Originally Posted by LoboGuara
I did exactly the same procedure, everything went well.
I need to pay more attention, sorry again. Are you still on 4.21v1?
If yes, updating straight to v9 will not work. Use the 421 downgrader and follow the Rogero´s downgrade tutorial before.
Click here to see full text
- Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps :
- Download the 4.25 downgrader PUP ---> 4.25 Downgrader Size 176MB (184,595,263 bytes) MD5: 49d80e07fc1f5ca1b0840e02e94635db
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on Rogero CFW4.21, go to System Update from XMB and install the 4.25 downgrader CFW.
- Once installed, now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
- Once the install is finished, you're now back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 (from here it's better to dehash again before installing any other OFW/CFW 3.55)
That's what I did the first time...and again, and again. Now I'm back at XMB trying it again and it's still telling me corrupted data. I feel like I'm in limbo. The PS3 is working but none of my homebrew apps are working. It's acting more like I'm on OFW 4.21 without having ever installed it. I'll keep trying as I'm unsure what to do at this point.