Originally Posted by gingerbread
To make it even better, I think you could place all 3 FWs on you internal HDD for easy FW switching.
For folk who are not aware of this.
1. In debug settings and enable "System Update Debug"
2. Use Multiman's file manager(or other) and create a folder in /dev_hdd0 called "updater", so it's /dev_hdd0/updater/
3. Create folders in that directory for the firmwares called 01, 02 and 03 (Dont miss a number or it will error).
4. Copy whichever PS3UPDAT.PUP into one of those folders and rename it to whatever you want, you dont even need the .PUP at the end.
5. Go to System Update then Update via Hard Disk
just like the old time, huh? thanks