Thanks for replying. I had already looked at the PS3 backup compatibility list and copied the suggested settings from there (pretty much what you said as well).
The only new things I tried was setting permissions and the direct boot which also didn't help unfortunately.
I'm at a loss... very frustrating. Is it possible I could of forgot to install something along the way which is causing a black screen? But I'm guessing if that was the case I wouldn't off been able to even install multiman, let alone get it running and backup a game to usb and internal hdd.
Any other advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
Ok. I think I got it working - I am guessing its running off the USB drive because the light is flashing on it (I have the original disc in there at the same time).
For anyone other n00b like me that has a problem with the game this is what I did:
- follow the black screen section in the multiman beginner's guide.
- delete any game data if you have already played on the original disc.
- When in multiman make sure you update to 1.07 as required.
- Check permissions.
- tick "disc", "external", "BD mirror"
- Launch from BD disc icon, not the ★ /app_home/PS3_GAME/ menu