEX.EID0.NANDBIN
27 put usb in to ps3 and go to mm file manger .
28. got to usb and double click on my.CEX.EID0.NANDBIN and follow intrustions
28 once its flashed " DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF "
29. Run FactorySerViceMode From XMB wait tfor the ps3 to turn off automaticlly it will take a while
30 . DO NOT TURN YOU PS3 OFF . remove usb and remove the Lv2diag.self (365Kb) from usb stick
31 .download this Lv2diag.self (4.14Kb) and put this on the usb stick " dont mix this up with the other Lv2diag.self
32. put usb in to ps3 with just Lv2diag.self (4.14Kb)
33. Turn on The Console . wait for automatic turn off
34 . eject usb drive , turn on console and u will be on Rogero CFW CEX
35. DEHASH IF U NEED to go other any fw
this is what i did cos i lost my cex back up
i guess if u got your cex back up u could go from number 22 . dont hold that from me .
it worked perfect for me from number 1
for some of this
Oh, just a 35 step process?! No thanks. I'm good right where I am on DEX. People act like the scene doesn't continuously change day after day. New things are releases, new developers come to the scene with fresh ideas all the time. This will not stop. People are blasting DEX users because they converted....Is it our fault you idiots are too dumb to read and learn how to convert? The CEX to DEX conversion took me all of 8 minutes. Done and done. Give me a break.
On a serious note....Thanks to the person I quoted for the steps to convert back to CEX. Always good to have the know-how if you want to go back.