Originally Posted by KAIROSTIP
Yes i know that version2 is better,but I wonder which way is better immediately downgrade back to Rogero CEX3.55 v3.7 or update directly through Recovery Mode to Rogero 4.30 v2.00 or wait V2.01??
I would personally recommend doing everything via recovery like rogero said himself.
Option 1 is :
1- If you are on any CFW newer then 3.55 you can try updating from Recovery Mode to CFW4.21/4.30 v2.00.
---- If it didn't work (Data corrupted Error), then you'll have to Downgrade back to Rogero CEX3.55 v3.7 using the guide below.
If that doesnt work then downgrade to v3.7 and start at option 2..
- Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps :
- Download the Downgrader PUP ---> Downgrader PUP mirror ---> Downgrader PUP
...Size 176MB (184,595,263 bytes) MD5: 49d80e07fc1f5ca1b0840e02e94635db
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on Rogero CFW4.30, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
- After the Downgrader PUP installs you'll be on a hybrid CFW3.55 that will still shows ver4.21/4.30 from system settings.
- Enable QA flag by following these steps:
1- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here ---> toggle_qa.pkg
2- Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
3- Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
4- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):
L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down
You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.
- Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
- Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install any CFW 3.55/4.21/4.30.
option 2 is:
2- Once on Rogero CEX3.55 v3.7 or any 3.55OFW/CFW, Update using the XMB update option to CFW4.21/4.30 v2.00
---- If it didn't work (Data corrupted Error), Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and update yo CFW4.21/4.30 v2.00.
As for 2.01, it might come out today it might come out in a week... depends on your level of patience