Originally Posted by bauldrick
I've tried two that I found for PSP.The original (I think) by Brandonw and the same one modified by nabnab?
But I agree, and have read alot of reports, that the pspjig doesn't work well
You need to use the original one from Brandown and your PSP has to be on CFW 5.50GEN-D3 (it has to be this CFW, it won't work with any other CFW)
My PSP was on 6.63PRO and it would not work until I downgraded it to CFW 5.50GEN-D3.
Now my ps3 is unbricked and running ROGERO CFW4.21v.1.09 with no problem.
To fix the brick and go to ROGEROCFW3.55v3.7 I used the following files:
FactoryMode In and Out
Put the files of the PS3Jig file in the PSP/GAME folder of your psp
Put the files of the CFW5.50GEN-D3 file in the root of your memorycard in the PSP and run it from XMB (wait for it to finish)
Follow this tutorial:
On the PS3
2. Switch off ps3 from power cord
3. Put the PSP with PS3Jig already running in the right usb port
4. Put power cord in the console
5. Press power button followed quickly with eject button, the console should boot, and then reboot. (if the beeps continue it's normal)
6. Remove PSP
7. Put the 2 files from FactoryMode In folder in the root of a USB Pen formated in FAT32 in the right usb port
8. Power on the PS3. If all went well you shall see the ps3 reading stuff in the usb pen, and the hard drive of ps3 working, wait for the console to power off.
9. Remove the USB PEN (you will have an UPDATER_LOG.TXT in the Pen with the details)
10. Power on the PS3
11. At this point you can check if the console boot up and its inside factory mode (red square box in the bottom left of the screen)
12. Power off the PS3
On the computer
13. All you need now is to get out of Factory Mode, so put file inside the FactoryMode Out on the root of the USB Pen (delete the first two files that were there)
On the PS3
14. Put the USB Pen in the right port with the file already on it
15. Power on (the console will power off automatically)
16. Power again and you should now be on ROGEROCFW3.55v3.7
This worked for me