Originally Posted by CopyLifted
From 4.21 CFW? or OFW?
If you are on 3.56+ OFW, you must use a hardware flasher to get back to 3.55.
If from 4.21 CFW:
- Install Toggle QA (unless Toggle QA was already installed while on 3.55)
- Put the 4.25 downgrader on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on Rogero CFW 4.21, go to System Update from XMB and install the 4.25 downgrader CFW.
- Once installed, run Toggle QA. It will (should) beep 3 times and return to XMB. Confirm it's flagged by going to network settings icon and press L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down at the same time. If no other icons appear below network settings it is not flagged. If that's the case, run Toggle QA again and check it again.
- Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu (or use Condor Updater for Slim consoles) and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
- Once the install is finished, you're now back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7
- Now put 3.55 OFW on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install 3.55 OFW
- Now put E3 4.30 CFW on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install E3 4.30 CFW
Or you can go from rogero 4.21 CFW v1.09 to E3 4.30 CFW through recovery.
does your internal hdd data remain da same after downgrading? i heard some people have had unexpected formatting of their internal hdd after downgrading/upgrading. any specific step to avoid dis from happening?