Ok I have a question, first need someone to check my dump I made from my ps3, before I start to downgrade..
My E3 dump is here: http://www.2shared.com/file/H9HUGWIh..._2004a_9B.html
PS3 is on 4.31, CECH-2004A, 9B.
So the steps I made was:
1. I insert E3 update.bin to SD, with 1-2 up, 3-4-5-6 down
1.1 I update my E3 flasher.
1.2 I turn off my console, check on MY PC and update was done.
2. I put SD card back to my E3, 1-2 down, 3 up, 4-5-6 down
2. 1 I press start and make my dump I post top.
3. I do the same think 5 times, so I have 5 dumps from my PS3, just in case If I decided to go downgrade without anyone to check my dump.
4. I go on restore proces with my original dump I made, the E3 txt file was 39kb sized, I know when I do restore on my console after that file was 44kb.
4.1 I go 1-2-3-4-5-6 down and start
4.2. He restored it back.
5. I conect my SD to PC and check on root was backup file and text but it was not sized 44kb it was onlly 39kb so I decided not to go ond step 6. that would be to copy downgrade.bin to SD and put 1-5 down and 6 up.
Can someone tell me is dump ok and do I need to do Restore proces?
Or I can just update flasher, make dump, copy downgrade.bin with my backup, go from 1-5 down, 6 up and downgrade?
I didnt go on downgrade couse I was scare to brick PS3.
PS3 model is CECH-2004A, 9B data code, with Samsung NOR on MBO.
************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoyQC
Hi, english is not my first language and there is some part i don't understand well in the tutorial.
when he says;
put your origional dump back on and then goto c:\E3 Flasher programs
copy the e3_downgrade.bin to the micro sd card
Does that mean i have to put my original dump on the micro sd with the e3_downgrade.bin ?
Also, when i finish the downgrade, i will be on OFW 3.55 or i will be on CFW 3.55 Rogero ?
Hello mate, when I downgrade i do next steps:
1. Update E3 with E3 update on SD card with 1-2 down, 3-4-5-6 up
2. Turn off PS3, check if update is updated (you wont see anymore update file on SD card)
3. Put SD on E3, 1-2 down, 3 up, 4-5-6 down, now wait to boot on XMB and start.
4. Do it 3 times just to be sure you have good dump.
5. Copy it to your PC.
6. Insert SD card to E3 flasher, all switches down, 1-2-3-4-5-6 down
7. Power on PS3 wait to boot and press start, now he do restore.
8. When you do this, connect back SD to PC, check if file size is 44 kb for E3 file if it is, copy E3 downgrade.bin with your backup and this file that is 44kb to your SD card.
Put SD to your E3, put 1-2-3-4-5 down, 6 up.
9.Power on PS3, wait to boot on XMB, press start.
10. When finish power off ps3.
11. Power ON PS3 just to be sure you downgraded it (it will say connect ps3 controler with cable) DO NOT DO IT, just power off.
Now you downgrade console, now you need to cut off your power cable, attach prepared Dongle, I use PS3 BREAK V 1.1 in right USB slot, (You need to have ps3 power cable ejected from PS3 when you connect it) power plus eject and PS3 will turn off by himself.
Now put on USB flash drive 3.55CFW (I always install rogero 3.1) and copy that update and Lv2diag.self from "Step 1" folder on root of USB, put in right slot and power on PS3, it will turn off by him self. (5 min wait)
Now when you do this, plug in back USB, delete all files on it, and copy Lv2diag.self from "Step 2" folder to USB, put back to PS3.
Turn on PS3 and you will have screen by SONY, connect controler, make time and other thinks, copy qa.togle to your USB and install it, run it to dehash console.
When you do it PS3 reboot, beep 3 times, go to network hit combo L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down, You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, make enable update system debug, update ON.
Now install from recovery mode 3.55 ofw, and again from recovery 3.55cfw and you done, thats the way I do.
Just in case wait someone to confirm my state.