Originally Posted by playerkp420
Did the console already have RSOD problems?
I have never had much luck with the lv2rsod.self fix. It always says it was successful but never fixes it.
What I do that works is this:
- Install NoOtherOS PUP from recovery menu option 6.
- Install and run toggle_qa.pkg.
- Install and run rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg.
- Install OFW 3.55 from recovery menu or Condor Updater
- Install any CFW from XMB System Update from storage device.
WARNING - Do not leave the PS3 on the NoOtherOS firmware. It will lead to a permabrick eventually.
If the RSOD comes back after these steps, it is most likely there is bad blocks in the flash. The only way I have seen permanently fix that, is to replace the nor chip itself.
Make a new dump after you have done the steps, and flash it back to the nor. Hopefully it will rewrite whatever caused the problem to begin with.
Thanks, looks like the issue is now solved.